Six

The Animal Within

"Minzy it's me," a familiar voice echoed in her mind.

Her vision was blurred as fear began to creep into her mind. Streaks of light zig zagged all around her, one nearly hiting her in the face. Bobbing and weaving, she was finally struck down to the ground. With overwhelming fear she cried out to both her brother and mother for help. She didn't know why she couldn't move, maybe it was the darkness consuming her once again. Tears of surrender left her eyes as she lay helplessly blinded by the lights coming together to block out her vision completely.

"It's okay," another familiar yet warm voice called out to her. Though she was paralyzed by whatever energy that had struck her, she wanted to ask that familiar voice if it was true. Was everything truly okay?

As the light source faded, her blurry vision began to clear up. "Seunghyun," she breathed softly as she was gazing up at him in confusion.

He grinned as he gathered her in his arms and held her close to him, "It's okay Minzy let me take care of you now."

Taking in her surroundings, she didn't know where she was. It was an unfamiliar place, but at the same time her animal instinct in her told her she knew exactly where she was. Hearing coughing and groaning, she glanced over to see none other than Mino lying close to death's reach. He looked like he had been chewed up and spit out for dead by some kind of vicious monster.

"Take her and go my son, this was unavoidable to say the least," the Father of the pack spoke up as if he was referring to Minzy.

His words struck cords of realization as flashes of images came to mind. Guilt quickly over came her as she now understood what had just happened. "," she mumbled as Mino gazed at her in disbelief and sadness.

Seughyun pulled her closer to his body to shield her eyes from staring, "Don't think on it." It was all he whispered before carrying her away and back to the mansion.

 

Minzy lay quietly as she stared at the flames flickering in the fire. It was the only warmth that was felt in the cold and dark cave. It was there she had hid away for the past two weeks to be left alone from the harsh whispers and judging eyes that were given to her by both her pack and Mino's pack. She could handle all of those judgemental whispers any day. It was the thought of possibly facing Mino that truly scared her. Though Seunghyun had told her to not think on it, she couldn't get past it. She had hurt Mino and it was written all over his face. The scarier thought was the fact that she had almost killed him. Something she thought would be impossible being as he was the love of her life.

But she couldn't stay hidden in the cave forever, she had a wedding to take care of after all. Groaning at the thought, she could have sworn that the week long of prepartion for the cermonial wedding was something designed to drag out the torture of being a pure lycan. Oh how her rebellious heart wanted to be free from such . Yet she was surprised by her own self that she was sticking it out. The thoughts of Seunghyun saying they would stick it out together soon flooded her mind, followed by that odd comfort she started feeling as of recently about him.

Closing her eyes as she felt the presence of someone approaching, she hoped that if she could play dead whoever it was would leave her be. "Minzy?" Nope that was not going to happen, as her eyes slowly opened to see Seunghyun inviting himself to take a seat across from her meaning this was going to be a long talk. Inwardly sighing, she wished he'd hurry and say what he needed to so she could go back to doing nothing. "We are to be one in a week..." he paused only to receive silence. "Is there anything I can do to make this any more easier on you?"

Closing her eyes and pressing her lips tightly together, she genuinely thought about what he was asking her. "What happened to me," she croaked as was a bit dry from speaking her first complete sentence in two weeks.

"The lycan blood ran strongly in your veins that night. You let your animal instinct take over your mind and it led you where you vowed to be, right where your brother's killer was. You nearly killed him and no one could stop you from what I heard..."

"From what you heard," she cut in.

He nodded as he continued, "I saw the look in your face go blank as we were talking and in a blink of an eye you were gone. I warned Father and gathered a few from our pack to go and retrieve you. When we raced in I saw my brother trying to fight you off in terror as you were starting to maul him. My real Father had rushed in quickly after and yanked him out of your grasp as I lept for you before you could lunge after Mino again."

"That's everything," she asked amazed at what she was hearing. "How did you pull me out of that trance?"

He shrugged as he shifted, "Not sure."

A hum of understanding escaped her lips, "I'm sorry I ran."

"It's okay, I knew it was going to happen. But I must ask you something what made you change?"

"Change? How?"

"The blood of our fathers run through your veins as if you were an original, but not a decendent."

"I don't understand what you mean," she sat up wondering what he was getting at.

"Not only did you over power my entire pack, you put fear into my Father's eyes. The way you took down the pack was effortless and the gaze you gave my Father made him feel inferior. Then you nearly tore me in half trying to lunge after Mino, but it was as if you knew it was me. You let me be that shield to contain such strength and power as you shifted back into human form. But even in human form I could feel the same amount of power coming out of you. It was as if in either form you could be just as strong."

"I thought you said that was everything," she chuckled.

"Minzy you don't understand, your strength is that of an original lycan," he said in all seriousness. 

"So what if I'm a little stronger than you," she shrugged.

He frowned as he glanced at her, "The original lycan family will be joining the celebration."

"Wait you mean THE original family?! Why," she panicked. "I did nothing wrong!"

The original family was a group that lycans didn't bring up light heartedly. The original family held the pure blood line of the very first lycan created. They were the strongest and wisest, holding order in the lycan society. They made the laws and enforced such laws that all lycans abided by.

"Don't panic, they just need to make sure..."

"Sure of what?! I don't remember what happened! It must've been some kind of extra strength I got out of anger," Minzy tried to make sense of it all. "They can't be here. I can't do it," she began to escalate.

Seunghyun reached out and took her by the shoulders to steady her, "Listen, I will protect you."

She shook her head to disagree, "Seunghyun they'll kill us both! I can't even..."

"Do you trust me," he cut in as he locked his gaze with hers. "Do you trust me?" Gazing deep into his eyes, she couldn't break away. Some type of force held her still as she found herself nodding. "Then I know I can do this, we can do this." Taking her hands in his, he gazed deeper into her eyes, "We got this."

Minzy felt some type of way that she couldn't explain as she felt so sure of his words. The words that followed seem to be a blur as she stayed captivated by his appearance. Her senses of him heightened, she noticed how much he towered over her like a lycan shield of protection, a chisled face with strong definition that demanded your attention, and then his eyes glowed a dark brown with hints of light brown. Those dark chocolate orbs held depth of strength, courage, and compassion but at the same time they had a mystery as if he held answers that she had been unknowingly looking for.

"Minzy did you hear me," Seunghyun asked, pulling her out of her thoughts.

"Uh..."

Suddenly her Father entered as he looked at the pair, "I need to talk to my daughter."

Seunghyun bowed in understanding and gave her a comforting grin, "We got this."

Minzy couldn't help but grin as she watched him leave before looking to her Father and falling to her knees to bow her head, "Father please forgive me. I wasn't thinking."

"Rise my daughter, we have greater worries than that," his voice spoke of urgency.

Quickly getting up to her feet, she looked at her Father curiously, "What is it?"

"I'm guessing that Seunghyun told you that the original family will be attending the wedding?" Minzy nodded for him to continue, "You need to understand that there are serious things at stake for you."

"Such as..."

"Such as your life. You know and understand that the original family is the house of order and balance for lycans. You cause a threat to the order and balance which is why they are coming."

"But I did nothing out of the lycan norm. I tried to avenge my brother's death!"

"Minzy it was how you did it," her Father snapped. "Your strength and speed in human form was of that as a pure breed lycan. Only a member of the original family has that sort of strength and speed or measure up to it."

"What," Minzy began to panic. "I didn't do it on purpose. I'm sorry Father. I'm so so sorry," she began to tear up.

He shook his head and frowned, "There's more Minzy."

"More?"

He nodded, "Yes, they will be here tomorrow. They will be here for the entire week and after the wedding they will call their judement as to how to restore the order and balance for the lycans."

She hugged herself as the tears began to fall, "I should've never come back."

The arms of Father wrappered around her, "My child this is nothing compared to not being near you or hearing from you in such a long time. You being here gives me the strength to get through this. Don't worry my child this will pass."

She cried into her father's chest as she thought of how Seunghyun and him were so sure that they could make it through this week. "Sorry Father," was all she found herself saying in his arms.

 

Minzy stood at her open window and closed her eyes to feel the cool breeze. "Don't run away," a soft whisper echoed as she felt someone reach for her hand, "Promise me you won't run away."

Turning, she opened her eyes to see Seunghyun standing next to her, "I'm not. I just need to take care of something."

"Then let me come with you."

"I need to take care of it myself," she countered.

He squeezed her hand, "Please Minzy, I promise I will follow from a distance then. Just let me come so that I stay sane."

"Okay fine," she chuckled as she dove out of her window and shifted into her lycan form and raced out into the woods.

 

"Minzy what are you doing," Seunghyun said frantically as he moved to stop her.

"Seunghyun I need to do this. You may not agree, but I have to and if you hear things get bad then you can come and get me if that makes your feel better."

"I would just avoid the situation period," he offered.

"Just trust me," she said before she entered.

Minzy quietly crept in and frowned as she stared down at the bandaged up Mino. Staring down at him, she gazed at his various wounds and wanted nothing more than to reach out to him but she couldn't bring herself to do it.

Slowly Mino's eyes began to open and he panicked when he saw her, "What are you doing here?! You...you shouldn't be here!"

"I just want to apologize," she softly said as she walked slowly towards him with her hands up.

"No," he sat up. "Stay where you are! Don't come any closer," he held his hand up in fear.

"Mino why are you acting like this towards me," she pouted somewhat offended. "It's me Minzy. You know the girl you spent four awesome years with."

"You're not the girl I thought you were. So please leave," he started to become frustrated.

"Mino that's a bit harsh. Please try to hear me out!"

"NO! Harsh was when you almost killed! I almost died because of you," he growled darkly at her. She went quiet out of shock. Mino had never treated her like this before and she didn't know how to respond. "Leave Minzy and don't ever come back," he said with such a strong conviction that she found herself turning to leave without another word.

Minzy dodged Seunghyun and shifted into her wolf form and ran as hard as she could.

 

Author's Notes: 

Another daily update for ya'll. We're half way through the struggle haha. Thanks for reading and commenting, much appreciated! Until tomorrow...