Dirty Chai Latte

Coffee Stain.

A normal cafe latte, except that the steamed milk is being flavoured with a spiced tea concentrate instead of espresso. If a shot of espresso is added, then it is called a dirty chai latte. 



Doojoon enters the cafe, already anticipating seeing Hyunseung and tasting the delightful coffee. It was only his second time here, really, and there was only a gap of two days since he had last been here, but Doojoon already missed this place. It was just so warm and peaceful that it was comforting to come here. Hyunseung was an added bonus. Doojoon felt another blush creeping up his face and he recalls the handsome barista that had served him. He only remembers too well the greeting that the other had left him with before disappearing. Doojoon is quick to label his attraction to the other as a basic friendly interest, nothing too serious as he greets the other with a smile on his face. He notes the lack of customers yet again and asks apologetically, "Did I come at a bad time? There really aren't any customers around,"

Hyunseung his head, casting a customary glance around as he replies, "You just have the gift of coming at times where there aren't really a lot of people, that's all. In fact, everyone comes at different timings. You really hardly see more than three or four customers here at once." 

Doojoon notes the way Hyunseung addresses his customers with the tinge of familiarity and care and that surprisingly doesn't sit well with him. He wonders mindlessly if Hyunseung treats everyone the same way, slightly disappointed at the thought of that. 

"So, what would you like?" Hyunseung lifts expectant eyes to meet Doojoon's and Doojoon finds his breath catching at his throat at the sight of the man sending such an endearing gaze towards him. 

"Uh." 

"Another today's special?" Hyunseung sends Doojoon a knowing smile as Doojoon rubs the back of his neck sheepishly. 

"Alright," Doojoon wonders if it's another Black Tie again, not that he would mind it, that is. He still remembers that explosive taste that had robbed him of any words, filling his mind with spice and sweetness, and the bittersweet aftertaste of coffee shots. His question must have shown on his face, for Hyunseung let out a laugh, and replies, gesturing at Doojoon's tie-less state. "Black Tie wouldn't be any fun now, would it?" 

Hyunseung disappears before Doojoon can reply, again. Doojoon coughs in embarrassment as he drums his fingers against the table, waiting expectantly. 

When Hyunseung sets the tall glass in front of Doojoon, Doojoon's surprise was so evident that Hyunseung couldn't help but laugh. He quickly claims the chair opposite to Doojoon, folding his hands to make a rest for his head as he stares at Doojoon. Doojoon ducks his head, too embarrassed to look Hyunseung in the eye. Instead, he makes a murmuring sound of approval at the cup in front of him. 

"Why do I smell tea? Isn't this a latte?"  Doojoon's bafflement was evident even as he takes a photo of the pretty latte art in front of him. "Oh Doojoon." Hyunseung laughs, "Your experience with coffee is severly limited those mainstream coffees and frappes, isn't it?" 

Doojoon only glares at Hyunseung, embarrassed that his friend pinpointed his weakness so accurately. "Well shoot me for the fact that I'm not a barista like you," 

"Tch, testy." Hyunseung fires back as he gestures at the cup invitingly. "Just try it." Doojoon gives Hyunseung a questioning, judging look as he lifts the cup to his lips. "Just so you know, I'm not a big fan of tea," 

"Oh, I know." Hyunseung says and Doojoon almost chokes on his drink at that little innocent smile that Hyunseung directed to him. 

Doojoon swallows and lets the coffee bring him to uncharted areas as he sighs in approval. He could taste the perfectly blended latte, except that this time there was the aftertaste of tea swirled in, surprisingly smooth and delicious, linking all components of the latte together to a gentle cresendo of flavours. Doojoon doesn't normally drink tea, but this round the tea had only become a more delicious component of the coffee he cradled between his hands. 

Hyunseung smiles in approval as Doojoon sips the coffee repeatedly and mentally pats himself on the back for a job well done. Doojoon clicks his fingers at Hyunseung, the flavor of the coffee triggering a name in his memory. "The Chai Latte is delicious." 

Hyunseung raises an eyebrow in surprize. "It's not just chai latte, Doojoon. I thought you weren't a fan of tea." 

"How could you blame me when you were the one that brewed this deliciousness?" Doojoon raises an eyebrow back in reply and Hyunseung swats at him playfully and Doojoon dodges. 

"It's definitely Chai Latte, though, Seung. Don't lie to me." Hyunseung finds himself shivering at both the nickname and that intense stare that Doojoon gave him. He lowers his gaze. 

"Oh, it's not just that." Hyunseung drops his voice to a conspiratory whisper and Doojoon leans in closer to hear him. 

"It's a dirty chai latte, Doojoon." Hyunseung gives Doojoon a little innocent smirk that certainly promised doing something dirty and naughty before pushing his chair back and leaving to tend to another customer that had just entered the shop. 

And Doojoon feels yet another blush creeping all the way up his face, again.