Job well done

Love Shuffle

|Scene 6|

 

“Aren’t you going to eat that?” Hye Shi asked Jin Ae and stared at her as the younger one sat quietly at lunch. “It’s your favorite,” Hye Shi said and Ricky poked Jin Ae with his chopsticks.

“What?” Jin Ae returned to earth. Hye Shi pointed at her muffin. Jin Ae carefully picked it up and took a bite before giving a small smile. Ricky being the dork just grinned back and continued downing his own food. Hye Shi started to wonder what was wrong, usually Jin Ae would have hit Ricky back if he’d poked her with his chopsticks, but not today.

“Okay, I’m done.” Jin Ae said and wiped to the napkin.

“Hyung~ Why is your hair all curly today?!” Ricky whined at L.Joe, who had curled his hair. “What the heck is that anyways? You look like a frigging poodle.” Hye Shi snickered at L.Joe as he threw a glare at her. “Jin Ae likes it, don’t you?” L.Joe turned to Jin Ae, who had disappeared somewhere. “What the heck? She’s like a ninja!” L.Joe claimed.

“A ninja? Are you high?” Niel asked from L.Joe while CAP raised his eyebrow. “You look like you could be high with that curly hair of yours and fuzzy sentences.” Krystal butted in.

“Enough about my hair! It’s just fine.” L.Joe pouted. Chun Ji threw a napkin at him, “Stop, I’m trying to eat.”

“Yah!” L.Joe yelled and threw his chopsticks at Chun Ji, while the rest chuckled. They finished their lunch just before the bell rang. All of them went to their own classes. Hye Shi left with Ricky, since they had PE class with Jin Ae.

---

Hye Shi came out of the girls’ locker rooms and searched the field for Jin Ae. Hye Shi found her sitting on the grass near the running tracks. She went to her and was just about to say something, but the teacher blew his whistle.

“Okay, 3 laps for warm up, then we will play volley ball!” the teacher announced and blew his whistle. Hye Shi started to jog calmly along with some others. Jin Ae ran with steady steps and her steps looked heavy, like she was trying to ease her stress or nerves.

“Wait up, Hye Shi!” Ricky yelled and ran to Hye Shi. “What?” she sighed.

“Haha, you are tagged!” Ricky slapped Hye Shi’s arm and ran off like bullet. “Yah-!” Hye Shi shouted, but continued at her own pace. Soon, she reached Ricky, who was huffing and puffing for spurting like that.

“That’s what you get.” Hye Shi muttered and slapped Ricky’s head, who pouted.

After all of the students had finished the three laps, the teacher assigned two team leaders who could choose their own team members. Eventually, Hye Shi, Ricky and Jin Ae were in the same team along with some else.

The teacher passed the ball to the other team and sat back relaxed on the benches. The game was kind of free and nobody really counted the points. Everyone served the ball on their turn, some couldn’t get the ball over the net. Hye Shi was just glad that she got the ball over the net and she didn’t have to do much during the game.

Ricky was just shouting the whole time and being as crazy as usually. Jin Ae almost hit his face with the ball when she tried to serve, which failed and it bounced of the net.  

At the end, nobody knew whose turn it was, so the teacher decided to let the students clean themselves and prepare for the next class, which was the last of the day.

Hye Shi linked her arm through Jin Ae’s, who looked up at her. “Let’s go get bubble tea before going to next class.” Hye Shi smiled and Jin Ae gave her a smile back.

After they changed, they went across the street to get their bubble teas. As they got back, they found a empty, quiet place where to sit at.

“So, what’s up?” Hye Shi asked and took a sip from her bubble tea. “Nothing, just.. Never mind.” Jin Ae  said and slurped her bubble tea. “No, really, what’s wrong? You think I haven’t noticed anything. You’ve been quiet and withdrawn the whole day.” Hye Shi gave a look at Jin Ae. Jin Ae looked down and twiddled her fingers together.

“It’s just...I don’t know what to say,” Jin Ae said quietly. Hye Shi looked at the younger girl and placed a hand on her shoulder.  

“Whatever happened, I’ll understand. You know that Na Na,” Hye Shi said while smiling. Jin Ae looked up and let out a breath. She nodded and motioned for Hye Shi to come closer. Hye Shi leaned in and waited.

“Don’t freak out okay?” Hye Shi gave her a straight stare and nodded. Suddenly Jin Ae whispered a couple of things into Hye Shi’s ear and Hye Shi’s eyes widened.

“S-SERIOUSLY?!” Hye Shi squealed and Jin Ae nodded. “When did this happen?” Hye Shi was amused and curious.

“Yesterday under the bridge,” Jin Ae explained.

“I can’t believe it,” Hye Shi murmured out.

“Then you won’t believe this, Lee Byung Hun asked me to prom,” Jin Ae said while smirking.

“What!?” Hye Shi asked while staring at her with wide eyes.

“Told you~ now who are you going with to prom?” Jin Ae shouted while pointing at the older girl.

“Min Woo asked but I decided to go with Chan Hee,” Hye Shi stated while smiling.

“Chan Hee asked?!” Jin Ae squeaked while giggling.

“Yep, in the library,” Hye Shi nodded.

“Well isn’t that sweet,” Jin Ae cooed.

“But you know what? If Byung Hun didn’t ask you, would you have gone with...Pooh?” Hye Shi questioned.

“...Pooh? Is that a code name for him?” Jin Ae raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah just in case,” Hye Shi pointed out. “So, would you have gone with him if he asked you?” Hye Shi asked while raising an eyebrow.

“...I don’t know about that,” Jin Ae said while Hye Shi nodded.

---

Later That Evening...

“Okay, since I finished my homework already, Young Saeng-oppa was kind enough to take Jae Hoon to give him a nap and now all that is left is work,” Hye Shi said while putting on her apron and fixed her hair. She walked out of the locker room and saw Jin Ae helping some customers. Ki Bum and Hyung Joon were greeting and bidding their good byes to the customers.

Hye Shi looked over in the corner of her eye to seeing a group of teenage girls flirting with Jung Min. Jung Min was smiling kindly at them while Hye Shi let out a jealous growl. Kyu Jong and Hyun Joong walked over and stood beside Hye Shi.

“You know it’s pretty amusing, seeing you jealous like this,” Kyu Jong said as Hye Shi let out a huff. Hyun Joong patted the younger girl’s head and chuckled.

“I hate it when teenage girls surround Jung Min-oppa like that. It’s like they’re going to end up eating oppa!” Hye Shi hissed out.

“Calm down, Jung Min will probably ask them to leave if they end up staying there all day,” Hyun Joong pointed out as Hye Shi let out a growl and stomped away back to her station. She poured out a cup of milk and began watching Jung Min chatting with the group of girls.

Jin Ae walked on over to Hye Shi and sat in front of her. “Today’s busy right unnie?” Jin Ae and Hye Shi nodded while sipping down her milk.

“Yeah, no kidding,” Hye Shi muttered out while glaring at the girls. Jung Min laughed and that caused the girls around him to giggle as well. “Stupid older brother, mingling with those ,” Hye Shi commented while twitching.

“Hmm? What’s wrong unnie?” Jin Ae asked while looking over at the older girl. Hye Shi motioned over to Jung Min. Jin Ae looked over to seeing the girls surrounding Jung Min and took in the sight. Now she understood what was wrong, Hye Shi is overly protective of her older brother and will get jealous if any random girl begins to cling themselves onto Jung Min.

“Oh unnie, your sibling jealousy is activated again,” Jin Ae teased while giggling.

“Kyu Jong-oppa and Hyun Joong-oppa wouldn’t let me kick those girls out,” Hye Shi said bitterly. Jin Ae shook her head and patted the other girls hand.

“It’s okay unnie, if they get anywhere closer to kissing Jung Jung-oppa, I’ll beat them up for you,”Jin Ae said while winking. Hye Shi smiled at the younger girl. Jin Ae walked off since Ki Bum was calling for her. She left Hye Shi sitting there with a cookie in .

Suddenly the bells around the door rang and came in another customer. Hye Shi was distracted by her thoughts when suddenly someone broke her cookie in half.

“Yah!” Hye Shi called out and then saw a smiling cheeky Chang Jo in front of her. Hye Shi sat back down in her chair and Chang Jo took a seat in front of her.

“Slacking off at work?” Chang Jo asked while chuckling. He bit into half of the cookie that he stole from Hye Shi. Hye Shi rolled her eyes and laughed a bit.

“I’m not slacking off, I’m just waiting for customers,” Hye Shi retorted with a smirk.

“Well I’m a customer, take my order,” Chang Jo teased while playing around with the straw dispenser.

“What can I get for you?” Hye Shi asked while bowing towards Chang Jo. Chang Jo laughed and shook his head at the girl.

“A glass of milk is fine,” Chang Jo chuckled out. Hye Shi rolled her eyes and grabbed a clean glass and poured out the milk. “Would you like some cookies with that?” Hye Shi asked while handing the glass to him.

“Yes please~” Chang Jo said while grinning. Hye Shi nodded and grabbed a few fresh baked cookies and put them on a plate. She placed it in front of him and sat back down.

“To think I’m a noona to you and somehow I feel like a mother just because of the milk and cookies, tsk,” Hye Shi joked as Chang Jo nodded in agreement.

“You’re growing old, noona,” Hye Shi’s face flared up and she gasped at him.

“Aish, don’t make me slap you boy,” Chang Jo hid his face and laughed.

“I’m sorry, don’t hurt my pretty face, noona,” Chang Jo begged while munching on the cookies. Hye Shi raised her hand for a second and then let it fall back down. She laughed at the sight of Chang Jo’s child-like behavior.

“I don’t know how your girlfriend deals with you,” Hye Shi commented while sipping her milk. Chang Jo tensed up as soon as Hye Shi mentioned Min Ah. Chang Jo bit into his cookie and remained silent. Hye Shi smiled and looked over at the younger boy. She noticed his sudden eerie uncomfortable tension around him.

“Chang Jo?” Hye Shi called out and saw that he was frowning deeply. She thought back to yesterday when she found him and Dong Jun together. She noticed the same depressed aura around him. “Is something wrong?” She tried to crack the boy open.

“Nothing's wrong noona,” Chang Jo answered quietly. “When people say ‘nothing’s wrong’, I always assume something is wrong,” Hye Shi pointed out.

“Seri-” Chang Jo looked up to seeing Hye Shi’s concerned eyes. Hye Shi’s eyes bore into his. He gulped and sighed.

“Okay, I’ll tell you,” Hye Shi clapped her hands and waited for his explanation. “To shorten things up, I broke up with Min Ah yesterday because she was cheating on me with Tae Hun,”

“Tae Hun? Kim Tae Hun?” Chang Jo nodded as soon as Hye Shi placed down her cup. Hye Shi let out a scoff and shook her head. “Why on earth would she cheat on you with him? Is she crazy?” Hye Shi questioned while shaking her head.

“Don’t be angry noona, it’s over after all she did say that I’m too...gullible to not see that she was just using me,” Chang Jo said miserably. Hye Shi leaned in close to Chang Jo and pointed at him.

“You are not gullible okay? She’s just messed up in the head, stupid crazy- girl. Seriously, after knowing this I believe you’re better off without her,” Hye Shi confessed while smiling. After seeing Hye Shi smile sparkle, Chang Jo couldn’t help but blush slightly. He smiled shyly at her and nodded. “Promise me, you won’t let her get to you because she isn’t even worth it anymore,” Hye Shi pointed out. Chang Jo nodded and hooked pinky's with her.

“Yah! Are you crazy Dong Jun?!” Chang Jo and Hye Shi looked over to seeing Dong Jun closing and holding onto the door tightly. Outside was a bunch of Dong Jun raging fangirls. Jin Ae was holding onto the tray and staring at Dong Jun with angered eyes.

“You can’t let me go back out there! I’ll die!” Dong Jun whined out while locking the door and staring at Jin Ae.

“GET OUT OF MY SHOP!” Jin Ae shouted while slamming the empty tray onto Dong Jun’s head. Dong Jun let out a cry and pouted sadly towards Jin Ae.

“You gotta let me stay here or else! Who knows what they will do! They tried to steal my shirt earlier today!” Dong Jun cried out in horror.

“Who cares! Either buy something and get to stay or else get your whiny out of my shop!” Jin Ae demanded while glaring at him. She held onto the tray tightly and glared at him.

“But I have no money! I’m broke!” Dong Jun whined out with a pout. Jin Ae huffed and glared at him even more.

“Hmm...hold on dongsaeng, I have a proposition...” Hyung Joon came out from behind and stared at Dong Jun with a playful smirk on his lips.  “If you want to stay...then why don’t you work here for us?” Hyung Joon continued while grinning deviously.

“Oh I like your thinking hyung, we do need another bus boy to hand out orders,” Ki Bum said while agreeing to the terms. .

“You work here, you get protection from your fan girls, become a member of the family and you’ll be able to hang out here too,” Hyung Joon said while smiling. Dong Jun looked at him and began thinking of the terms.

“No way, I’m not going to agree to this,” Jin Ae disagreed while pouting. “Ah-ah, let’s check with the rest of the family,” Ki Bum saw that Jin Ae was blushing. He chuckled and smirked.

“Dongsaeng, hyungs - how would you feel if Jin Ae’s little fake husband works here with us?” The rest of the friends looked up and glanced at other another.

“I’m okay with it,” Hyun Joong, Kyu Jong, Jung Min and Hye Shi all agreed with a grin.

“We could always use a new bus boy or clean up boy,” Hye Shi said while grinning.

“Okay, you start right now bus boy. Jin Ae will show you the uniform for you to change into,” Hyung Joon said while shooing the two off and getting back to work.

Ki Bum sat back and rang up someone on the phone. “Hello? I have a tiny problem. My cafe is surrounded by a nuisance of girls, please get rid of them. They are ruining my customer’s relaxation,” Ki Bum said while smiling. “Thank you so much Jong Hyun,” Ki Bum placed the phone back and relaxed.

 

---

Double update~

Ah, what do you think? :D