Daddy’s girl is growing up

Romantic Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daddy’s girl is growing up

“seriously, I can’t believe it!”

“let it go Yoochun.”

“No way Yun. My man-pride’s at stake here.”

“You look more like a girl than a man anyway.”

Yoochun was left sputtering at that comment and the two girls hid their laughter behind their plushies. Yunho didn’t hide his smirk seeing his best friend dumbfounded.

They were in Junsu’s bedroom having just returned from a double date at the amusement park. The boys in archaic display of manliness decided to play a shooting game to get the first prize-a giant tiger- for their girlfriends. It started off as a contest between both guys with Yunho leading 2-all. That was until Jaejoong insisted she wanted the medium-sized elephant. So Yunho forfeited the last win to get his beloved boo the elephant she wanted. Buy Yoochun didn’t win by default. Even though Yunho backed out, he still hadn’t made a single shot (he made a ton of excuse about the wind and poor eyesight). He paid another 5 bucks to try again, this time winning only one out of the three tries. Even if Junsu said that she loved the Finding Nemo keychain ‘because it was from Chunnie’, Yoochun was stilly sulky.

Pushing Yoochun’s emo moment aside, the girls also stepped up to play. Junsu who went first surprised all by effortlessly knocking out all targets and so did Jaejoong. Junsu won the tiger and Jaejoong settled for the next best thing the man could offer and it was a cow, same size as her elephant. Yunho found it weird that the cow and elephant was smaller than the tiger, but oh well the girls like them.

However, since the boys won the toys for the girls, Jaejoong and Junsu only found it fair to present their wins to their boyfriends. Yunho accepted the cow but Yoochun was dramatic all the way.

Even if he says his pride is crushed, he hugs the tiger like he’s the princess from the Arabian nights’ story, all caressing and rubbing his cheek against the tiger’s head.

“how are you girls so good at it anyway?” Yunho asked for even if he was not like Yoochun, he was still amazed and curious at the girls’ proficiency with a gun. Plus he wants to know if he should be careful if Heechul has anything to do with it so he can steer clear of the woman.

“we go to the target range often, around once or twice a month.” Jaejoong answered.

“Family time is at grandpa’s farmhouse.” Junsu said referring to her father’s parents’ home outside the city. The entire family would often visit there and spend the mornings at the target range and horse riding. Afternoons, the entire family ate the feast prepared by the matriarch and evenings were chess between the two young girls and their grandfather while their parents snuggled by the fireplace.

“wow! I’m sure the media would love to see popstar Xiah slaying cardboard ducks.” Yunho commented, “Oh! What about the fans that call you cutie duckbutt?” they laughed at Yunho’s joke till Yoochun got up.

“I’m not satisfied. Tomorrow we go back to the park and this time I’m winning the damn prize.” Yoochun announced.

“I’m busy tomorrow. I have to build a stable for Moomoo here.” Yunho said gesturing to his stuffed cow making Junsu and Jaejoong double over in laughter. Yunho took it ahead by talking to the cow. “we’re going to get you a nice home. Aren’t we Moomoo? Aren’t we? Aren’t we?”

“Come on! I’m not kidding. Let’s go tomorrow.” Yoochun groaned.

“we got class tomorrow you moron! Are you forgetting it’s final year. I’m burned out working for dad and studying as it is. I have no time for you to redeem yourself while shooting cardboard.”  Yoochun was pouting now that he was reminded of it. Not only does he have to complete the mandatory work hours for his business course, he also has taken up a certificate course in science and tech in his final year to be well-versed with the family business.  Still, it was times like these where he could escape the stress by spending timeouts with his friends and girlfriend.

He was broken from his sulk when he felt a hand on his. When he looked up he found it was Jaejoong. “Sorry Chunnie. Yunnie and I have plans tomorrow after his classes. We’ll go next time and I promise to let you win.”

Yoochun felt like an idiot seeing Jaejoong so guilty. He understands so he wanted to make her feel better, “fine, but I don’t need your generosity. I’ll make you Kims my dust.” He joked while standing up. He turned to Yunho, “are you giving me a ride home or do I have to stay over at your house tonight?”

“I’ll drop you. I’ll meet you downstairs.” Yunho said pulling Jaejoong’s hand and left the room. Yoochun would say goodnight to Junsu privately while Yunho would do the same with Jaejoong.

Once they were in Jaejoong’s room, Jaejoong locked the door and Yunho sat on the sofa chair in her room.

“so you're going tomorrow?” he asked.

“I’ve taken an appointment. The home tests gave me varied answers.” Jaejoong answered quietly. Yunho nodded solemnly and called her closer. He made her sit in his lap and brought her head to rest on his chest. Jaejoong clutched on his shirt, small sniffs escaping her lips. “I’m scared Yunnie.”

“it will be alright Jae.” Yunho caressed her hair, “no matter what the results are, I’ll be by your side.”

“Not tomorrow. You have to be in class.”

“we’ll go after my class.”

“no. I have to go when everyone is out of the house. I can’t risk them suspecting anything before I know myself.”

“fine. But you come straight to the university after you're done okay. I want to tell our parents together if you're really pregnant.” Jaejoong nodded against his shoulder.

When Yunho had gotten busy with his office hours, they saw less of each other. So a month ago, when he got an off from work and studies, he had rushed to be with Jaejoong. They were so immersed in each other after their brief time apart, they skipped on protection. When Jaejoong told Yunho a couple of days ago that she was suspecting she was pregnant, they both were terrified. Not because Yunho didn’t want to be a father or anything, but they both knew their parents wouldn’t be happy. As it is, they’re parents aren’t aware that their children are physically intimate. Yunho and Jaejoong were very good at maintaining a façade of dating-but-innocently.

Yunho knows he will stick by Jaejoong, and Jaejoong too has faith in him. In fact, she is his pillar at this moment. When 3 among the 7 home pregnancy tests showed negative, Yunho urged her to get tested at the hospital. Jaejoong made an appointment with the same hospital that her family has been going to for years. The management there knows better than to leak any information about the Kims to the media. This is an advantage for Jaejoong in the sense that her parents won’t know she took a pregnancy test from the media before she can tell them herself.

“it’ll be fine boo. If we’re going to be parents then we’ll raise our baby well.”

“Yunnie, do you want to be a father right now?”

“honestly, I feel it’s a bit early. I’d rather we were married and have a kid a year later. But if we’re going to be parents first then I don’t mind. I’m happy as long as I am with you and we’ll have our own little babyboo.” Yunho nuzzled Jaejoong’s nose with his own making her giggle adorably.

“Yunnie is so romantic!” Jaejoong giggled.

“I know.”

“and sweet.”

“tell me something I don’t know.”

“and cheesy.”

“you like it that way.”

He stood up, still holding her in his arms. “I’ll see you tomorrow, okay.” Jaejoong nodded and they kissed goodnight before Yunho left.

~~~    

“you looked distracted. What’s wrong?” Yunho just shook his head at Ryeowook’s concern. Ryeowook let it go though still not convinced Yunho is alright. They just packed up their stuff and leave the class.

“where are you going right now?” Yunho asked.

“off to work. I’m grateful your dad offered me the internship and all but he’s a real slave-driver.” Ryeowook complained good-naturedly.

“he’s no different with his own son.” Yunho added. He called Ryeowook closer and whispered, “don’t tell anyone but he wants to not only prepare me to take over but he’s preparing you guys to be my team as well.” Yunho shared.

“wow! That’s big. So we have a guaranteed spot with you.”

“don’t slack off just coz you have job security.” Yunho pat his back.

“please! I’m not like Eunhyuk. But you better not be a mean boss.”

“we’ll see.” They joked around a bit and parted ways. Ryeowook went to the parking and Yunho walked towards the main building where he was expecting Jaejoong. The hallways were deserted most of the students having left some time ago while a handful were in the library studying.

Yunho turned at a corner and saw two people at some distance. The man he could make out was Jin Yihan. He had tried to corner Jaejoong many times before but stopped short of anything. Yunho didn’t see him as a real threat therefore owed to the fact that he can never stand hurting Jaejoong. He wasn’t a villain type either so Yunho didn’t have much trouble with him but he was wary though. He tried to see who the other person was, but Yihan’s back blocked her. It was a girl, that’s all he knew.

He walked closer to check and was shocked to see it was none other than Jaejoong. She was a crying mess and Yihan was holding her by her shoulders. Seeing Jaejoong like that made Yunho’s blood boil.

“what the are you doing!” Yunho growled snatching Jaejoong from the man. Jaejoong continued to sob as she hugged Yunho’s waist. Yunho’s one hand held her while the other was on Yihan’s collar.

Yihan yanked Yunho’s hand off him and stood back, matching Yunho’s glare with his own. “I did nothing. I found her like that and unlike you, I can’t stand seeing Jaejoong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter