Café Mélange; Vienna Coffee

Coffee Stain.

 Mélange; a black coffee mixed or covered with whipped cream. 

Vienna; two espresso shots in a standard sized coffee cup and then infused with whipped cream until the cup is full. The whipped cream replaces the milk and sugar. 



Doojoon was slightly worried about how Hyunseung would react the next time he goes to the cafe. He contemplates not going at all, throughly worried and ashamed about his outburst, but he couldn't. He misses Hyunseung, and his coffee. It was with a deep and regretful heart when Doojoon stepped into the cafe, playing with his fingers and worrying, worrying and worrying. He doesn't dare to look at Hyunseung at all as he walks to his seat, head lowered. He doesn't even dare to look for Hyunseung to order, but to his surprise, Hyunseung appears first, with two cups of coffee in his hands. 
 
"Since you have been gone for so long," Hyunseung says, his words like a caress in Doojoon's ears, "I got you two Daily Specials." Doojoon looks up in surprise, but Hyunseung had already turned his back on Doojoon. Doojoon's heart refuses to calm, his heart thudding in his chest as he inspects the two cups in front of him. "Hyunseung ah, they looks exactly the same." Doojoon asks, but Hyunseung doesn't reply, only looks over the counter and waits for Doojoon to lift either one of the two cups up to his lips and taste them. 
 
Doojoon could only guess. They smell of the bitter espresso that he had been drinking for a long time, he muses, as he picks the normal coffee cup and takes a sip. It was espresso, indeed, and Doojoon could only sigh, until the sweetness of the whipped cream infuses into the bitter espresso, replacing the milk and sugar needed to sweeten the espresso into what tastes only faintly bitter. Doojoon raises an eyebrown in surprise. The taste is indeed different from the espresso. In fact, it's sweet. Looks can be deceiving, Doojoon decides, staring at the coffee cup with barely disguised wonder. Black coffee can turn sweet. Doojoon feels hope bloom in his heart as he picks up the second cup and smells it, the whipped cream on this cup the same the Vienna Coffee he just drunk. 
 
In fact, this was even sweeter, but still perfect. It erased away the characteristic bitterness of coffee and only leave the sweet aroma of coffee lingering in his nose, the gentle taste of milk coffee in his mouth. The taste was clean and clear, gentle and sorry. Doojoon knows that this is what Hyunseung had wanted to say- the painful taste of sadness mixed with deep apologies and regret. A chance to start over- to continue from where they stopped... Doojoon feels his heart tightening, thudding loudly in his chest as he likens the coffee to how Hyunseung was feeling now, and finally looks over to Hyunseung, offering a quirked eyebrow and a timid smile. 
 
Hyunseung smiles back a wobbly smile with sparkling eyes and Doojoon yells that it is delicious. He savours the sweetness that melts on his tongue and Doojoon smiles. Hyunseung mouths a sorry but Doojoon only stares straight at his lips, moving. He gathers Hyunseung in a tight hug, cradling him like he would never let him go again. 
 
They talk it out later, over a cup of coffee.