1 Black Tie

Coffee Stain.

A traditional Thai Iced Tea, which is a spicy and sweet mixture of chilled black tea, orange blossom water, star anise, crushed tamarind, sugar and condensed milk/cream, with a double shot of espresso. 



Doojoon looks up from his messy presentation notes to the man that had just served him his coffee. Doojoon notes, with a somewhat vague detachment, the cashier's (now turned barista) messy red hair that drew interest immediately to his handsome face, with sharp features and bright doe eyes that had caught Doojoon's interest. He could not remember how he had stumbled upon this cafe, just that he had been so tired of that over-processed instant coffee and the seriously over-priced Starbucks that he had wandered about, only to find this.Doojoon had given the homely, rustic deco a quick once-over before entering the cafe. Anything that offered a brief respite from the hot afternoon sun was gladly welcomed and Doojoon silently appreciated the somewhat nostalgic, magical feel that seemed to emendate from the cafe, luring him in without much resistance. Besides, the cafe was relatively empty and Doojoon was glad for that. He had enough of incessant chatter back at the office. 

"Thank you," Doojoon says as the man sets his cup down in front of him, carefully avoiding the spread out mess on the table. The barista flashes him a quick smile and a nod of acknowledgement before returning to his hideout in front of the counter. Doojoon spared the man one last curious glance before turning his attention to the coffee in front of him. He was curious about the today's special that had just been served up to him. The murky black liquid offers no answers as he stares at it, graciously noting the stick of cinnamon and coffee powder placed on the saucer, serving as attractive decoration. 

"Drinking it would help," Hyunseung calls out, an amused smile tugging on the side of his lips as he observed the customer staring curiously at the cup set in front of him. Doojoon shakes his head, amused at himself as he picks the cup up and brings it to his lips at Hyunseung's suggestion. He quirks an eyebrow in Hyunseung's direction and replies, "Says the man who offers no answers, only a simple Today's Special, eh?" The tired crinkles on his face seems to smooth out slightly as he takes in the gentle aroma of the coffee. 

The taste explodes itself in his mouth and Doojoon sighs in bliss. It was delicious. The seemingly thin looking liquid hid so many different layers of complexity that his taste buds were simply delighted. Besides, he was instantly awakened by the strong bitter taste of espresso. Sugar and spice lingered on his tongue.  This was one hell of a concoction.  Hyunseung smiles at Doojoon's reaction as Doojoon takes another caution sip. "Hey, what's this?" Doojoon offers his cup towards Hyunseung, face showing his contentment and amazement. "It's bloody delicious," Doojoon offers after a third sip. 

Hyunseung merely smiles, "Trade secret. But you won't find it anywhere else," 

"That's not an answer, Mr Barista." A load seems to have been lifted off Doojoon as he jokes with Hyunseung. Hyunseung's smile stretches further as he gestures at the cup, "Well... just in case you decide to cafe-hop into another cafe and I lose another potential customer," 

Doojoon pauses, silently taking in the quiet atmosphere in the cafe. He had never felt so relaxed and at home.

He liked this place. A lot.

"Oh, I don't think you need to worry about that." In spite of the short interaction, Doojoon found himself quite liking to talk to this barista owner, he presumes. He couldn't quite explain it. Perhaps its because he had yet to do anything that causes Doojoon to dislike him. Or perhaps it's because this man had done nothing but make him feel comfortable so far. Either way, he likes it. It was a good feeling.

A brief silence ensues as Doojoon contemplates about the coffee and his sudden liking to this cafe and it's barista. He doesn't really take to people too easily, but Hyunseung made it easy. He just had a gentle, kind aura that enwraps people into his embrace. Doojoon was pretty sure Hyunseung was a man of little words, and is often lost in his own little world, but his aura more than made up for his lack of attentiveness. 

He packs his things up and leaves to deposit his cup in front of the counter. The sudden rattling of cups caught Hyunseung's attention where he had been staring into thin air, silently contemplating about god knows what. Doojoon chuckled. 

"I'm Doojoon,"

"Hyunseung at your service." 

"I enjoyed the coffee," 

"I know." 

Doojoon and Hyunseung laughed. Doojoon felt happier than he had been in weeks, his ends of his mouth refusing to stay downwards as he swings his suitcase from one hand to the other. He lingers at the counter, having to leave for his next appointment, yet not really wanting to leave just like that. 

"You sure you won't tell me the coffee's name? It was really, really delicious." 

"See you again soon," Hyunseung smirks. "There was a reason why it's called Today's Special, you know." 

"Oh, it wasn't because you simply couldn't think of a name? Or perhaps, just wanted to have free rein over what 'Today Special' really meant?" Doojoon asked in mock surprise as Hyunseung furrowed his brow in embarrassment. 

"Did you feed me one of your crazy concoctions that had no name? Is that why?" Doojoon continues to tease Hyunseung, who already had a light blush on his face. Doojoon's mock horror left Hyunseung in giggles, though. 

Hyunseung beckons to Doojoon just as Doojoon was about to take his rather regretful leave. "Hm?" Doojoon asked, a question hanging on his lips when Hyunseung grabbed his tie and pulled Doojoon in, slowly, teasingly. Doojoon found himself slowly getting red and hot under his stuffy collar as he feels Hyunseung's breath on his face. Hyunseung stares at his prize for a moment, before smirking. He levels his mouth to Doojoon's ear, whispering. 

"It's Black Tie, Handsome." 

Doojoon freezes as Hyunseung lets go of his tie and fixes it for him, Hyunseung's fingers ghosting over his adam apple temptingly. Before he could recover, Hyunseung had disappeared into the back room and Doojoon can only hear his furious heartbeat echoing in his ears. 

Oh, Doojoon was definitely coming here again.