Chapter 2: Moment

I Don't Know You (sequel: The Real Him)

Byuls pov

I stare at myself in the mirror. My dark circles showed the lack of sleep I got from the horrible dream I had. I don’t think I ever had one this bad before. My bags were on my bed, ready to leave to Korea. I gagged at the thought of it. A sudden headache comes back as so many scenes play in my head.

“Byul! We need to get going before were late!” I hear Luhan call my name from the living room. Getting up from the seat, I look at myself once more, fixing how I look and my clothes. I grabbed my bags and headed out to the living room. All the boys were in different places. Xiumin was in the kitchen, Luhan and Sehun was standing in the middle of the living room talking to each other and Kai was on his phone sitting on the couch.

“Yes we are heading out now… Ok sure thing boss…. Of course… thank you again we will do our best… Good bye.” I stared at Sehun as he looked at his phone one last time before putting it in his pocket and taking my bags. I tried getting it back but he just went down stairs with it so I didn’t do anything but sigh and rub my forehead. “You ok?”

I look up and Xiumin was right in front of me. “Yeah I’m fine.” I smile at him. He put his hand on my forehead but I frowned and wack it away. “You don’t look ok.”

“I’m fine just couldn’t sleep last night.” I didn’t mean to say that but it slipped out of my mouth. I looked past Minseok and saw Kai on his phone. He didn’t even spare a glance at me. I frowned as he got up; put his phone in his back pocket, swinging his bag on his back before heading to the door and to the car. Something was definitely wrong with him.

“He’s just annoyed.” Xiumin said in my ear. “Why are you whispering?” I asked pushing him away a little and putting my shoes on. “I don’t know.” He leaves me in the room as I stare at his back side. I swear something is wrong with this kid.

The car ride was quiet. Everyone was either listening to their music or sleeping. I messed with my hands, biting the inside of my lips all these scenes appearing in my mind again. What happens if I see Baekhyun or his friends? What should I do? Is it smart to visit our old house? Should I just stay in the apartment?

“What are you thinking about?” Sehun taps my arm as I slightly jump from the sudden touch. I thought he was sleeping since his eyes were closed. “No it’s nothing important.”

“Obviously you’re lying. Do you want to talk about it?” He tilts his head to the side giving me a worried look. I gave him a fake smile shaking my head when really, my mind was about to explode.

Once we got to the airport I took a deep breath looking around. There were not as many people I thought there would be. Some were with family, others were alone or even in couples. A lot of people were in a rush, many of them talking on their phones. Luhan taps my shoulders pointing to the left since that’s the way we needed to go.

Every step I took made me more nervous and worried. I gripped the bottom of my shirt trying my best not to faint from the headache and shaky breath. I never expected this day to come so quickly. This past week came by so fast i couldn’t even clear my mind correctly but I didn’t want to keep the guys to suffer because of my decision. They seemed pretty excited to go back to their homeland but why does it feel like we won’t come back to America?

“Watch where you’re going.” That voice…

“I-I’m sorry sir.” He just walks away as I stare at a group of boys. 2 of them were really tall as the other 3 were short. That voice was so familiar. Like I knew that voice but it didn’t click in my head. I closed my eyes for a second before moving again back to the others who were already waiting.

“Are you sure about this?” I can hear the worried tone in Luhan voice. It sank deep inside me and I felt a sudden rush of guilt. I don’t like to make others worry about me, and especially on a day like today I don’t want them to even think about me. “I’m fine. I’m perfectly fine so stop worrying about me.” I shined my biggest smile but when he looked away I squeezed my eyes shut to get the pain away.

I sat next to Sehun during the plane. I knew Kai was supposed to be sitting next to be but I guess he changed seats with Sehun. I could care less at this moment. He’s being an and I don’t have the energy to talk to him. I laid my head on sehun shoulder, bringing the blanket I brought from home to my face. I closed my eyes not caring about anything at this moment. Just want this week to end already so life would be back to normal.

 

Baekhyuns pov

“We are here, New York City. We will be going to the dance school tomorrow.” Kris said to all of us as we walked to the exist. It felt weird to see some many Americans and not Asians. I was tired since its night in Korea but I guess I can’t sleep now or else I won’t be able to sleep at all.

As I was talking to Kyungsoo, a girl bumps into my shoulder but she didn’t seem to notice. Already being on edge from being so tired I quickly react, “Watch where you’re going.” She kept looking down and when she apologized I just kept moving forward already annoyed with the people here. But her voice sounded familiar.

“Why are we going to the dance school again?” Lay asked me in a whisper so no one else heard expect me. I sighed knowing he didn’t forget on purpose but he is just really forgetful.

“Our boss wants us to fill out some forms for him. Remember, his son works at Star academy so we need to go there tomorrow. Don’t tell me you also forget our company doesn’t have one main job. Our boss is whack. We have makeup produces, dance schools, and other under our company.” It took Lay a while to remember but when he showed his dimples that’s when I knew it was all coming back to him.

“Let’s head to the hotel now. Since we are all Jet lagged, we need to get our back together for tomorrow.” Kris told the taxi driver the address for the hotel as Lay, Chanyeol and I got in the taxi as Kris and kyungsoo took another taxi.


“I hate taxis.” Chanyeol said stretching out his long legs from the car ride. We all stared at the building in front of us. It was so clean and organized I never seen anything so neat before in my life besides our company building. The windows were nicely cleaned; all the papers on the windows were laminated and angled exactly the same but inside were more shocking. The mirrors were so clean, the floor was neatly polished and the front desk was all in the right areas. There was a desk with a laptop and a computer that’s connected to the two speakers on the corner of the room. There was also a big TV hanged up on the wall with a shelf filled with a few work out equipment.

“Hello, you must be the people my father sent.” We all turn to a handsome man. He was just a little shorter than Chanyeol, his shoulders were wide unlike Kyungsoo and his hair was gelled up. “Yes. I’m Kris, we heard a lot about you Mr. Cho.” Kris knowing the best English talked most of the time.

“I’ll get the papers you need to fill out. You guys can look around as much as you like. I’ll be back in a moment.” He disappears in a room and comes back not a minute after.

“I don’t know where all the papers went so I think you guys should come back tomorrow. I’ll be able to find everything by then but for now these are what I have.” He hands Kris a stack of papers. Kyungsoo, Kris and Lay seemed like they got everything so Chanyeol and I went to look at the rooms.

The first room we went to was closet. There were clothes, shoes, hats, and jewelry neatly organized. “Baekhyun look at this! Isn’t this what you wanted?” He takes out a black leather jacket I’ve been wanting for years now. “Oh my gosh it’s so beautiful.” I walk over to him and admire the clothes.

“This is the dancer’s closet.” My eyes snapped to the door were the voice was heard and saw Mr. Cho leaning on the door. “Our dancers perform a lot at many places. I made them a closet to put all there dance outfits in.”

After putting the jacket back in its place, I walk over to the jewelry area that was in the center of the room. I observed all the jewelry and picked up the black bracelet with white studs on them. I admired it for a white before I saw a name on the inside. Kai?

“Shall I show you guys the next room?” Mr. Cho speaks again as I put the bracelet back down and head to the next room. The next room was bigger than the closet. There was a piano, few types of guitars; drum sets, an amplifier, and a microphone set. There was a black board with a whole bunch of music words I don’t understand. “This room is for the dancers if they ever wanted to learn to play instruments. Even though these kids live off of dance, it’s nice to try other things every now and then. Let’s go to the last room.”

The last room was more like a playroom. There was a bookshelf full of comic books and Korean or English books, 2 bean bags, a couch, a desk with headsets, earphones and a whole bunch of cameras spread out but what caught my eyes was the wall of Polaroid pictures. I walked up to the wall. They looked familiar but Kris called our names, “Baekhyun, Chanyeol comes out. We will come back tomorrow we have other places to go.” I took another glance as the wall and for a second I thought I saw Byul.