School

Romantic Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hankyung opened the door to his bedroom carefully. He peeked inside and smiled seeing his two precious people on the bed. He took of his suit jacket and tie and threw on the dresser before walking to the bed. When he lied down on the mattress, Jaejoong turned to him and snuggled into his warm chest. 

“did the both of you go for your check-ups?” he caressed Jaejoong’s hair before Heechul intertwined her hand in her husband’s.

“we did. Clean bill of health.” Heechul said happily and even Jaejoong’s face brightened up earning a peck on the nose from her father.

Father and daughter were thumb-wrestling till Heechul nudged Hankyung. He gave a ‘what?’ look and she pointed at Jaejoong with her eyes.

“Oh? Oh yeah? Princess, you know your mother and I have been talking.” Jaejoong looked at her parents curiously, “we decided that if your health improves you could go with Junsu to school.”

“I can? Really? With Suie?”

“yes you can baby.” Heechul hugged her daughter, “you’ve done so well and your meds are much lesser than when you started. We think you need to learn how to mingle with people and the school is the best place to start.”

“if I go to school, will I meet Yunnie?”

“you’ve been talking about the Jungs’ son a lot. Did something happen between you two on his birthday?” Jaejoong blushed at her father’s question.

“Yunnie is Joongie’s prince.”

“not sure how your mother feels about that.”

Jaejoong turned around and found her mother’s face dark. With no sense of self-preservation (mind you she knows her mother would not do to her what she does to her enemies) Jaejoong took her mother’s hand in hers and patted it reassuringly, “don’t worry mama. I’m playing hard to get.”

“give that Jung whats-his-face a run for his money!”

Hankyung got the chills seeing his wife’s evil grin.

~~~             

Yunho is heartbroken.

He’s been so since he woke up on his bed the morning after his birthday alone. Alone without his angel by his side.

His parents did tell him that the Kims had to leave because they had urgent work to attend to but Yunho was still depressed. He first thought that maybe he could see her now that his father was doing business with the Kim and Tan companies but to his dismay Lee Seunggi became the only regular face on their side.

So after a ‘Non-Boojae’ month, as Yunho calls it, he has become like a teenage girl who got dumped by the love of her life.

Let’s see how he went down this path in sequence.

First, his ears would perk up and he would look everywhere when the word ‘Kim’ came up. To the point, their maid Kim Heesoo doesn’t appear in front of the young master because it’s a pitiful sight to see his depressed face when he realizes that the one he wants is not there.

Second, Yunho tagged along with his father to work saying “I have to take over so I should learn the ropes from you directly”. He stopped after a 4 days because Lee Seunggi said that Jaejoong doesn’t involve herself in the business and only stays at home cooking and designing in her free time.

Third, Yunho went ‘screw Jaejoong’, briefly. He thought that he should get over her and resume his old lifestyle. He almost asked Tiffany but felt that would be asking for ‘I-knew-you-couldn’t-live-without-me’ trouble. So he asked another girl out, went to her house, was shirtless on her bed but backed out because he felt he was betraying Jaejoong. And it was good that he did because when he left the girl’s bedroom, she found her parents flocking him trying to hook him the rich heir to their daughter. Yunho humiliated them with some choice words on his part and left.

And the final and current state, Yunho was in his bedroom, binging on ice-cream and sweets and singing along to love songs. He grabbed his plate and frowned when he didn’t find the elephant-shaped cookies. Those cookies were his only connection to Jaejoong, a sign that Jaejoong hasn’t forgotten him. Lee Seunggi delivers Jaejoong’s handmade goodies to Yunho every time he meets the Jungs.

“I’ll have to wait till she sends another batch then.” Yunho sniffed and took the abandoned tub of ice cream and binged on it messily leaving milky smears on his face and hair. He heard a knock on the door and it opening.

“hey man!” Yoochun’s head popped in. He took a moment to absorb that that Yunho was really listening to Taylor Swift’s ‘tear drops on my guitar’ and entered the room. “still not over Jaejoong?” he was answered with a blank stare. “this is so unlike you man. What happened to my friend? This is not the Jung Yunho that I know. You need to get back to your usual self. You don’t see me moping when Junsu rejects me, do you?”

Yunho holds out a spoon to him which Yoochun hesitantly accepts. When Yunho held out the ice-cream, he took a spoonful and gulped it down, followed by 3 more spoons. Yoochun felt nice. The ice-cream soothed the wounds of rejection and calmed him. But it was temporary and he needed to take another mouthful of the cold sweetness. Ultimately, Yoochun and Yunho were face-deep in cookie-crumb ice-cream.

“I now get why girls do this after I dump them.” Yoochun the remnants of the melted cream from his fingers.

“girls are genius!” Yunho said opening another tub of ice-cream.

At that moment, the track changed and Pat Benatar’s ‘Love is a Battlefield’ began to play. What started with Yoochun humming and Yunho head-banging to the music suddenly escalated.

“We are young Heartache to heartache we stand No promises, no demands Love is a battlefield.” Yunho jumped on his bed and sang hoarsely owing to the amount of ice-cream that had frozen his vocal cords.
 

Yoochun gave a high pitch ‘woah~!’ and sang the next verse “We are strong, no one can tell us we're wrong Searchin' our hearts for so long Both of us knowing Love is a battlefield” he used a can of deodorant as a mike and sang the last part like an 80s rock star.

This continued for a while till the door opened again.

“are you boys in love?” Leeteuk asked with a bright smile. Oh, she knew the symptoms of lovesickness!

“or are you two retarded?” Kangin earned a smack for ruining the moment.

“love.” The two boys said in unison and Leeteuk squealed.

“well, I know who the girls in question are, so I’ll be going off to make a few calls then. Toodles~!” Leeteuk was already dialling Heechul’s number before she left the room.

Kangin watched his wife leave then turned to messy boys, “clean up. You’ll ruin your chances by being sloppy and a little birdy told me that chance might just come tomorrow.” Kangin left giving a knowing smile leaving the two boys to ponder on his words.

~~~      

“be good okay, and if anything happens call me.” Junsu and Jaejoong nodded while Yoona fussed over their appearances. She would tug at Junsu’s tie then fix Jaejoong’s hairdo and go back to Junsu’s coat. “you have your lunchboxes. I don’t want you eating any junk food.” Jaejoong and Junsu gave her uneasy smiles. That morning they were planning to forget the rabbit food they called lunch on purpose but were caught. Relentless as they are, they thought of dumping their lunch on the school’s pet rabbits and eat some fancy cafeteria food.

With one final kiss to her girls, Yoona let them leave the car before driving off. Jaejoong and Junsu waved at her and entered the school. Jaejoong took a look at the grand building and couldn’t resist the happiness.

“Toho High Finally!”

Jaejoong took a step inside the building and was awed by i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter