Ch. 10: I like who you really are.

Paper Thin Kisses

It was really hot in their rehearsal room. It was hot and murky. They could feel the air like blankets laying upon them. It was hard to breathe with such a heavy cloak spread upon them. Their breathes were deep gasps. They tried to get more oxygen then what was in the room. They were tired, they felt that deep tingling you get in your muscles when you just pushed yourself too far. They just remained sprawled across the room, trying to gain breathe.

 

They had ran through the routine countless times. With out Onew there, they didn't ahve anyway to push them to continue, so they all laid about from their exhaustion. Onew had left before them in the morning and he still hadn't come back to the practice room. None of them thought of it much because he was always going back and forth from practices to the management. They didn't mind much, they just figured it was his job. The only person it really bithered was Onew himself. He had always wanted to stay with his group and be constantly supportive, but he was always in and out, there and then gone. He felt as if he wasn't a real member, just a friend that helped once in a while but was absent more often.

 

Onew walked briskily through the halls of the building. Their was a bit of power in his stride. His news is what drove him to rush to the training room so quickly. He didn't hesitate because the news he had to tell the other members was held heavy on his tongue. He had been talking to Manager hyung and the executives for hours, discussing everything. Now it had all been fortold to him, as if the three weird witches had told him infront of their couldren.

 

When he finally reached the door to the room, he burst through it. He landed in a heap upon the floor. But, he wasn't knocked down for long. He bounced up, like he always did. Whenever Onew fell, he always managed to get back up. He looked at s and their faces that had small smiles or smirks on them. They never got concerned when he fell, they were used to it.

 

"The date!" He said with a large grin. He felt like he was up in space, far above the top of the world. The rest of the group looked at him with confused looks. They couldn't understand what he was trying to tell them.

 

"Hyung... what are you talking about?" Key said with an annoyed expression.

 

"I have the date now. Everything is planned out!" Onew said, still dazed with his own happiness. Jonghyun, Taemin, and Key still had bits of confusion lingering in their eyes. Minho, however, felt relazation hit him.

 

"When?" He said, his eyes glistening with triumph, with glory shining on him.

 

"The 25th of May. It's the 25th." Onew said. His face flushed with his happiness. He stomach churned with nervousness and happiness and a million other emotions.

 

"We're debuting on the 25th." Minho turned to Taemin when he said it. His normally serious and stoic features were bright and flushed. He smiled brightly and Taemin. Taemin smiled twice as wide and practically tackled Minho with his hug. Minho didn't mind, he embraced the boy back, their happiness swarming eachother.

 

They had went into a frenzy. Taemin and Minho laughing and smiling and hugging each other out of joy. Onew bouncing off the walls in his happiness that all their work had meant something. Key screaming and running away was loud enough for all of Seoul to hear. Jonghyun was dazed and confused and just watched the choas going on around him. They stayed like that for hours until security came to see what all the noise was about.

 

 

 

 

"Can you believe it, hyung? It's really happening!" Taemin said when they were back in the dorm. Minho nodded, he was equally as surprised, equally as excited and estatic.

 

"na heng bok hae." Minho said simply. Taemin smiled happily and leaned his head on Minho's shoulder. Minho made no move to make the boy move. Even if he didn't want to admit it, he liked the feeling of the younger's light weight on him. He liked having someone dependent on him. He had always liked taking care of other's. Even when he was young, he was estatic to take care of his small cousins and carrying them around. He liked hearing the respectful word "hyung" attached to him name. It made him feel mature and important to an extent. So, when Taemin's soft voice uttered those words, he felt a fluttering in his heart.

 

"I;m happy when you are happy." Taemin said softly under his breathe. His voice was so quiet, it almost sounded like a mere breath. Minho had heard the faint sound of his voice, but left it to his delusional mind and over looked it. Taemin blushed slightly at his so open display of affection and felt uncomfortable that he even thought such a loving thing. He stood abruptly and left for the bathroom.

 

Minho felt a little empty when the smiling Maknae wasn't near him. He frowned to himself but brushed it off. He settled into his bed, ready for sleep to over come him. However, the thought of his stark and dirty dreams surpressed his sleep. He remained awake in his bunk for a while. Soon, Taemin came back into the dark room, ready for sleep. Jonghyun and Key remained in the living room, watching movies and cuddling. They always cuddled together.

 

"Taemin-ah." Minho said softly from his bunk as Taemin was climbing up to the top bunk. The noise surprised him and he startled.

 

"Aigooo, hyung! I thought you were sleeping! What's wrong?" Taemin said, his small laying over his heavy beating heart.

 

"nothing.... I just.... would you want to sleep in my bunk instead?" Minho said, a small blush hitting his cheeks. He knew that for some reason, Taemin's little warm body next to his own seemed to chase his weird dreams away. Taemin's eyes went wide. He never expected his manly hyung to ask something of this nature. He tried to hide his excitment, but it was exposed when he furiously nodded his head in approval. He hoped off the little ladder and into the elder's opened blankets.

 

"I was just cold." Minho said quietly. He was trying to gain some of his manlyhood with a lame excuse. Some of Taemin's happiness drained away with the sour words. But, the giddy joy came back when Minho's warm arm wrapped around his waist. He rested into the warm embrace.

 

He knew by Minho's immense warmth that he lied. He wasn't mad about his white however. He was more curious as to why his hyung would make such excuses. Taemin's mind couldn't wrap around why Minho always avoided his feelings. Even though Minho didn't voice it, never day say out loud what he deeply felt, Taemin knew that his hyung liked him back. He had to atleast like him a little back.

 

Minho never treated the others the way he treated Taemin. He never wanted to cuddle with them. He never saved them banana milk or give them small presents for no reason. Taemin could still remember when Minho bought him a scarf on a cold day to stay warm. Key and jonghyun were jsut as cold, but he din't think of them. He didn't save them a seat at dinner to sit next to him. When they found out about their debut, he didn't hug Key or Jonghyun, he hugged Taemin. Deep down, Taemin knew that Minho liked him too. Even if Minho wouldn't say anything to him about it.

One day Minho would confess, atleast Taemin hoped so.

 

 

"So, then Manager hyung told me that we would be debuting on the 25th of next month after the music video was done being made. I mean, the date is changable, but right now, it seems so promising!" Onew said happily into the phone. He could hear Leetuek's small chuckle through the other line.

 

"I can hear the happiness in your voice. I hope it stays there. You will do well, just keep leading your group the right way, and push them." Leetuek said with his all knowing voice. The older leader sat in his own dorm, s all relaxing and reading away. He was contented. Even though his group was so large, they were all very quiet when they had free time. Being so excited and noisey during shows made them tired when they returned home.

 

"Hyung... you'll be there when we debut right?" Onew asked, a bit of hope in his voice. He wanted his friend to be there, his hyung. He really looked up to the elder and wanted Leeteuk to be proud of him. He liked the idea of the elder sitting in the crowd and cheering for him.

 

Leeteuk tried to think of what to say. He wanted to be there for his younger, but he didn't want to dissappoint him if he couldn't be there. He would have a busy schedule next month with their new music coming out and with them wanting to maintain their fanbase. He chewed on his bottom lip while he thought, a horrible habbit of his.

 

"please....?" Ones said quietly when Leeteuk's pause dragged out. When leeteuk heard the quiet hoping in Onew's delicate voice he couldn't help but make a promise. Just as long as Onew would smile.

 

"Of course... but, we need to celebrate such a great thing!" Leeteuk said with a smiling voice. Onew smiled softly too. He was sitting in the closet, talking lowly. Everyone else in the dorm was in the bedroom and living room. Onew was trying to stay quiet, they had no privacy in such a cramped place. No one really knew that he was becoming so close to Leeteuk, or that hewas starting to actually like Leeteuk. Well, he liked the real leeteuk. He liked the Leeteuk that actually cared and asked him how his day was. There seemed to be another Leeteuk that really cared about his outer image. There was an Leeteuk that enjoyed advancement and looking good for the public.

 

"You and your members should come to our dorms and we should have a small get together! Just to celebrate! It will sound good to management, your group being close to ours! It will make our company sound very close to the public." Leeteuk said with a bit of excitment,

 

"sure..." Onew sighed to himself. He knew that Leeteuk's intentions were good, but he was hoping that he wanted to celebrate because he liked Onew. He was hoping that Leeteuk wanted to celebrate because he was happy and proud of him. Everything was about their advancement. Everything was about the company.

 

"I'll call you tomorrow, onew-ah~~! You need your rest! You will have to work hard tomorrow!" Leeteuk said before the dial tone sounded. Onew sighed agian and got up off the floor on the closet. He wished Leeteuk was always kind to him for him. Not for the public.

 

 

(A/N) Aloha!

Thank you for reading and have a good day! remember to smile! thank you for comments, subscribtions and for even bothering to read this author's note!

Have a good day and be positive!

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
George Eliot

-Pura Vida~~! Nightowl!! Hoot.