Rivals don't matter

Romantic Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wrote this long ago but only found the time to upload it now -_-

Dont forget to comment and vote ^^

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rivals don’t matter

The figure opened his apartment door and stepped inside his flat. He placed the tabloids he purchased on the coffee table. He brought the scissors and glue and his scrapbook filled with pictures of only one girl from the shelf. But before he would cut out the pictures to add to his scrapbook, he wanted to read why his beloved person was featured in the tabloids.

Renowned Designer Kim Heechul unveils her daughter with their first mother-daughter fashion line.

The man couldn’t hold back his smile, feeling proud of the love of his life.

Kim Jaejoong, who was kept out of the public eye since her mother’s diagnosis has now debuted as a designer alongside her mother and also said that she plans to launch her own label. Her first public appearance comes after her cousin, pop sensation Xiah Junsu debuted as a singer under Tan Media last year. The event was also graced by the Kims’ partners, Jung and Park Families.

There was a picture of Jaejoong and her mother on the runway alongside models wearing their outfits. Another picture next to it showed Jaejoong and Junsu flanked by Yunho and Yoochun and Jaejoong sported the biggest and brightest smile she was capable of.

The person ran a hand on the glossy surface imagining he was caressing Jaejoong’s face. He smiled adoringly and grabbed the scissors to carefully cut out only Jaejoong’s picture out of the group picture.

While he was doing it, he decided to turn on the TV to the entertainment news knowing that they would still be featuring this piece of gossip from yesterday.

“Kim Jaejoong has become a public face since her debut as a designer with the launch of the H&J fashion line. While her Xiah Junsu has been mesmerising the country with her cute and angelic voice, Kim Jaejoong has already gained a fan base due to her sweet personality and gorgeous looks.”

The man gave a scoff at the news, not taking his eyes of the picture he was cutting out.

“But even though many men want the beautiful designer and adorable singer, Kim Jaejoong and Xiah Junsu could very possible be off the market. Although there has been no official announcement, Xiah has often been seen on a night around with the Park Technologies heir, Park Yoochun. He was even seen accompanying her after her latest concert. As for Kim Jaejoong, this may be the first time she was introduced as Kim Heechul’s daughter but she was a photographed face in the past for being seeing with the country’s most eligible bachelor.”

The man’s hands stopped and he finally looked at the TV screen. The show displayed some pictures of Yunho and Jaejoong.

“if our viewers may recall seeing some old pictures of Jung Yunho who always had a different girl at every event, was seen in the company of the same girl for the past 2 years. The then unknown face is none other than Kim Jaejoong herself. So are they in a relationship? Has 1000’s of their fans become heartbroken or have they gained new ‘Yunjae’ fans? Tune in nex-”

The man turned off the TV. His hands clenched on the remote almost cracking the plastic.

“No! it’s impossible! You promised me Jaejoong, you promised to be mine!”

~~~      

“for god sake’s! why my place?” Yunho groaned. He heaved his bag on his shoulder and with the other dragged a somnolent Yoochun out of the class.

“because you’re rich.” Donghae deadpanned.

“is Yoochun alright?” Ryeowook watched the man wobble to a wall and lean on it before soft snores escaped him. Yunho gave him a cursory glance and shrugged off.

“he went to a concert last night. He’s just tired.” Yunho didn’t want to say that he had arrived from Junsu’s concert in Busan at 5 in the morning. They didn’t want to attract much attention to their relationship and Yunho understood. He wanted to keep away unwanted attention towards Jaejoong and his relationship as well. His college mates however are jeopardising his intentions. As much he likes his friends and trusts them not to take advantage of his status, he’s grown rather protective over Jaejoong in the almost 3 years that they’ve dated. 

“hey, guys! Decided where to take the study group already?” A slightly older male asked the group. He shot a curious glare to Yoochun but chose to not think much of it.

“Yihan hyung, it’s Yunho’s turn, but he won’t let us go to his house.” Donghae complained like a little kid.

“I know it’s my turn and I offered the farm house.” Yunho argued.

“but your mansion is big.” Eunhyuk said.

“you guys just want to see my house.” Yunho translated and they nodded.

“come on, we promise not to break anything.” Yihan said.

Yunho hesitated before answering but a ringing in his phone cut him off. He looked at the text message from his mother and felt luck is on his side. His parents had to attend to an emergency in Singapore. So if his parents aren’t home that means Jaejoong wouldn’t be there too. Kim Heechul has a strict rule that Jaejoong couldn’t meet Yunho without the presence of one parent to chaperone. This would be the first time Yunho is grateful for such an overprotective mama bear lioness.

“okay, you guys can come.” Everyone cheered with Yunho’s announcement and Yoochun was woken up with a start.

~~~      

The minute they stepped into the mansion, Yoochun made a beeline for the kitchen. Something about smelling his favourite choco-chip oat cookies. Yunho was curious as to what go into his best friend, so he turned to the others.

“My room’s upstairs. 3rd door on the right. I’ll check on Chun and get some food too.” The others agreed and went up the stairs while Yunho went to the kitchen.

The second he turned the corner to enter the dining area, he was greeted by an armful of kitty Jaejoong.

“Yunnie~! I miss you.” She gave a smacking kiss to Yunho who was chuckling.

“we met yesterday boo!”

“so you don’t miss me?”

“I’d rather spend my energy loving you.” Yunho ignored Yoochun’s fake gagging while eating cookies and nuzzled his girlfriend. He ran his hand on the Hello Kitty ears and bow on Jaejoong’s head. He chanced a once-over of her attire and cooed at the Hello Kitty apron over the Hello Kitty shirt and white skirt. He was sure she came here wearing her Hello Kitty boots. Jaejoong had taken her Hello Kitty craze to another level since the icon of cuteness turned 40. “how are you here boo? Won’t your mama get angry?”

“Omoni said that she and Abeoji are going on a business trip so I volunteered to take care of you and daddy gave me permission.”

“and your  mama?”

“Mama doesn’t know yet. Daddy said he would handle her.”

“yeah, okay! Will you two stop rubbing it in that my girlfriend isn’t here. Your cuteness is suffocating.” Yoochun commented with a pout.

Yunho told Jaejoong that he was just cranky due to lack of sleep but Jaejoong still wanted to punish him so she took away the plate of cookies and Yoochun whined like a 4 year old.

“yah! I’m going to join my study group. You take care of Jaejoong.” Yunho delegated to Yoochun.

“don’t worry. Leave the brownies…err…I mean Jaejoong to me.” Yoochun corrected while munching on the chocolaty goodness. Jaejoong gave a flying kiss from behind the counter and returned to making lunch.

~~~   

Yunho entered his room but halted mid-step when he saw his friends sitting rather ominously. Each had taken a chair and sat cross-legged on them like they were from the mafia. Although, Eunhyuk didn’t look that imposing sitting on the futon stool while the other’s sat on the sofa chairs in his room.

“uuhhhh.......! something the matter guys?” Yunho asked hesitantly.

“why yes…..how could you tell?” Donghae feigned surprise and Yunho gulped.

“I believe we just discovered why you didn’t want us here.” Ryeowook said.

“what are guys talking about?” Yunho asked, kind of worried and kind of irritated.

Yihan passed a photo frame to Donghae while Eunhyuk passed another to Ryeowook. “are you perhaps hiding a girlfriend you don’t want us to meet?” Ryeowook asked.

And Yunho face palmed (mentally). He was stupid to think that his friends wouldn’t know. It was really a bad idea to let them come over. He had forgotten that his room was filled with pictures of him and Jaejoong. The one Donghae was holding was the picture they took in Nice and Ryeowook had the one from Yoochun’s birthday party last year and they’re kissing in the picture. The group picture from Nice was near Yunho’s bed along with some s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter