Pilot

Vampire Sanctuary: Genesis (SEMI-HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Edited: 08/27/16] 

The wind was unusually quiet tonight in the deserted part of W Diversey Avenue as Karen walked home.  The lights flickered right outside of GAP outlet and gave out the second she walked past the lamps down toward Kimball Avenue.  The darkness made it even more unsettling for Karen.  A cold shiver ran down her spine before she decided to speed up her pace.  

"When will they get the darn lamps fixed..." she muttered.  She regretted the moment she agreed to join Natalie's study group tonight, because the idea of walking ten isolated blocks home at 10PM was plain dumb.  Goosebumps formed on her skin as she rubbed her arms for warmth, teeth chattered involuntary.  As ridiculous as it sounded, she felt cold, chilled to the bone- in the near end of spring.  Her nervous footsteps disorientated and senses unconsciously high on alert.  She could hear her rapid heartbeat a little too loudly-

THUMP

She froze, unsure of whether she should turn around or just run straight home-

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

 

A bloodcurdling scream broke the silent, windless night.

 

+ + + + +

 

"What do you mean by another one?!" 

A tall young boy stormed right into the room and instantly stood in front of the metal desk to slam his hard palm on the surface.  The sudden outburst surprised the two men that were already inside the room.  One of them had to turn his head around toward the newcomer as he sat on the table with his back facing the door.

"Goddammit, would you quit coming in unannounced?" exclaimed the man with angelic facial features, his brows knitted together as he rubbed his temple in attempt to control his temper.  The young man that intruded earlier raised one of his perfect brows and his eyes squinted in an accusing manner at the man, who sat on the chair behind the desk.

"You heard me outside." His voice turned stern and low.

The former male rested his eyes and added more pressure to his temple.  "Sehun, moving on." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter