One

The Animal Within

She could never deny her night nature runs. With the wind blowing through her freshly dyed dark purple hair, she took a leap across the small creek. Letting her feet touch the ground gracefully, she weaved in and out of the thick forest trees. Higher and higher up the mountain side she ran until she came upon the very top. Coming to a slow walk to the edge, a grin formed at the corner of her full lips as she stared out to nothing but mother nature at it's best. Closing her eyes as the soft moon light wrapped around her body, she inhaled deeply before letting out a victory cry. Nothing like a night nature run to brighten her mood, as she howled out to the full moon above. It was moments like this that she thought of her life being a blessing.

"It's been too long," a familiar chilling voice called out to her.

The moment of positivity literally lasted a moment, as she turned to meet the fierce eyes of CL the tracker, "What do you want?"

"You are being called back home."

"I don't have a home," she spoke through clenched teeth as she tried to keep her cool.

CL sighed as she placed her hands on either sides of her hips, "I know you're still hurt..."

"No!"

"Excuse me," CL coughed a laugh in disbelief.

"I'm not going back!"

"I see you've been away from home for too long that you've forgotten your manners."

"I've not forgotten anything, which is why I can't and won't go back," she hissed.

Running her hand through her bleached blonde hair, she frowned, "Please don't this."

"I need to," she breathed before kicking up dirt into the woman's eyes and making a run for it.

Running faster and harder than before, she booked it off of the mountain side and into the forest. Panic surged through her as she heard multiple footsteps following close behind. She knew this would happen one day, but she didn't expect it to be today. How could they have tracked her? She had spent years perfecting her escape, yet it wasn't enough apparently. It was as though her past had finally caught up to her as she neared the edge of the forest. 

Taking one big lung out of the forest, she rammed right into someone that made her go tumbling onto the ground. A little surprised by the force that sent her falling, she rolled back up onto her feet into a flight stance to realize that she was surrounded. "No," she quietly breathed.

"Minzy you have been summoned by Father," a voice boomed.

That booming voice was so familiar, it had her in a stand still for a split second. Shaking off the trance, she met the owner to the voice. He stood tall and dignified yet she knew better to see past such a disguise. "Seunghyun what is it that Father wants from me?"

"Father would not say, but he needs you."

"Me," Minzy breathed as she pointed to herself in disbelief. "No he does not. You and the rest of your gang can go back. I will not go!"

He chuckled a bit as he shook his head, "He warned us of your unwillingness to follow, which is why there are so many of us."

"Honestly, this big search party is necessary..."

"So then you will come as asked?"

"I never said that," she chuckled. "Please let Father know that I am doing well and there is no need to worry."

"You've been gone for seven years Minzy, how much longer are you going to make us wait?!"

"Wait?! Wait for what?! I see no point in returning..."

"Trust me when I say this, you are needed back home and if forcing you to come back is the only way then so be it," he shrugged.

"So be it indeed," she growled as she bent down on all fours letting her anger rage through her veins like venom. The venom quickly ran through her veins triggering a lethal reaction. Trembling as her bones began to crackle and bend, she growled as her teeth sharpened and her eyes glowed an emerald green into inferred night vision. She could feel all her senses enhance ten times her human strength as her full coat of dark purple fur shimmered in the moon light.  

"Be careful, she is a pure breed," Seunghyun warned. "You can tell with her wild temper and defiance till the end," he teased before he too shape shifted with the rest following suit.

Minzy growled as if taunting the others to charge at her. It was in her lycan form that she showed what she called her true colors. Lycans or commonly known now as werewolves, strength came when they shape shifted into their wolf like form. But in that form it was when their survival instincts kicked in, making them into logical viscious creatures.  

The first brave lycan took it's lung at her, and she easily ducked and kicked it away before ramming herself into the closest lycan to her. One by one they tried to attack her, but were surprised at how strong she was. It was then that they all charged her at once, dog piling before CL stepped up with her gloves on and clutching onto what Minzy assumed to be their ticket out of this fight.

"Wolfbane," Minzy howled as CL held it out to her and causing the rest to cry out and stumble away.

"You chose this route," CL shook her head holding it close to Minzy who in turn still tried to crawl away as her senses weakened. Wolfbane was the remedy to drane a lycan's powers and turn them back into their weakest form as a human.

"I won't go back," she heaved as she began to change back into her human form. "I...can't..." she breathed knowing her tolerance to the wolfbane was coming to its end. Dizzy with no sense of direction, she was able to make out Seunghyun's build through her blurred vision. Hoping to give him a hate filled glare, she collapsed onto the ground as darkness over took her.

 

Author's Notes: 

Before ya'll get crazy on me. I just wanna say I just finished this er before I published it. (I didn't edit it, so don't think I got too crazy now lol) Yeah big shocker for myself, being an impatient person and all. But I had a goal to write this baby out before I posted it and now here you have it. It's only 10 chapters, but I ain't gonna put it all up at once. Don't wanna overwhelm...myself lol. Please don't get techincal with me on the whole how werewolves should be because this is my imagination...*cough, cough wasn't into studying too in depth about the werewolf history, but I did try a little, so I feel like I should get some brownie points haha. I was able to finish this fic out to CL-Revolution.  I just freaking love how she sang that song on stylecon, if I was there I woulda got down seeing as the crowd was so dead (and yeah I know it's a freaking old performance, but I still like it). But that's enough of that, I just think that if I were to make this into a live production. (One day I'll make one of my fics come to life haha) This song would totally be the theme song to it. Anyway enough of my ranting, thanks for reading!!!