Five

The Animal Within

Minzy felt a bit uneasy walking next to Mino, the last time she had seen him they had shared a couple harsh words with each other. A couple of harsh words that made the walk to the mansion somewhat awkward with his sister walking along side them.

As the group came upon the mansion Hayi stopped them in their tracks, "Alright you two I don't know what happened between you two but I think I can guess you're the girl that changed him. Please talk this out with my dumb brother. You're all he talks about. It's cute but really annoying."

"Shut up Hayi," Mino hissed as he glared at his sister.

"Thank you Hayi, you're right we do need to talk," Minzy chuckled as she gave Hayi a grateful grin before the younger woman left the two alone. 

The silence between the two was thick with hesitation neither one knowing what to say to each other. It had been months since they've last seen each other. 

"I'm sorry," Mino finally cracked. "I never should of been so pushy. I just...I understand now and...and respect you now more than ever for making me wait." Taking her hands in his, he stepped up close to her, "I can't believe I'm saying this but let's get married!"

Minzy wanted nothing more than to jump into his arms and say yes, but her responsibilities held her in place. Closing her eyes the memories of her mother and brother filled her mind. It was then that she realized that she had subconsciously moved away from him. Part of her heart ached as she opened her eyes to see Mino awaiting her answer. "Mino...I'm sorry as well. How we ended things was not ideal and I hope you can see past our last moments we shared together. But...I...cannot accept your offer to get married."

He coughed a laugh of disbelief, "Minzy it's more than just an offer. It's our lives I'm talking about. A long full life together is what I'm asking for."

"I can't give you what you are asking for. Please you need to know that coming home things changed for me. I can't explain what but I can't let my pack down again."

Mino was frustrated as he felt his heart being trampled on, "Minzy a simple no is all I needed."

She frowned as she shook her head, "No because you deserve an explanation and if my situation was different maybe my answer would be different." Minzy went quiet as she could feel her Father summoning her from the mansion. "I must go." 

"Now it's your turn to leave me," he shook his head at the turn of events when he had left her to return home. 

She half heartedly grinned at him, "Our lives are not our own as pure breeds."

"Ain't that the truth," he frowned as he watched Minzy race away. 

 

Minzy did some touch ups before she made her way towards the main hall of the mansion. She held her head high as the thoughts of Mino filled her mind. Deep down she knew she wanted nothing more than to be with him. They had been through so much together for the last few years she spent away from home. But she knew better to let her wants get in the way of her future that was only a couple of steps away. Clearing her mind as she came to the doors leading into the main hall and let the strength of her mother and brother carry her into the main hall to meet her destiny.

As the doors opened she walked in allowing the sea of lycans to bow. Holding her head high she made her way towards the throne where she slightly bowed in front of Father. "Good to see you dear child. I want you to meet your new Father who will take you under his wing and bring peace amongst both of our packs."

Minzy rose her head and nearly gasped as she stared into big black eyes. They were cold and empty, but there was something even worse about him. "You...k...killed my brother," the words fell from her lips before anger and rage set in. "You killed my ing brother," she growled as she started to see the color red. 

"Calm down Minzy. You are the answer to peace amongst our packs," Father warned as he placed a hand on her shoulder to stay her. 

"Father my own flesh in blood is dead because of this...this monster! Revenge is mine." Clenching her fists, she felt another hand press against her other shoulder. It was none other than Seunghyun. Looking down into her eyes he sent her a look of nothing but understanding and compassion.

"Please let Father speak," he softly asked. 

"No Minzy's right. I don't agree to this," Mino stepped forward. "Father I should be the one to follow through with this peace treaty after all I was the one that truthfully killed him."

"You...you killed my brother," Minzy spoke in disbelief. "You were the one..." She thought back to the time she spent with Mino. "How? When..." Looking into Mino's eyes everything flashed into her mind.

Mino and Minzy had become one in the wild. But that didn't stop the sudden disappearance he pulled on her when he up and left out of the blue. With no warning he was gone. Yes they may have argued over something stupid, but that wasn't a big enough reason for him to leave her. At least in her mind as she went about searching for him. It was then that she felt true loneliness in the wild and experienced the hard reality of losing her brother as she now realized was the transference of his lycan powers to her that felt in a way horrifying to experience all alone. 

"Let go of him Minzy," a voice echoed in the back of her mind as she was being called back to the present. "Minzy let him go," a voice cried.

Minzy's eyes snapped open to see that she was towering over Mino with her hands strangling his neck as he lay still. The look in his eyes looked that of sorrow and pain as he was allowing her to beat him. "I didn't know," he breathed softly. "I'm sorry Minzy I didn't know."

She quickly stood on her feet and glanced around feeling as if the room was spinning, "Father I don't understand. How can you let Mino live?! He spilled the blood of my flesh and ing blood!"

"Compose yourself child! I will not let you embarrass me any further. We are uniting our bloodlines tonight and you will not speak ill of your family," Father barked.

"But how can I be apart of a family that is as cold and empty as that one? Especially after someone who I thought I knew, killed my own brother," she breathed in disbelief as she tried to connect the people of her past and present life.

"My child this has been a war that we've faced for far too long. Your brother was a great leader, but he would remind you that peace is the solution. We cannot lose more lives which is why you've been summoned home. You will take the oldest son as your husband and bare a child to signify the unity amongst our packs."

Though Minzy's mind was in a whirl she found herself agreeing, "Though my brother would prefer peace. Mino and I have so much to work through..."

"He is not the oldest child, I am," a voice boomed causing a hush to fall upon the crowd. She knew that voice well as she turned to see Seunghyun standing tall for all to see.

"Seunghyun," Minzy breathed unsure if what she heard was right.

He nodded to confirm her thoughts, "The cold and empty person you speak of is my Father and the young boy who killed your brother is my younger brother. Your brother died to protect me from returning to my home." Looking into Seunghyun's eyes they held glimpses of pain and sorrow that gave her a taste of what he escaped. "I apologize Minzy that it has come to this. But it is only right that you know the entire truth."

"You lied to us," Bom stepped up and hissed.

"Hold your tongue," CL glared at Bom to remind her of her place.

Seunghyun frowned as he continued, "I ran away from my pack at a very young age and found me a new one. I just didn't know that doing so would come at such a great sacrifice. I owe it to your brother and my brother by spirit to take upon myself the obligations that I left long ago."

"I do not see this fair at all Father, when Seunghyun left our pack it was devastating, but I took his place. It is only right that I who had never left be the one to unify our packs," Mino cut in.

"My dear son it is not that I dub you unworthy of such a responsibility, but Seunghyun is still my oldest and as such the pure blood flows best through him," their leader spoke.

"From this day on Seunghyun and Minzy are to be as one. They will carry our future forward in two weeks time," her Father announced.

Minzy was speechless and bewildered at what was happening. Lost and confused, she felt scared until she felt a strong hand take hers. It was then she saw that it was Seunghyun who took her hand in his and raised it in the air for all to see. Looking at the intertwined fingers she felt oddly comforted.

 

"Are you going to run," Seunghyun asked bluntly as they walked quietly into the woods. She didn't dare speak a word, as she tried to wrap her mind around the fact that her life was turned completely upside down in one night. "If you're going to run I need to know now," he asked as he reached out and took her hand to stop her giving her that similarly odd comforting feeling again. "I'll understand if you don't want to do this. Just let me know right now and I will make it work."

Pulling out of his grasp she became upset, "Make it work?! You and I both know what will happen to either of us step out of our unity bond. Both of our packs will never see past the pride of bloodshed."

"Then what are you saying," he asked softly

"I'm saying...don't make me into the bad guy! I can't run away from something as big as this," she sighed as she felt a huge headache coming on.

"So we stick this out together," Seunghyun grinned.

She coughed in disbelief, "Seunghyun how do you stick this out?! Get married and wait until either one of us dies without ever having children?"

"You want children," surprised crossed his face as if he hadn't ever considered the thought. 

"Yes I want children! I want lots of them, it's something Mino and I could never really agree on," she mentally slapped herself in the face and quickly covered as she let run faster than her brain.

"You and Mino were that close?"

Minzy bit her lip and didn't dare to look in his eyes as she nodded. She felt so awkward with the fact that her future husband was brothers with her current lover, but she kept the current to herself. "Yeah, sort of."

"How close," he followed up asking what he needed to know that could break this arrangement.

"Really Seunghyun do you think of me that easy?! He could never commit to being married because he was a pure breeder, but I think it was more so he wasn't ready to settle down just yet."

"But you are pure," he had to clarify what he was aiming at.

Minzy shot him a glance to now slap him mentally across the face. Even if she had been a wild child over the last few years, she knew better than to sleep with anyone. She had been raised by goodly parents after all. Sighing, she turned to walk, "I may have withheld some information about myself when we were together."

"How long were you two together?"

"Technically for about three years and our flirting was on and off for about a year," she grinned at the memories. Minzy paused as she felt a weight on her shoulders. Mino who she had technically been with had killed her brother, her own flesh and blood. How could she be bragging about being with Mino after what she had just heard? On top of that her trusted friend that was like a brother had lied to her all these years.

Before Minzy realized it she was running at the speed of light in her wolf form. She didn't know how she had made it into the woods, but she stopped herself from thinking. Thinking was the last thing she needed to do, it would only slow her down and take her back down a dark road she was trying to turn away from. Pushing the thoughts aside, she let her animal instinct take over and carry her through the night.