Chapter 4

Exchange

                The next night: Bobby adjusted to the environment really fast. He’s also quick at remembering places and directions. “Are you baking a cake?” He entered the kitchen wearing black shorts and a black tank top (he only wears a shirt for my sake; he prefers to be topless).

                “Yup. It’s Hanbin’s birthday tomorrow,” I smiled at the countertop.

                “Really? Let me help you since I have nothing to give him,” he stepped closer to me. I wanted to make it on my own but it was nice of Bobby to want to contribute, so I thought, why not? It was my first time cooking with a guy so part of me was shy. I end up measuring while he cracks, beats, and whisk. “How long is it in here for?” he asked after closing the oven.

                “25 minutes,” I dried my hands after rinsing the dishes. “You have something,” I reached for his hair,” right here.” He took a step closer and lowered his head to make it easier for me. Our eyes met after I picked a clump of flour off his hair. His narrow eyes stared at mine. He smiled awkwardly before backing off. My stomach did summersaults. He was tall; his height shadowed over me. Was it because of his built biceps? Or was it his sharp jawline that made me go crazy in the stomach? I need to stop being so shallow. I took deep breathes before following him to the living room. We sat at the opposite ends on the couch watching commercials. “What are you going to do about your rap?” I tried to kill the awkwardness. Sometimes I felt like I’m the only one feeling awkward. 

                He turned down the volume and said,” Is B.I pretty good?”

                I nodded,” very good.” I loved to brag about Hanbin’s talent.

                “I’m excited!” His cheekbones became more distinct when he smiled. That reminded me of Hanbin’s smile. I had a good feeling about these two.

                BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP, the timer on the oven went off. “Oh my gush! It smells so good!” I skipped to the kitchen.

                “Pfft!” I heard from behind me, “Ahahaha, how are you so different?” Bobby asked.

                “Hm? What do you mean?” I felt a cuter side of me coming out.

                “You’re so quiet and calm at school but you’re actually…lively and cute,”

                “Ha,” I avoided his eyes, “thanks?”

                “Are we putting frosting on it?” he changed the topic.

                “Whipped cream, sliced strawberries and chocolate,” I brought out the ingredients. We finished covering the cake white. “Don’t look,” I suddenly said.

                “Why?”

                “It’s embarrassing,” I whined as I try to push him out of the kitchen. He resisted. His back was sturdy. A flash of excitement electrified throughout my body. “Fine,” I sighed. I picked up the bag of red frosting and inscribed “Love you!” under the “Happy Birthday” onto the cake. Sensing Bobby looking over my shoulders; my face suddenly felt hot.

                “That’s cute,” I saw his eye smile from the corner of my eyes, and then punched him on the shoulder. Although the whole situation was embarrassing, I liked the atmosphere. I no longer felt the need to impress him.

                I woke up early the next morning and tiptoed to Bobby’s room. My eyes adjusted to the darkness as I made my way to where he lied. My hands blindly placed themselves on his shoulder. “Bobby,” I whispered into the darkness. “Bobby I gotta go somewhere. You’re going to school by yourself today,” I lowered myself even more.

He slowly stirred from his original position; “hmm?” a low grumble was heard, “okay,”

I fast walked to Hanbin’s apartment with the cake in one hand and a lunch box in the other. People on the streets waiting for the early bus stared at me weirdly. Luckily I arrived in front of his house right when his mom was about to leave for work. She let me in and left. I hid the cake and lunchbox in a tote bag, covering it with homework and papers. Then I silently walked to his room. I could see the faint blue light from outside through the curtains. He slept with his legs spread out and one arm over his head. A thin blanket covered his body up to his collar bone, revealing his shoulders. The sight was so familiar, it didn’t faze me. I climbed onto an empty side of the bed, lied down and took a short nap. I woke up after sensing some kind of shift on the bed. Hanbin’s arm was on my neck while his face turned away from me. He’s still asleep? I tried to pick up his arm but it would not budge. “Stop, you’re choking me,” I pretended to cry. He immediately lifted his arm and turned to his sides to face me, his right elbow bent and his hand supported his head. “I’m so—,” before he could say anymore I locked arms around his head and embosomed him; a headlock to start his morning, not a bad idea. We played around for a bit before things started to become more intimate. I ended up in his arms and we lied there in silence. His bare chest touched the knitted fabric on my body. This was the closest we’ve ever been for the last seven months. We haven’t kiss but I don’t mind. Just the thought of it made me blush. I pulled myself away and sat up, “Happy birthday,” I beamed a smile at him. He grinned. My heart melted.

                “Where’s my present?” he joked.

                “Oh, you wanted one? Sorry…I didn’t get you anything,” I played along.

He sat up, resting his upper body against the wall. I scooter closer and faced him. I shrugged, “didn’t know what you want,” He extended his right arm, placing his hand on the back of my head. He slowly pulled me in. 


A/N: It's still the 22nd of October where I live so HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KIM HANBIN~

http://blurrysnow.tumblr.com/post/100587387864/wednesday-october-22-2014-at-12-00-a-m

18/19 years old, just eight days older than me!

Thanks to the first two subscribers, I'm excited to see what I can write in the next chapter //^-^//

 just image Bobby calm, sleeping, in your house...not possible? Agreed.

 they also agree >.>

Source: https://www.youtube.com/user/Mnet