The Fear.

Paper Thin Kisses

--Onew--

 

"Jonghyun, what are you doing here?" I said to the shorter boy. I could hear the tang of annoyance in my voice when I saw him walking into the practice room. He was wearing a jacket that had little water spots on them, evidence that he had walked in rain. His hair was a wreck, half was squashed down by his hood, the other half blown around by the wind ourside. His shoes were squeaking from the puddles he had stepped in.

"Oh, I thought you would be at meeting." he said with a carefree laugh. Everyone else was happy to see him. Key and Taemin gravitated towards him with grins on their faces, welcoming him. Minho, of course, lingered back, uninterested in what was going on.

Suddenly, my cheeks were tinged red with anger. I had told him to stay home but of course he wouldn't listen to me. No one ever took what I said seriously.

By now, The three of them were all talking together happily and Jonghyun had taken off his wet jacket and laid it done on the training room floor. I could hear the rain coming down on the windows on the room and I clenched my fists in annoyance.

"We're debuting soon..." I said with a tinge of frustration. They looked over at me, Jonghyun with his head cocked to the side with a confused look on his face. They waited for me to continue, their eyes holding small sparks of curiosity.

"So, why would you walk in the rain here? You're already sick. You need to think of what you are doing, it affects all of us now."  I said, my voice was tired and strained. I was hoping he would just apologize adn we could continue training, However life with Jonghyun couldn't be that easy. Instead, an annoyed look formed on his face. 

"Well, if we are debuting soon, shoudn't I be here, Onew?" He said, not trying to hide his blatant annoyance. I cringed.

Maybe it was the stress, maybe it was not sleeping for days, maybe it was realizing I didn't control what was going on anymore, or that my members didn't even respect me enough to call me hyung, but at that moment I snapped.

"Do you think I tell you things for no reason!? There's no point in me being here if you don't even care about what I say!" I shouted at him. Jonghyun's eyes grew wide and his mouth fell slightly agape. Taemin and Key shrank back while Minho stepped foreward slightly, reaching his hand out in a way to sepereate me from the group.

"Calm down, Onew." He said in his clear voice. But, I wasn't calmed. I my heel and left the room quickly. Everything was traveling a thousand miles a minute. My feet were hitting the tile floor quickly and my mind was racing after me. I could hear everyone's confused voices asking eachother what was wrong with me and if I had lost it or something. But, I didn't care.

I ran down the hall, through the doors, straight through the main waiting room and out the front slinding-glass-doors. And As soon as I turned the corner, my body hit a solid mass. Of course with my clumsiness and the rain, I went flying back with a soft "oof" escaping my lips. I felt my land straight on the cold, wet sidewalk. I groaned at the flat pain and the cold that touched my skin.

Before I could even refocus my eyes, a hand was outstretched before me heping me back up. I grasped it and looked up at it's owner. A strength pulled me up and even though I was upset, I smiled slightly.

"Onew-ah, what are you doing in the rain?" Leeteuk said with a soft smile graving his lips. I swallowed the hard lump in my throat and looked him in his dark brown eyes. I sniffled softly as I started feeling hotter drops of water running down my face.

"I'm quitting, hyung." I said softly. I felt ashamed for admitting it, but that was what I was doing, wasn't it? I was leaving everything I worked for because I wasn't repsected for it. I let my head hang down and sniffled a few more times trying to hold in my tears. However, they ran down my red, puffy cheeks anyway. The salty water mixed with the rain that was also falling down.

Then I felt warmth, the warmth of two arms encircling around me. I relaxed into those arms and cried soflty. I had tried hard for the last few monthes to not cry no matter how much stress managment put on me. I just took long showers and relaxed or worked off all my stress, but that still left the nagging frustation and home-sickness and all the pent up anger I had in me. Now it flowed out easily onto Leeteuks shirt that I was grasping onto mercilessly.

We probably looked strange,  two boys clinging to eachother in the rain while one cried. I still had my sweat pants and old t-shirt and as we pulled away from eachother I suddenly felt embarrassed. I wiped away my left over tears quickly and scratched the back of neck uncomfortably. Leeteuk also looked troubled and deep in thought for a moment. However, he suddenly smiled at me and tugged at my hand. I blushed slightly at the feel of his hand.

"yah, let's get out of the rain." He said with his real, genuine smile, "and you can tell me why you are so upset."

He tugged me down the street until we reached a large coffee house. When we stepped inside with our soaking wet clothes, the scent of warm coffee and pastrys hit us. I breathed in deeply feeling my lungs get warmed already just by the smell. He gave me a pleased look at my reaction to the shop. We sat down at an old wooden table and he ordered us drinks and little cakes. I didn't know much about coffee, so I let him give me whatever he thought was best. As I drank in the warm frothy, liquid, I was pleased at the bitter and sweet flavor that ran over my tongue.

The smell of the shop and the homey feel, it was a lot like Leeteuk in a way. It was sweet and bitter but either way I was drawn to it. He was sweet and kind, but their was always a bitter aftertaste that came with him. The bitter after taste of his facade he put on for the public. But still, I wanted to be near him and like him. I wanted him to like me. But, by the way I was acting like a hysterical idiot I doubted that was going to happen. I sighed softly as he causally sipped his coffee.

"So, tell me why." He said while raising his mug to his lips and taking a long sip.

I cleared my throat softly and shuffled my feet under the table uncomfortably. I really didn't know why. I didn't think what I was doing through completely. I just had ran outside and down the street with no motivation. But, thinking back upon how the members had talked to me, with no respect, I felt a heart wrenching feeling in my chest.

"I'm... dissappointed... not in my members. I suppose in myself..." I said cautiously, trying to find the right words. Leeteuk raised a brow and nodded for me to continue.

"I'm trying as hard as I can. I wake up early, stay up late. I go to meetings and I talk to management. I've done everything, but it's not enough. They don't even respect me. I don't even feel like I am one of them. They don't even care what I say! No matter how hard I try, I'm just not good enough. I'm not a good enough leader." I looked down at the wooden table in grief. Under the wood, I felt Leeteuk's strong hand latch on to my own weak one. He squeezed it reassuringly and I sniffled softly again. Old tears resuraced.

"Onew-ah.. You are already giving it your all, you can't give anymore. Sometimes, they don't need a leader. They need a friend." He said kind;y, his voice like a lucid angels.

I nodded softly, grasping at his words. It was true. I was very intent on being a leader that was.. nosey and demanding. I couldn't even be taking seriously.

"People don't want to tell their boss their problems, they tell their friends. Be their friend and they will come to you." He patted my hand softly and gave me his crooked little genuine smile that I loved. I squeezed his hand back and smiled to myself.

After a few more minutes, we picked up some pastries to take back to everyone back in the training room and we started our trek through the rain. Leeteuk walked me all the way back to the SM building. We walked through the sliding glass doors together and I clutched at my box of pastries. When we arrived at the doors of the training room, I felt nervous and my stomach was flipping around like a fish out of water. I took in a sharp breath and turned towards the boy eside me.

"Hyung, why were you outside before?" I asked in curiosity. I wanted to stall, but asking him a valid question seemed the right way. He smiled at me softly.

"I had business to do here, but when I saw you, I figured it could wait." He said. It was the first time I had seen him blush a little.

"What business was it, if you don't mind me asking?"

"It was supposed to be a meeting with management about our comeback. It can wait, I suppose." He said with a small shrug. I was surprised at his willingless to miss such an important meeting.

Then it was time for us to part and for me to go back inside the training room. Leeteuk and I stood awkwardly and looked at eachother waiting for the other to make their move. He leaned forward to give him a quick bow as I leaned foreward to give him a small, manly hug. We both stopped abruptly, our faces dangerously close. I could feel his breathe brushing against my face. His luscious lips were only sentimeters away from my own. I was tempted to lean foreward and just let our lips colide. But, I wasn't brave enough to do something like that.

"Bye hyung." I said quickly before pulling away from our awkward position. He looked bewildered. His eyes were dazed and he stood up straight from his leaned foreward position.

"Oh, yeah. Bye." He said as he his heel and walked down the hall. I watched him leave for a good while before I turned back to the door of the studio.

I took a deep breath and twisted the knob.

 

(A/N): Ohai~♥

I would like to thank you for reading this here update. It's a bit short and we kind of cut it off quickly, but it would have been a bit too sluggish if it kept going and going and going! So, thank you for reading and for subscribing and commenting and giving us your input!

Tell us what you liked and what you didn't like!

We enjoy feedback!

Thank you to everyone that has subscribed recently, We really appreciate it and it is very kind of you!

We love you, okay?♥

I apoligize for spelling errors and gramatical errors.I'm just honestly to sleepy to check Nori's English and my own spelling at this time. TT^TT

Mianhae~~

Remember to add us a start up a conversation. We do not bite! And Nori is desperate for friends because he is lonely and sad.♥

Big results require big ambitions.
Heraclitus 

-Much Love from Alex and Nori.♥^^v