You are a really great leader. I'm impressed by you.

Paper Thin Kisses

 

Tired lines were etched across my forehead. My brows were furrowed in mock concentration as I tried to look alert and awake while our manage spoke to me outside the dance studio’s room. I noticed how our Manager’s voice itself sounded drained and weary. When I observed the man’s features I saw that he too had deep creases in his worn skin and dark-purple bags under his eyes. I could hear him talking, but it sounded as if we were in a deep tunnel because his words echoed in my ears. I felt drowsiness nip at my eyes, tempting them to flutter closed. However, I forced them open with what little strength I had. He continued talking, saying something about practice….It didn’t matter much to me. We practiced all day any way, I didn’t need him to remind me of it. So, he stood before him, rocking slightly back and forth because I was just naturally off balance.

“..But you’ll have to take a break..” I heard the phrase hidden in his speech. Once I heard the word break, I let my attention go fully on him, my ears focused on the words coming from his tired mouth.

“What did you say?” I said cautiously, not trying to let myself down if I had heard the wrong things. It was a possibility that my worn out ears were making up the words I wanted to hear.

“Another group will have to use studio today, so you will have to take a break for today. They are a very important Idol group. Their new single is supposed to come out right before or right after your debut, it’s supposed to be a large success for the company.” He said warningly, a silent way of telling me not to say anything about needing the practice space more. I didn’t dare say something that would aggravate our manager; he was too kind to us.

I nodded eagerly, with the small amount of energy I had. But, I felt recharged now, excitement started to course through my veins. The thought of doing something besides practicing, rehearsing, and planning kindled a fire in me, releasing energy into my stomach that bubbled and floated around. I was excited to be able to tell the members that we could do something enjoyable for once. However, even though my mind was set on having freedom, my starch curiosity of this important group overcame me slowly, driving me to ask questions.

“What group is this, Manager hyung?” I said nonchalantly trying not to show too much blatant interest.

“Well, it’s a sub-group right now. Half are here, the other half is debuting in China. The group here is called…I believe they’re called Super Junior-Happy. I’m not sure.” He said with disregard. I nodded softly, the name sounded familiar to me. I suddenly wanted to know more about this group. They had to be pretty important if they were taking practice space from us when we were about to debut.

“I’ll go get Jonghyun and Key from the dance studio, if you’ll get Minho and Taemin, please?” I said nicely. The manager nodded, while shifting his tired weight from side to side. He started walking down the bleak hall with it’s cream coloured walls. When he wasn’t in my view, I began to make my way towards the front of the building, away from the dancing room. I figured if the new group was here, they would be near the front waiting room until we left. I just wanted to see them, maybe even see what makes them so popular.

When I reached the front of the building, I checked around my surroundings. I saw fake plants that needed dusted and off-white walls that matched the cream coloured ones from before. There was a large door that led to the waiting room. The door was wide and tall and near the top, there was a small, dusty window looking out into the other room. I approached the door and stretched my body to try and get my eyes level with the glass. I was a distance of about 4 cm. away from being able to look out. I strained my tight muscles and extended onto my tip toes, forcing myself higher. I could barely look  He letover the ledge, and the window was too streaky to see much of anything. However, I squinted my eyes, trying to force them to focus on the figures in the room. From the little I could see, I could make out that there was five to six of them, all were lounging around the room. They looked impatiently at the clocks hanging on the walls. Some were talking to each other.

Their group was larger than ours, which surprised me because this was just supposed to be a sub-group. That meant there had to be even more people in this group. I looked with wide eyes at them. Their group had to be huge. How can they manage so many members? They had to have a great leader… I thought absent-mindlessly.

I felt my weight being displaced. I tittered back and forth on my tip toes. I felt all the oxygen shoot out of my lungs when my chest hit the ground. My lungs burned from the sudden shock. I coughed lightly, trying to regain the air I lost. I hobbled back onto my knees, trying to get up. I sat on my haunches, letting myself regain composure.

When I began to stand up, then door was opened and hit me, causing me to fall back into a sitting position. I let out a gust of air which took me so long to regain. My forehead had a dull ache to it from where the heavy wooden door hit me. I groaned slightly. I rested my hand on my aching head and looked up at the person that had sent me to the ground.

“I am so sorry!” a boy with brown, medium length hair apologized. His eyes were wide and sparkling. They were filled with apology and guilt. He reached out his hand to me. His milky white skin looked smooth and flawless. I kept staring at his face against my will. He had a sharp nose, it wasn’t like a bird’s, but it still had a strong fluid shape and I liked it. His lips had a soft curve on the bottom, but his cupid’s bow was defined. They looked smooth and moist, but they still held the chapped gruffness that was manly when touched.  I let my wobbly hand take his. He pulled me to my feet with a smile. He had nice teeth too.

I tore my gaze away from his face in embarrassment. I was sure I looked stupid in front of him, sprawled across the floor. I cursed my clumsiness in my mind, damning it.

“Are you okay?” He said with a bit of worry in his voice. I liked the fact that he cared enough to be concerned for me. I nodded nervously. He made me feel like birds were attacking my stomach.

“I’m fine.” I said quietly. He smiled at me again, this time dazzling me a small bit more.

“I’m Park Jung-Su. But my stage name is Leetuek because I am the special leader!” He said with a clarifying nod. His words felt very scripted and rehearsed. I didn’t like how they sounded like they were being read form a book. I gave him a bewildered look and nodded awkwardly.

“I’m Lee Jinki. But, I guess my friends call me Onew.” I said timidly. I felt uncomfortable with his scripted words and endearing looks. I wasn’t like him, but then again, maybe I should be. He was, after all, the leader of an important group. I wanted to be like him.

“Onew? Is that your stage name then?” He asked with a bit of curiosity in his eyes. I opened my mouth to speak, but then closed it not knowing what to say. My words were jumbled in my head. I took a deep breathe and tried again.

“No..it’s just what people call me, I guess.” I said while scratching the back of my head. He seemed confused by my answer, but he nodded as his response.

“Are you a trainee or auditioning? I haven’t seen you in any groups….” He said timidly. I knew he didn’t want to insult me if I was in a group but it wasn’t popular.

“Oh, I’m preparing for my debut actually.” I said with a smile. It was something I was proud of. I had worked for the past years with my other members preparing to debut. Singing wasn’t something that I fell back on. I could have been successful in an office or with a company with my academics, but I wanted to sing. I wanted to perform in front of people that were screaming my name because they actually respected my work.

His smile was gentle and pleased. He seemed to be reminiscing upon his own debut days and I couldn’t help but wonder if he was as tired as I was when he was debuting.

“You must be working hard.” He said with the same sweet smile. It made my knees turn weak and weary. I smiled back at him eagerly. He was kind, even if his words didn’t always sound sincere.

“My entire group is working hard. I’m proud of my members.” I said. They had been working hard from dawn till dusk, their bodies covered in sweat from dancing. I was dancing alongside them, trying my best to give them motivation. Often times, I knew that they wanted to quit just as I did, but I was thankful that they didn’t give up on me.

“Your members? You’re the leader then?” He mused. A small devilish smirk graced his satin like lips. I nodded softly, suddenly nervous by his gaze.

“A new leader, don’t fail your members. Treat them well. They will follow you well.” He said with a nod. I smiled at him widely.

“Do your members follow you well?” I asked him with a small grin. He let out a rueful laugh, his face changing from the cool creature into a playful boy.

“I wish. I do treat them well though!” He said his back leaning into the sand colored wall. I laughed with him, our voices harmonizing. He hit the low notes while I hit the higher ones.

“Leetuek hyung, is it hard being the leader all the time?” I asked. I almost regretted it. It made me seem unprepared and weak.

“Sometimes, It gets hard when you don’t want to try anymore. But, it’s rewarding.” He said reassuringly. The sound of his voice didn’t sound as fake and plastic as it did before. I really believed him.

“I’m glad.” I said absent mindedly.

“If you ever need help, from one leader to another, come find me. I’m always at SM. But, I have to get back to my group..” He said almost regretfully. I smiled slightly. And Waved goodbye to him when he walked away.

I started walking back to my own group. A smile stitched to my face. I was happy to find a new friend, but I also thought I had a new crush.

 

(A/N): Aloha~!

I know this is late. I LIED. I am so sorry....TT^TT I will try even harder now! I promise!♥

I had a busy weekend, but it was fun. Dance has started back up again, so...I don't even know. I guess that might effect my updating? Hopefully not. We don't have another showcase until late december and I think were going to recycle a dance. We were gong to do Juliette by shinee...but...I'm bad with bending my legs to the side because of my ballett...I am a horrible Shawol. TT^TTTT

I hope your weeekend was also enjoyable! Have a super great weeek!

All the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single lovely action.
James Russell Lowell

-Pura Vida! NightOwl♥

Hoot.