Chapter ???

❀ Forbidden Fates - Discontinued

.

Chapter ?? 

She releases his hand lightly, all traces of nervousness sliding away once she meets eyes with his Alpha. His Alpha, his Father, is in wolf form, his snout standing clear above her head even when laying down. 

His father could, he realizes distantly, crush her under one paw if he doesn't approve. 

But she looks so at ease, so calm and practiced, that he can't bring himself to move, to speak, to do anything but to watch her as she stands tall under the scrutiny of his Pack. 

Her steps are measured and features at peace. She pauses, steps away from his Alpha, and softly moves to her knees. And he's breathless as she kneels, brushing her hair back and looking down - signs of submission and offering. 

His father looks up, question in his eyes and he shakes his head; he did not tell her to do that. 

Slowly, his Alpha shfits closer, taking the offered scent. Her knuckles on the ground whiten as a moist snout presses to her neck and he's struck by her nervousness or fear because, he rationalizes carefully, knowing your father-in-law could crush you and having his jaws at your throat can be mentally different. 

Yet though some of his mind is floating, worry stretchng over her and his father's reaction, a majority of his thoughts focus on her. 

His eyes are drawn to her hair, cascading over one shoulder and hanging over the air in enticement. Her neck, pale and exposed, is simultaneously temptation and fear and protectiveness. Her fingers are pale against the dirt and the clothing she's chosen will undoubtedly stain. A golden chain sits around one wrist and he spots a matching pair on her ankle - and when did she get that, had she always had that, since when? - glinting in the sunlight. 

Finally, carefully, his Alpha draws away and she lifts her head slowly, expression at natural ease. 

I am pleased.

The entire Pack roars and she glances to him questioningly but he's not sure if he can verbally answer her, not with his smile threatening to tear his cheeks in two.

Last Touched: 16 October 2016

 

  

QUOTE

-Speaker