Sugar-free

Romantic Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong looks up from her sketchbook to look at her two boys near the kitchen. Yunho’s downing the last of his coffee while carrying Changmin. Their son is expected to transfer hands before Yunho leaves for that flight to Madrid, but she’s waiting for Changmin to make that question and she has to jump in before Yunho falls for those cute doe eyes and says yes.

“Dada~” there it comes. Jaejoong puts her book aside with a sigh, preparing to shout her refusal before Yunho says anything, “me cookie?” Jaejoong opened to tell Yunho Changmin can’t have a cookie but Yunho’s next words were unexpected, “yes, you’re a cookie. I could eat you up!” and Yunho made a big show of nibbling Changmin’s cheeks, leaving a little patch of coffee on the chubby baby’s face.

That response had Jaejoong sit back, knowing that Yunho knows better than to give Changmin a cookie before lunch. But Changmin won’t give up. He thinks it’s his superpower to have his way. Probably from having so many people dote over him and give him everything.

Jaejoong watched with interest when Changmin shoved Yunho’s face away, wanting to know what’s going to happen next. “Nah~! Me cookie eat?”

“err…nope!” Yunho pops the ‘p’ and plants a loud smooch on Changmin’s puffy cheeks. That was Jaejoong’s cue and she went over to get Changmin from Yunho. “all yours.” Yunho jokingly pretended he’s passing of a heavy sack of potatoes to Jaejoong and gave his wife a kiss, “love you both. See ya’!” Yunho grabbed his little travel bag and phone and head to the door. Jaejoong opened to say something but Yunho once again beat her to it, “yeah, I’ll call when I reach. Later!” Changmin and Jaejoong waved at Yunho till he was out the door.

There was silence for a couple of seconds and Jaejoong looked at Changmin, about to offer an early lunch but Changmin grabbed her cheeks asking for attention that was already on him. “Mama me cookie yes?”

“You cookie no.”

~~~

Changmin’s hunt for the weakest softy continued that day, even when they met Yoochun and Junsu for lunch. Yoochun was with Changmin at the front of the shop so they could pick something for dessert.

“Ne~ne~!” Changmin tugged on Yoochun’s messy curls while the older male tried not to groan aloud in the café. He couldn’t care though, as he pointed at the display of donuts, specifically the one with sprinkles.

“umm…sorry dude” Yoochun said while massaging his itchy scalp that got pulled, “your mom said no sugar for you.”

And Yoochun pleaded for the lady to hurry up with the mint parfaits before he gives in to those weepy eyes and buys the entire display of donuts.

~~~

Junsu was holding onto Changmin while Yoochun got the car and Jaejoong fetched some tea snacks for Leeteuk. “Nyaa~” Junsu looked down and two pitiful eyes and a stuffed Bambi looking at him like he’s an orphan from a war-ravaged kingdom who has never experienced any joy in his life.

“Y-yeah?” Junsu doesn’t know why she’s stuttering. There’s no reason to. It’s her nephew.

Changmin touched his stomach with Bambi’s snout, “Hungee~!”

Automatically, Junsu’s hand went to her coat pocket that is stocked with a bunch of Hershey’s Kisses and Hugs for when her sugar goes too low during rehearsals. Changmin had already slipped his hand out of Junsu’s hold  to take as many chocolates as he could. Junsu was about to hold out the handful of chocolates for Changmin to take when, “Junsu!” Jaejoong shouted.

“Gyaa~!” a startled Junsu flung the chocolates in the air which landed on the road and that very moment Yoochun pulled over. The chocolates were now under the Lexus, some probably even crushed. Either way, there are no kisses or hugs for Changmin, at least not the chocolate kind. And Changmin expressed his displeasure by flinging his Bambi at the window on Yoochun’s side.

~~~

“Even you were that way you know… always asking for something or the other.” Yoona remarked as she made herself a cup of tea.

“I don’t see why you shouldn’t give him anything… I mean I get not before lunch or dinner, but it’s a good thing he has a good appetite. Even though you and Junsu asked for everything you saw y’all really didn’t eat much.” Heechul says as she took a bite of a macaroon, feeling guilty as her mind played Changmin’s upset face when Jaejoong refused to give him a macaroon.

“Yeah, I know it’s good he has a healthy appetite but he eats way too much. Yunho and I decided that he can eat how much ever he wants but only what he can eat. His dinner and lunch is bigger than any other one year old.” Jaejoong explains

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter