Calm Before the Storm

Vampire Sanctuary: Genesis (SEMI-HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I startled awake one Saturday night in sweat.  The curtains shut out the night sky and the air in the room was still crispy cold.  Pushing the blanket away from my face, I stared at the ceiling.  Tick, tock.  Tick, tock.  Tick, tock.  I could only recall snippets of the fleeting memory. The green grass field that stretched beyond sight, grey sky that barely any birds flew past, and the whiny sound of metals spinning.  A sense of déjà vu made me wonder if I had this dream in the past.  Nevertheless, I shook it off and returned to sleep.  Today was going to be a long day.

+++++

Sehun shifted his vision to distract himself from eavesdropping, but it was almost impossible to tune out their leader's phone conversation.  Moreover, the subject was essential and he knew the caller pushed Junmyeon to a far enough point.  Only a matter of time before Junmyeon compromise to the caller's earnest request.  As soon as he heard the line went dead and the leader's deep exhale, Sehun pressed his lips tightly and cleared his throat, which didn't hide that slip of smirk in the corner of his lips.  Not to be disrespectful toward Junmyeon, he simply found it amusing when the man gave in this easily.  The Kim Junmyeon was one of the many influential figures in their society and honesty, Sehun couldn't wait to taunt the older male at their next meeting.  Putting away his phone, Junmyeon made his way toward Sehun's direction.  

"Wipe that smirk off before I make you go on errands." Sehun bit on his bottom lip playfully and suppressed the growing smile as the older male spoke his warning before he brushed past him.  Sehun followed after him, footsteps lightened and joviality spread in his chest.

"Don't worry hyung, I'm saving it."

+++++

Tak Youngjun intertwined his fingers and studied Junmyeon.  The latter took his time to sit down in the chair placed across from the manager and smiled daintily when they made eye contact.

"I heard from Seunghwan that you requested for five days off due to family emergency. Is everything all right?" asked Tak Youngjun.

"Yes... My father asked me to visit home."

Instantly, Tak Youngjun's brows heightened and leaned forward in his spot, his voice softened, "Is there a particular reason why your father wants your presence? Junmyeon, the concert is just a month more away, and the company wouldn't be fond of one member missing the practice. You as the leader should know especially during this sensitive time period." Junmyeon nodded his head in acknowledgement.  Considering the fact that the company already lost two artists, they would do anything to pull the leash tight on the rest of the group to prevent further damage.  However, he must get the days off approved even if when there were consequences. 

"My grandfather is gravely sick a-and," Junmyeon breathed in deep and lowered his eyes away from Tak Youngjun's concerned ones.  "I'm not sure how long he's going to stay with us. My father is now in an extremely fragile state and it's best for me, as a son and a grandson, to be there." Slowly, tears began to build inside the young man's eyes. "I fully understand as a singer that I shouldn't let personal matters interfere with work, but please, I really need the five days. Just five days and I'll be back. I'll be in contact with the boys for updates wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter