Chapter 9

Exchange

 

*Mild language


I peeked from behind the wall. Seul’s slender fingers wrapped around Hanbin’s hands; she pulled herself closer to him. After sighing she weakly said, “I didn’t want to tell you this but…” she lets go of his hands.

                “Tell me what?” he seemed to have taken interest.

                “Are you sure? I think this will hurt you even more.”

                “Tell me.”

                “She,” Seul dragged her foot side to side in front of her, “she texted me last night saying I could have you since all she wanted was Bobby. She made it sound like this whole situation was some kind of trade. Honestly, I think she’s treating you guys like an object.” She paused for some kind of reaction from Hanbin. There was none. “I’m sorry. I know how much you like her—“

                “What are you talking about?” I came out from my hiding place. “Why are you making up this up? Try writing a novel with that mind of yours,” I approached them. Her eyes widened; she took two steps back. “Is that why you avoided me?” I turned my attention to Hanbin. “You believed all of this crap?”

                “I’m really gullible in your mind huh?” his cold tone stabbed my insides. “I don’t want to talk about this right now,” he began to walk towards the exit door.

“I knew it. Why didn’t you tell me you like Hanbin?” I felt my face becoming hot.

“It’s not fair,” she glared at me. “I liked him first. I knew him first! Then you came along with that shy attitude of yours. You fox! So cunning and seductive, you blinded Hanbin.”

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“See? On the outside you look like a really nice girl but you’re really not feminine at all. Does Hanbin know about this side of you? He would be disgusted,” her face contorted in hatred.

“Wow… you’re my first actual friend you know,” there was a pause. “I guess we don’t know each other at all, b-but how could you manipulate my boyfriend like that? Are you that desperate?” I had enough of her and exited the rooftop, looking for Hanbin. Why the hell am I looking for him? He actually believed all of that ? But for some reason my feet won’t stop moving. I finally found him sitting on a bench behind the school. He was still when I sat down next to him. “I’m sorry…I don’t know what I did but I’m sorry.” I finally said.

                “I feel so dumb right now,” he leaned down, resting his elbows on his knees. His hands pulled the back of his head down. “Just before the basketball game, Seul came up to me saying she saw you and Bobby entering some room together. ‘They probably wanted to do something together and forgot about your game’ she said. I was irritated.” He finally lifted his head and looked at me,” you know how I am with my temper.” I held back my urge to hug him and continued to listen. “Then she started to tell me all of these stories about you and Bobby, and what you guys do at your house.”

                “Why didn’t you ask me if those things actually happened?” I said in the gentlest voice, afraid I would make him angry.

                “I couldn’t. My pride said I couldn’t. What if what she said was true; you actually liking Bobby. So if I asked I would be hurt.”

                “So you hurt me instead of yourself.” The tone came out colder than I wanted. He bit the bottom of his lips while staring at me. One of his hand slowly made its way up to his chest, gently patting his heart. “Hey,” I took that hand,” I’m sorry, that sentence was harsh. You’re making me so nervous right now; I naturally put up a cold wall to protect myself.” 

He ruffled his hair with his free hand before he said,” Ahh, stop saying sorry. I should be the one apologizing. I’m so embarrassed right now,” he pulled his hand away from my grip to cover his face.

Silent giggles escaped from my mouth. “Oppa,” I waited for him to look at me, “you’re so cute right now, I just want to hug you,” I joked.

Was it okay to smile at this moment? I didn’t care. I was beaming. His serious face inched closer to mine. Our forehead touched. “Can I take that smile away from you?” he asked.

                “How?” Everything in me began to bounce all over the place.

His gaze captured my full attention. I tried so hard to breathe and calm myself down but just then he pressed his lips against mine. Let’s just say fireworks began to explode in my head. The kiss was deep and intense (not the gross and sloppy kind), I was running out of breath. He finally pulled away, the side of his face pressed against mine as he whispered into my ear, “That’s how.” After that I felt a small nick on my ear. This guy, I swear he knows how to tease me.

“So it seems like you missed me,” I whispered back in the most enticing voice. The corner of my mouth slowly rises.

Two can play that game.


A/N:

Kyaa~ I'm sorry to make you cringe like that >< Well, this is finally done. I don't know if I could finish the extra side story in time, don't get your hopes up. I want to say my last thanks *bows* to those who subscribe, voted, commented, and reading. Thank you thank you so so so so much!

Edit: Instead of an extra, I'll be posting a long oneshot :l http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/880452