Café Zorro

Coffee Stain.

Edit: Wanted to revamp, but decided to just release this as it is first before revamping. I think it will be better. So there might probably be a "What if" short story at the end of this part two. Thanks for not leaving this story behind. I wanted to double update, but there's only... two chapters left out of this story and yeah let's do this slowly alright haha. :) 



Zorro: A double espresso added to hot water with a 1:1 ratio.



Doojoon was truly clueless about what he had done wrong that made Hyunseung so mad at him. Seriously, he couldn't remember the last time when he had sat down with Hyunseung and had a nice coffee together. In fact, Doojoon was sure that it was all just Hyunseung's moodiness acting up due to some other problems if not for the fact that all he had received from Hyunseung these days in his Today's Specials were nothing but bitter espresso shots jazzed up in different ways. He had sneaked into the cafe in the evening where it was slightly more crowded and seen Hyunseung being all nice and friendly with his customers just like how Hyunseung had once treated Doojoon. Doojoon had left the cafe with an even more bitter heart. He was tired and bitter about Hyunseung acting like this. Just what was bothering him?

Doojoon strides into the cafe and as usual, Hyunseung ignores him. Doojoon sighs and takes his usual seat, staring at Hyunseung until Hyunseung becomes uncomfortable. "What would you like, Doojoon?" Hyunseung made an effort not to look Doojoon in the eye, and Doojoon was pissed. "The usual." His words were cold and clipped. He had had enough, man. Doojoon was certain that he had done nothing wrong, and that was the very problem in Hyunseung's heart. It was because Doojoon had done nothing wrong, bringing a lady friend with him that it had made him bitter inside, for he could do nothing about it. Hyunseung could only store the sweeter memories in his heart and work to distance himself away from Doojoon. 

Hyunseung brings Doojoon his Daily Special and leaves. Hyunseung had to be more creative from now on, he was running out of ways of presenting the bitter espresso shots. Unless he repeats himself, gets Doojoon to stop ordering the Daily Specials or starts making sweet coffees for Doojoon, he was in deep trouble. Doojoon raises an eyebrow at Hyunseung, staring at yet another black concoction. "You haven't passed the black coffee phase for me yet? Everyone else is getting sweet coffee," Doojoon asks, still slightly pissed. 

"...No. Anyway, black coffee is nice. It's the most fundemental of coffee, at its purest without any milk or sugar or sweeteners. It's deliciousness lies in it simplicity." Hyunseung fibs about his reason of giving Doojoon black coffee and Doojoon gives Hyunseung a vague nod as he smells the coffee this round. He missed Hyunseung's sweet coffee surprises so much, but Hyunseung's black coffees' were delicious as well. Somehow, they always made him feel strong, and although seemed cold, was infused emotions that Doojoon could not place. He was still certain that Seung was hiding something from him, though. 

He takes a sip of the coffee and identifies the espresso, taste unhidden by other sweeteners, just like how Hyunseung had said. It was merely espresso mixed with water, yet there was deliciousness hidden in the bare bones of the drink. He could see the allure of drinking this, but this was not his style. He wanted Hyunseung, with his sweet coffee back. 

Doojoon sighed and beckoned to Hyunseung. Hyunseung shuffled out of the counter and out of force of habit, sat down opposite Doojoon. This was the first time Hyunseung sat here since the lady had, and he felt so out of place and bitter. 

"Hyunseung, how are you?" Doojoon sighs and tries to start a short conversation. "Fine, how about you?"  Hyunseung shoots back and Doojoon could have hit himself. What is with that useless conversation starter. So lame. 

"Not so good." Doojoon looks Hyunseung in the air and Hyunseung squirms in discomfort. "Is it... Is it because of the lady? Did you guys break up?" Hyunseung plucks up his courage to ask and Doojoon's mouth drops in disbelief. He thought Hyunseung might ask if it was because of him, and that would have been so much easier but he didn't. "What lady. Oh, that lady who came with me that time? What do you mean break up, she's my sister and living perfectly fine with her husband and my nephew and my niece." Hyunseung could hardly believe his ears. 

"What?"Doojoon could take it no more and snapped. 

"I am miserable cos of you, you dickhead. How can you ignore someone like that and be nice to everyone else? Do you know how it pains me?" With that Doojoon stomps out of the cafe, leaving Hyunseung staring blankly at the coffee cup Doojoon left behind.