Two

The Animal Within

Minzy lay still as she began to come to. She could smell the familiar room that she missed so much that she wanted to cry deep inside. Her soft warm bed never felt so good. Inhaling the scent, it made her feel somewhat uneasy. Someone had been in her room and gone through her things and she figured they had searched it for clues as to where she had disappeared to. But in the mix of it all she was relieved to know her scent still lingered. Taking that into account, she heard quiet chatter from afar. Concentrating on what was being said, she was able to make out the conversation.

"I almost got my head ripped off," Dara hissed in disbelief. "It was as if she was fighting complete strangers."

"Her strength as increased rapidly. It's no wonder Father wanted her back," Taeyang added.

"Even so, we should have let her go. Who cares if she's pure, she disobeyed orders and left the pack. We never turn our back on the family," Bom spoke coldly.

"You of all people should not be talking. If I remember correctly you were part of the reason she left in the first place," Daesung cut her off. "If anyone of us were in her place, I don't know if we would have been brave enough to leave."

"Why do you always have to stick up for her," Bom retorted.

"Like you said, we never turn our back on family," he replied smartly causing a hushed awkwardness to fall amongst the group.

"She's lucky she has her mother's and her brother's strength to combine with her own," Seungri added as if siding with Bom.

"No matter what happened, we must remember our places and to take care of what we say," CL warned.

A few grunted agrees followed with some hopeless sighs, "Your senses have improved immensely that you can even eves drop I see."

Minzy's eyes snapped open, as she was met by Seunghyun towering over her. Shrugging off his compliment, she sat up and sighed, "How long have I been out?"

"Your recovery rate has improved as well, we've only just arrived which is why most of the pack is gathered together. Are you ready to see him?"

She shook her head as she folded her arms over her chest, "No I'm not. I don't even know where to start."

He took a seat next to her and pressed his lips together, "Well...you can start by saying hello?"

Shaking her head, not hearing the answer she wanted to hear, she sat staring at the ground. She tried to think of different approaches to take, but became distracted with flashbacks of the past. Her heart was heavy as she glanced all around her room, watching as vivid memories of her last night played through her mind. She had taken a couple pairs of clothing and swiftly made her way out of her room and outside as the first rays of sunlight began to peek through the clouds. Tears had fallen from her pain filled eyes, as she tried to out run her thoughts and her doubts to turn back.

Minzy was brought back to the present as strong yet gentle arms wrapped around her body. Trembling, she continued to think of her running further and further from what she knew and loved. "You're stronger than you know. You'll know exactly what to say and do," Seunghyun's deep voice cooed as he held her tight.

Closing her eyes, a small hum escaped her lips as she felt so warm and safe. She had not felt that way in so long and wanted to stay there for a bit longer. But wanting such thing was foolish from what she had gone through. Reluctenly she pulled out of his embrace and stood to her feet, "Please take me to him then."

"Uh...of course," he cleared his throat, thrown off by Minzy's sudden cold manners, that was so unlike the girl he knew. "Follow me."

Taking a deep breath, she followed Seunghyun out into the long dark dreary hall. Though she had grown up in this mansion and she knew exactly where to find Father, she couldn't face him alone. Seunghyun was like her body guard, someone who she could count on to be in her corner. He out of everyone was the loyalist of them all. He was also the most understanding of her situation and truly treated her like his little sister. With him by her side, she was able to hold her head high past the mixed glances she received from everyone before coming into the main hall to find Father siting in his glorious throne.

Falling to her knees, she nearly kissed the ground as she kept her head down, "Father to what do I owe you to be summoned by your great servants?"

"Rise my child and come forward. I want to see your face that I have so longed to see," his voice boomed like thunder.

"I'm afraid that I'm not worthy enough to look upon your face," Minzy said as her heart began to pump faster.

"Then for my sake, I ask that you come to me so I may look upon the face that is indebted to me," he answered.

Minzy bit her lower lip as she slowly stood to her feet, keeping her head bowed to the ground. Then as she came to the foot of the throne, she slowly rose her head to see his face. "Father," she breathed as she fell to her knees.

"My brave baby girl, oh how I've missed you," his eyes were filled with nothing but love and compassion.

"How can you miss a disobedient child like me," her eyes began to tear up at the familiar gaze. 

"My little girl is no longer little, but a young woman who understands more than most that are around your age."

"I'm sorry I'm not like Teddy. He's so..."

"Hot headed and defiant like yourself? Yes he was," Father answered in a distant tone as he grinned sadly.

The way he spoke past tense of her brother made her panic as she stood to her feet, "Where is he? Where is my brother? Why do you speak of him in past tense?"

"My child your brother is no longer with us. He was killed by an inferior pack defending our territory," he spoke bluntly. "It is why I had summoned..."

She collapsed onto the ground as everything began to fade around her. It was as if she was told that the world had ended. How could this be possible? It was as if she was living a nightmare as her father's words became a distant echo and then she felt something hit her in the chest. Thoughts traced back to weeks ago, to one of her nature night runs. The night in itself was dark and gloomy, yet she fought the thoughts of staying in and decided to be out. Soon dark and gloomy became part of her run. Something was wrong, she trembled as the feelings overwhelmed her. She couldn't focus or make sense of where she was at, she couldn't really understand what was going on. All she knew was that she had to be somewhere, she just didn't know where. Letting her animal instinct take over, it carried her quickly through the forest. Anxious with every step she took, she picked up speed and felt herself running in a dead sprint as if her life depended on it. But a huge force had other plans in mind as it hit her straight through the chest and sent her flying back into a tree. Crashing with the tree to the cold dirt she screamed out as she felt immence pain spread from her chest all throughtout her body. Howling at the invisible impact, she could only tremble and endure the terrible pain as tears spilled out of her eyes. Though that pain had turned into some source of energy burning through her veins, she felt as if a peice of her soul left her.

In the midst of remembering that night, Minzy didn't realize that she had shape shifted as she went bolting down the hall.

"Don't let her escape," her father's voice shouted, bringing her back to the present. 

Pain and anger raged through her as she fought off the various lycans. But she knew better, there were too many. Retreating back, she booked it to the main hall again. Her only chance out was past Father and Seunghyun. There was no other way as she saw that both were in their lycan form. "Minzy listen to me, calm down. Do you hear me?! Calm down," Seunghyun growled.

"How could you let my brother die," Minzy growled right back. It had been a long time since she had sensed her pack that she had to push back the various overwhelming emotions that were being shot her way through her mind. 

"Minzy that is not fair..." Seunghyun's voice hissed in her mind. "You're right! I couldn't protect your brother, but you have no right to judge me! At least I was there for him. Where were you?! Huh, Minzy! Where were you," Seunghyun snapped .

Minzy bowed her head as his words rang true in her ears. She walked into those accusations and was left speechless. "Wha...what do you want from me then? Why have you brought me back when I have brought nothing but pain and heartache to this pack?"

"We need you..." her father's voice finally speaking up. 

"Okay what is it that you need from me? I will seek revenge for my brother of course..."

"Fulfill your role as future queen."

"WHAT," she shrieked. "I do not understand what you are asking of me."

"You know exactly what I'm asking of you. To sacrifice your life for all lycans, especially your pack."

"I don't see why it's necessary when you're still alive..."

"I don't have as much time as you think..."

She coughed a laugh not believeing what she was hearing, "You've got to be kidding me?! Father there is no way..."

"Listen to me daughter, I've tried my best to let you live your life as best as I could. But you need to understand the responsilbity runs through your veins." her father straightened up in his true form. 

"Then...wha...when...when do I become queen? How am I supposed to rule all alone," she stuttered as she tried to peice everything together as best as she could.

"Minzy let us go discuss this elsewere were there are no prying ears," Father said before dashing out of the main hall.

Nodding in understanding, she followed right behind. Racing out of the mansion and into the vast forest of thick tall trees. She felt so free and happy as Father weaved back and forth with her. "Come on slow poke, you're losing to an old man," he teased.

She smirked as she picked up her pace, "I was going easy, but if you want me to I'll show you how it's really done." Running through the forest as it moved higher up and jumped over the cliff. Diving into the cool body of water, she paddled underneath the waterfall and walked into the hidden cave.

 

Author's Notes:

Thanks for subscribing, upvoting, and most importantly commenting. It's always encouraging to get feedback and even though I don't always comment back, just know I got you and I've read your comments. With that being said, hope you all enjoyed this update. Until tomorrow...DUN DUN DUN!!!