Café Miel

Coffee Stain.

A shot of espresso, steamed milk, cinnamon and honey. The name comes from the French word for honey, miel. 



Hyunseung had become accustomed to his conflicting feelings when he met Doojoon. Constantly anticipating for his arrival in his cafe, Hyunseung almost always had this silly, gigantic smile on his face when Doojoon did come. Doojoon always comes at times where there is little to nobody there, and he hadn't missed a single day. Hyunseung suspects that Doojoon had been squeezing out time to visit this cafe, not that Hyunseung actually minded but it would be bad if such an arrangement would begin to affect Doojoon's life. 

Hyunseung wasn't stupid. He had seen the words and letters on the work that Doojoon always brought over to peruse and he knew that Doojoon wasn't just some basic office work. He had a high profile, and is in charge of brokering many business deals that probably cost millions of dollars. Hyunseung shuddered at that thought. Sure, it was a huge amount of money, but also a huge amount of responsibility and risk. Meeting Doojoon and classifying him as a normal, average civilian had to be one of the biggest ironies ever. As Hyunseung got to know Doojoon, Doojoon had become anything but that. Doojoon was certaintly more than 'just a normal person'. Doojoon had his own particular aroma, and was his own particular brand of coffee. His quick tempers, stubborn prides and humourous nature coupled with his obxiousness laughter, a seemingly childish look, yet so mature all at the same time. Doojoon was a treasure chest, deep and rich with little pockets of treasures. 

Hyunseung finds himself smiling again as he spots Doojoon's familiar figure at the door. The bell chimes and Hyunseung feigns ignorance, looking up and casually meeting Doojoon's eye. Hyunseung was used to his sudden, quick infatuations on people. "What would you like today?" 

"Uh." Doojoon was always the same, never being able to actually voice out or decide what he wanted when it was glaringly obvious that he would take the special he ordered each time he came here. 

"Sure, I'll surprise you yet again, oh great statue in front of my counter, " Hyunseung replies with a playful teasing grin, his sarcasm leading Doojoon to mock frown at Hyunseung. "Oh this kid, trying to be smart with me again, hm. Customer is king, you know." Doojoon tosses back before heading to his favourite spot in the cafe where he had a perfectly good view of Hyunseung working around the machines, moving his body lithely through the many complicated ones lining that cabinet. 

Hyunseung sets the cup in front of Doojoon and as usual slides into the seat opposite him. This had become their daily routine, Hyunseung accompanying the cup of coffee to Doojoon's table where they have a quick chat before another customer grabs Hyunseung's attention. Doojoon had repeatedly suggested to Hyunseung about hiring a part-time, but Hyunseung was adamantly against it, saying it was a waste of money. They got into a big fight and all an now Doojoon simply resigns himself to shaking his head in disapproval as he see Hyunseung playing the role for three- cashier, waiter and barista. 

As usual, their conversation starts from the coffee that was set on the table. 

"Try it, and then tell me," Doojoon says, laughing. Hyunseung wrinkles his brow, "I don't need to try it, when  I already know it."

Doojoon shoots Hyunseung a look as he sips the coffee. Hyunseung likes looking at Doojoon's over the top reactions and he watched as Doojoon broke into a beautiful smile, tasting the cinnamon and honey immediately as he moaned in approval. "God damn you, Seung, how do you even learn to make so many coffees." Hyunseung shrugs and resorts to a partial truth- "Well. You learn some along the way," That, and how Hyunseung pores over coffee recipes and like a million of coffee trial runs every night. Hyunseung thanks the heavens that he wasn't that sensitive to the caffeine and can still sleep. But all was worth it, teasing and looking at Doojoon's face of ecstasy as he enjoys the cup of coffee served. His other customers also often comment on the new variety or improved taste of the rest which can only be achieved by the constant, repeated motions of even further practice on an already perfected recipe. 

"So, what's this cup known as. Geez Seung you feed me so many delicious things, I can't pick any favourites. And this tiramisu is just delicious," Doojoon groans as he forks another piece of cake in his mouth and Hyunseung lets his eyes follow the fork as it entered pink lips and swallowed, the y adam apple bobbing up and down. Really, can you blame Hyunseung for noticing the strong muscles on Doojoon's arms, legs and chest when he wears translucent white dress shirts like that? Hyunseung lets his eyes feast on Doojoon for a moment more before laughing, thanking Doojoon was his too kind compliment.

"But really, a Cafe Miel is pretty unexpected," Doojoon says, and Hyunseung looks up in shock. How did Doojoon know the name of the coffee he was drinking? This was Doojoon he was talking about, one that barely knew any other coffees other than those lattes, cappucinoes and Americanos sitting in instant coffee packets. Doojoon laughs at Hyunseung's surprised face and  nonchalantly replies, "Can't keep letting you do the teasing, can I, honey?" Hyunseung's expression is priceless and Doojoon wouldn't have traded it for anything in the world. All that studying, coffee analysis and chance paid off. Imagine if he had gotten it wrong, Doojoon heaves a sigh of relief, still savoring the sweet taste of victory as Hyunseung stones in embarrassment. 

"Honey." Doojoon couldn't resist but coyly call into Hyunseung's ears and Hyunseung pushes Doojoon away, covering his hot cheeks with his hands.