Chapter 05

❀ Forbidden Fates - Discontinued

.

Chapter 05

She picked at the seam of her jeans, the coarse material threatening to tear under her incessant attacks. She forced the hand away, clenching it into a shaking fist.

"Someone's nervous," her second-in-command noted, staring at her knowingly. 

"I'm fine," she spat, forcing her hands flat on her thighs. 

"If you say so," her partner stated, not pressing for an answer. That was one of the things she liked about her Beta: she knew when to press for answers and when to not. 

She stood to attention as the smell and sound of the super-Alpha approached. Her Beta was by her side in an instant and they bowed, necks exposed as the super-Alpha drew near. 

"Soojung. Ahri," the ancient wolf greeted. 

"Grandfather," they greeted in return, looking up to meet eyes with him. He was of average height and his silver hair only held remnants of its past black hue but there was confidence in his gait and a grace in his movements. His brown eyes were warm and although he had wrinkles of age, there was a certain steel in his being that shined through in his eyes and unhunched position. There was no doubt that he deserved his title.

"Now no need to be so polite as I've reminded you," the old man teased lightly, unsurprised when they firmly shook their heads. 

"It would be rude Grandfather," Soojung declined firmly. "Rather, thank you for allowing us to accompany you to the meeting."

"It'll be a learning experience at the least," Grandfather explained, giving them a warm smile. "I feared you might find it boring but I'm glad you don't seem to see it so."

"It'd be our honor," Soojung stated, smiling partially at the super-Alpha. 

"Once the Descendants arrive then we shall begin," he informed, eyes looking to the side. "Ah, Feifei. Kyo. Glad you could join us."

"Sorry for our late entrance," Feifei apologized, bowing politely. 

"She had to chase me down to show me where the meeting was taking place," Kyo explained sheepishly. Rather than settling for a simple handshake, she threw her arms eagerly around Grandfather. 

Soojung tensed while Ahri gave a curious look to the werewolf. The other onlookers shot the female looks of either amusement or restrained horror.

Contrary to any expectations, Grandfather chuckled and returned the embrace momentarily before the two separated.

"Now then," Grandfather stated, his eyes locking on an area off to the side. Within seconds, the sounds and smells of approaching vampires assailed their senses. Three females appeared, no worse for wear despite the rough trek through the forest. 

"Minjung," Grandfather greeted, nodding to the female at the very front. The female returned the nod.

"This is Jenny," Minjung introduced, waving to the one on her right. "And this is Dari. She is currently in a long-standing relationship with the other Descendant, Sungbin."

"It is nice to meet you," Grandfather stated cordially. "Once the human representatives arrive, we shall begin."

"I'm here!" a female declared, panting. She leaned her bike on the side of a nearby tree, mud staining its tires and her shoes. "I-" She gulped in air, perspiration on her brow. "-I'm here." 

"Is anyone else coming?" Minjung asked, raising an eyebrow. "Even at the last conference years ago on vampire territory, there were three human representatives."

"I'm the only one within the area who still believes," the newcomer stated shortly, her explanation explaining everything; there were other Descendants in the area but only she still listened to the tales passed down. 

"Thank you for your attendance," Grandfather thanked quickly, saving the atmosphere. He clapped his hands together. "Now then, shall we begin?" 

Two werewolves opened the door to the cabin - an antiqated wooden structure that maintained its practicality yet still was grand with an obvious three floors and detailed columns - and everyone stiffened.

The scent of blood filled the air and the werewolves turned heads towards the vampires immediately, eyes open for signs of lost control but, to their credit, none of the three females lunged for the blood. Instead, two tensed at the unexpected scent and the other - Dari - looked as though all the air had just left her body. 

She moved and before they could stop her, she was inside. The others - the two vampires and the human included - followed, just in time to watch as she fell to her knees and began to wail. Her voice was high and screeching - earth-shattering. 

And they didn't stop her. 

They simply stared with open mouths and wide eyes at the sight that greeted them:

The corpse of Sungbin - the Descendant himself, beaten and bloody - staked to the wall and head gruesomely and crudely separated and placed on the table.

The words The hunt has begun written in blood.

And mocking white roses stained with red, laid below his feet as though in honor.

Last Touched: April 2015

 

  

QUOTE

-Speaker