Chapter 3: Cant be

I Don't Know You (sequel: The Real Him)

Baekhyuns pov

“Baekhyun are you listening?” I casually turn my head after staring blankly outside, nothing in my mind. “Did you say something? Sorry I wasn’t listening.” Chanyeol rolls his eyes as he looks away from me as Lay just stares at me with his innocent eyes.

"What are you thinking about?” Lay asks me after a moment of staring at each other. “Nothing.” It’s true, I wasn’t thinking of anything. “That’s a lie.” I roll my eyes as I face out the window again, laying my head on my palm. “I’m not lying, Lay. Why would I ever.” Luckily, he didn’t say anything back so I closed my eyes letting out a long sigh.

“Wake up sleepy head.” Waking up by the call, I get out of the car and rub my sleepy eyes as I tried looking around my surrounding. Loud music was playing, with LED lights outside and 2 buff security guards at the door. It didn’t take me long to realize we were in front of a club entrance.

“So this was your plan?” Hands in my pocket, I sarcastically say to Kris who ignored my question and was already at the door showing the guards his ID. We all followed behind showing them our own ID and the first thing we get are weird looks. Not surprised, I mean it’s so normal to see Asians at a white club but we all brushed it off and sat at a round table.

“I’m going get drinks. Anyone want to come?” Chanyeol says getting up and already heading his way to were the drinks were served. Kyungsoo followed right behind once he caught eyes on a y white chick who was a bartender.

“Hey Kris, long time no see dude!” Twisting my head to where Kris was, a Korean guy who is way shorter than Kris, blond hair and with a beer in his hand gave Kris a one arm hug. “It’s been long Suho. You haven’t changed over the years.”

“Well doesn’t seem like you have either you giant.” He pulls up a chair and places it right next to Kris as he gave me and Lay a glance before showing a smile. “Hi, my names Joonmyun but people call me Suho. Kris and I have been friends since little but I moved to America since there was some family issues. You guys are…”

“Hello, I’m Baekhyun and he’s Lay. We got two other friends who went to get drinks. The really tall one is Chanyeol and the shorter one with big owl-like eyes is Kyungsoo. Speaking of them here they come.”

“Drinks, drinks, for you and- Who you are?” Chanyeol stops in his track staring at the stranger who was smiling brightly at him. “You must be Chanyeol. I’m Joonmyun or Suho. And…. Ah kyungsoo right? Pleasure to meet you all!”

Giving him a weird look, he seemed not to mind since he’s talking to Kris who was also very occupied with the conversation there having. Rolling my eyes I looked to my right to see Lays seat empty. I looked around to see him on the dance floor showing off his moves. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were having their own conversation which left me alone.

“Do you want to go to a quiet room? Kris and I were going to head upstairs to fill out some forms and talk to the manager of this place to ask a few questions for your boss.” I gladly took the offer since my head was throbbing like crazy all of a sudden.

I followed them upstairs and I realize there wasn't a lot of people up here. Most were just chatting with each other more than physically doing things unllike downstairs. “You can stay here if you want Baekhyun. We will pick you up when we finish.”

“Thank you so much Suho.” He gave me another one of his smiles, closing the door behind him as I was in the room alone. The room was fairly quiet, the music is barely heard and it wasn’t cold but warm in the room.

“This must be a private room or something.” I say out loud as I looked around. There was a few pictures and art work on the walls, cup ramen on the tables with a few soda bottles. The couch was red and long, with a big flat screen TV. “Guess the workers come here to rest or have a break.”

I lazily make my way over to the pictures on the wall, still looking at my surroundings. One knee on the couch and the other standing, hands still in my pocket I scheme through the pictures but stop at a certain one. Taking my hands out of my pocket, I get closer to the picture trying to make out those two faces.

Two boys were on stage, dancing but the red light makes it hard to make out those two faces. I bit the inside of my mouth as I take another look at all the pictures all of a sudden interested in them. I came upon a picture with 4 boys and one girl. They were in this very room as two boys were holding up drinks as the rest didn’t. All of them were smiling and the girl was holding hands with one of the boys.

“Ah ,” I close my eyes from the sudden throb but when I took another look at the picture, my eyes widen. “Th-this can’t be true. I-it can’t be them.” I whisper to myself ripping the picture off the wall.

Taking another look at the picture in my hand, I scheme the wall again to see a different picture but this time the two people holding hands were kissing as the other guys around gave weird faces. I knew those faces anywhere. Even though time has passed 4 years since I last saw or heard of them I can’t forget their faces, especially Byuls.

“, do I tell the others? No no Baekhyun don’t talk no-sense do you want to hurt them again? But Kris has been looking for Byul, wait but that doesn’t mean I have to tell him they live in New York. Do I want to tell them? Where can they be right now? I can be just imagining things. That might not even be them.” I sound like a mental person but who the freak cares right now I just found my ‘friends’ and I don’t know what to do.

“No this can just be some people who look very much like them. This can’t be them. No it’s not so don’t worry about it.” I say to myself before lying down on the couch and closing my eyes as I keep telling myself it’s not them.

 

Byuls pov

“Are you sure you don’t want to come with us?” Sehun asks me as he puts on his shoes as the others are already done and ready to leave.

“Yes I’m sure. Now go before you and Jongin are late to teach!”

“It’s not too late to follow us Byul~” Luhans sings. “Nah, I’ll stick here. Just call me when you guys are coming back.” Pushing them out the door I take a glance at my boyfriend but his earphones are in.

I frown slightly at his attitude. Ever since yesterday he’s been ignoring me and hasn’t even made an effort to talk to me.

Once everyone left, I shut the door closed and let out a long sigh. I wasn’t going to stay here of course, but I didn’t want the boys to follow me so I told them I wanted to rest at home. Looking at the time, it was 2 o’clock and they all promised to be back before 7.

Rushing to my room I wore the clothes I already picked out to wear the other day so I won’t let a minute waste. Checking my pocket, making sure I have my phone, earphones and wallet I head out the door to the bus stop.

My hands are sweaty and my mind is again all over the place. I don’t know what got me thinking I should visit my old neighborhood. Maybe the fact that Baekhyun parents might be back? I gulp saliva as his name appeared in my mind again. It’s not the same feeling thinking about his name as it was when we were still friends.

The closer the bus got to the area, the more my hands would sweating. Maybe the fact that I might see Baekhyun scares me even if I don’t know if he still looks the same from 4 years ago. When I came to the last stop of the bus I thanked the bus driver before getting off and staring at my surroundings.

Things did change I can tell you that. The houses look newly built as some kids were running around. I smile as the kids chase each other, calling each other’s name reminding me of my childhood when I used to do that with the guys.

Taking a look at all directions I finally came to the two houses. Surprisingly, they were the only houses that were old. Everything else around them was newly built but no one seemed to lay a hand on these two.

A frown appeared on my face, shivers down my back as I looked at my house. Taking baby steps to the front door of the house I took in a long breathe before opening the door. It was dark and dusty with a lot of spider webs. The walls were old and disgusting, the only light source coming into the house are from the windows.

I sadly smiled as I look around the house more and head upstairs to where my room was. I wasn’t surprised to see the door broken, remembering what happened as shivers run down my back again. My bed was still there, old and disgusting, the closest door was broken, my desk was still there with nothing on it but dust and a lot of spider webs.

I walk inside every bit of the room flowing back memories. Tears gathered in my eyes as I lightly let a smile form on my face. Making my way around the room I stop in front of my desk as I gently touch it with my hand. I opened one of the drawers, thinking nothing would be there but something was.

It was a picture ripped into two. It was me when I was about 8. A pair of arms was around me but I don’t remember who it is. Putting the picture in my pocket I left my house and headed towards Baekhyuns.

His house was no different from mine. Messy, dirty, old, dusty, and dark. Without thinking my legs took me towards Baekhyun room as I barged in and went towards his lonely desk. I opened the drawer harshly and there was a picture of him.

Seeing the picture was also ripped I took out the one in my pocket and connected it together. My eyes opened widely seeing the two pictures match perfectly. It was his arm around me. It was us in that picture when we were 8 years old. My hands started to shake and my breathing was getting weird. Shoving both pictures into my pocket I ran back to the bus stop as it took me back to the hotel.

Once I was in the apartment I took off my shoes and ran to the table. Placing the two pictures down I dig through my bag and take out the tape before taping the pictures together. I stare at the picture for a long time getting an extreme headache. Rubbing my temple I flip the picture around so I don’t have to deal with this now but stop when I see words. I know that handwriting and my hands shook violently once I read it.

Surprise! You found it. That means you came by the two houses to check them out. Didn’t expect to see that in both houses did you? Haha

Putting the picture deep inside my bag I lay on my bed covering myself fully with my blanket before crying myself to sleep.