Ch: 13

Paper Thin Kisses

-Onew-

I didn't know what to expect when I opened that door, but what I saw shocked me to my core. As soon as I opened the door, everything was silent. I was expecting them to be sitting around, talking, accomplishing nothing. But what greeted my eyes gave me mixed feelings. They were standing together, each with differeing expressions; Minho's face was stern and serious, Taemin's large eyes were filled with worry, Key's eyes were filled with impatience and something along the times of  annoyance lingering in them, and Jonghyun's large puppy eyes were tainted red with tears.

I stood in the door way, holding a bag of treats for them. In the silence, all their eyes landed on me standing like a solitary soldier returning from a long journey. No one was speaking and it was hard for me to keep eye contact with any of them. I cleared my throat softly to break the silence that seemed to suffocate us.

"Hey..." I said awkwardly. I shuffled my feet on the hard wood floors, wishing I could jsut walk back out the door and out of this uncomfortable situation. I just wanted to be back with Leeteuk at the coffee shop talking to him. But now, I was in a room filled with people that I doubted wanted to see me.

"I.. brought food..." I said. I realized my voice sounded so fragile and desperate. I hated looking so week. But, what else could I do? I had nothing else to do but apologize anyway. I had over reacted. Minho was the first to speak to me.

"Thank you, hyung." He said, his face still stern and serious, yet now I could see atleast a light of life behind them. He didn't smile, but I could see the appreciation in his face. I began walking twowards them, but before I could even take two steps, I felt a mass of wet, warmth hit me and nearly knock me off my feet.

Jonghyun shorter, more stocky frame collided with my own and squeezed me. I coughed softly, unable to breathe in his embrace. I could hear the heavy noises of him crying against my shoulder. I lifted my one empty hand and patted his back softly. I could feel warm drops of salt water scatter scross the fabric of my shirt.

Though Jonghyun was defiantly grown and even one of the oldest boys in our group, he was still sensitive. Out of all of us, he was the most tempermental, most easily upset, and he cried a lot more. I patted his back as his whimpers and crying ubsided softly. He was saying incoherent words to me, strings of rambling apologies left his lips and gell upon my deaf ears. I told him soft soothing words of "it's okay" and "I'm sorry" to sooth him. After a few minutes of his tirade, he let me go and swiped at his eyes with his palms.

"I'm really sorry, hyung," He sniffled a few times and I couldn't help but smile at him.

"It's okay."I said. I raised the box of pastries I had bought. They had gotten a bit squished when Jonghyun had tackled me, but they were mostly intact. I pouted a bit when I realized that they were probably crumbly.

"Well... I guess we can still eat these..." I sighed softly.

Everyone came around me, grabbing at the food and laughing. I laughed with them and ate with them. We ended up in a big circle on the floor eating pastries. We were having a good time like we used to have. But, this time was different. In the back of my head, the entire time, all I thought of was Leeteuk. I wondered what he was doing and if he was hungry and where he was. For once, I wasn't thinking about working and debuting.

I was too busy thinking of him

 

-Jonghyun-

I watched Key with hawk eyes. I sat across from him, our legs crossed like how we sat in elementary. He had been relatively silent while Taemin and Onew laughing, Minho throwing in his small side chuckles here and there. My eyes scanned his features. I could tell there was something wrong. There was something different now.

His already high cheek bones were slightly higher. I could tell when he bent his elbows, they were more pointed and visible against his pale skin. He never wore his stylish, tight jeans anymore. His clothes were always baggy and too big for his small frame. He always wore tshirts that covered up his skin and body. The most I had seen of him was His shoulders a few days ago when he was changing. I could still vividly see his shoulder bones protruding out roughly. They jutted out in points. His body was just skin and bones.

He always had bags under his eyes, lack of sleep and weariness visible on his face. he was never interested in anything anymore. I knew our training was taking a toll on everyone. But, Key was showing the most visible signs. I was worried.

But worse, I was scared.

I watched him now, picking at a scone like a bird. He hadn't even taken a full bite yet. I watched him, taking quick glances so I wouldn't be too obvisous. He eventually stood, silent as a ghost, and walked to the bathroom. His scone wrapped in a napkin and placed in his had as he walked to the bathroom. I waited, but he didn't come out for awhile. I had become restless and started talking to everyone else until he came back out.

They hadn't even noticed that he had left until he was sitting down again. I noticed that the scone he had had been thrown away somewher ein the process of him going to the bathroom. I furrowed my brows in confusion. I couldn't remember the last time I had seen him eat anything.

Key had also been more secluded. As before, he was always in the middle of the action, always talking and laughing. But now, he sat off a bit. He was relatively silent except for his few side comment ever twenty minutes or so. He faded slowly to the back ground, remaining mute and reserved. He didn't make much contact with the others or have any skinship.

But, he slowly scooted closer to me. His head rested on my broad shoulder. I could feel hear his breathing. His strands of dark hair brushed against my neck, giving me shivers.I pulled him closer, my arm instinctively wrapping around his frame. I could feel his bones through his sweatshirt that he was wearing. I grimaced slightly, not in disgust but in relizationt that something was really wrong. I bite my lip and chewed on it softly.

"Oh! Guess what you guys!' I heard Onew said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

We all looked his way, except for Key, who kept his head firmly rooted on my shoulder.

"Super Junior sunbaes are going to have a party for us! A welcoming party of sorts." He said, his face bright with giddy joy. I smiled softly at him. Debut was coming soon. Everything would be better then.

Things would change then.

 

(A/N): 

こんにちは,

How are you today? We apologize that updates have not been written recently. Alex has exams and I have not wanted to post something that has not been proof read. However, I decided I could at least update this small things, right?

I hope you will read this and enjoy it! If it is bad... it is because of Alex. Blame everything on her. C;

ANYWAY, have a nice day! Comment, subscribe, and thank you a lot!

I am supposed to put a quote so..

「本当の事を言えば毎日は 君が居ないという事の繰り返しで」

Alex didn't require that it had to be in english. trolololol.

Also~ Please be kind and maybe check out my story that Alex also edits. It is very recently posted, so look at his:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/179546/i-owe-you-one-hyung-2min-jongyu-shinee-

That would be nice. ^^v yeah... shameless advertising.♥

-love from noriboy and Nightowl.♥