Chapter 2

Exchange

                Me: He’s totally your style ;)

                KHB (9:35 p.m.): What is that supposed to mean >.>

                Me: You might fall in love with him right when you see him

                KHB❤ (9:37 p.m.): He’s that attractive...more than me?

I fluttered my feet at the sight of his jealousy.

                       Me: Of course not :D I’ll see you tomorrow, good night <3

                KHB (9:42 p.m.): Good night 

My boyfriend of 7 months name is Kim Hanbin, his friends calls him B.I. The guy is eight days older than me. After being friends since kindergarten, he asked me out on the 7th of April as he walked me to my house.

[Flashback]

                “You guys are leaving already? It’s only 10,” a friend complained.

                “Sorry guys, my parents are strict about me being home on time,” I lied. It was a long day and I wanted to be somewhere more peaceful than a karaoke room. Hanbin stood up and also made an excuse to leave.

                “Have fun guys. Don’t party too hard Jinhwan,” he said before heading out with me. We took the same bus home.

                “Curfew? Nice one,” He knew I didn’t have one.

                “At least mine was more believable, ‘I have to study’,” I threw a couple of fake laughs at him. We’re always joking around with each other. I don’t remember a time when we had a serious conversation. Although he teases me a lot, at the end of the day the person who cares for me the most was him. At first I thought it was awkward but as time passes I just looked at him as an older brother. There was one time when I thought of him as a guy. Freshmen year of high school; every girl wanted him. Since I was close to him, they wanted to be my friend to know more about him. I about it but he said, “You should tell them to stop. I don’t want them to bother you.” He said it in such a serious tone; I thought about what he said for days.

                There were two blocks left before we reached the apartment. He suddenly held my wrist; I looked back. “Hmm?” I looked into his eyes. They shifted from me to the background, then back to me.

                “I need to tell you something,” his unoccupied hand ruffled the back of his head, messing up his hair. He led me to a nearby park and sat me down on a bench as he walked back and forth. When he stopped, he turned to me and stared at me. He bit his bottom lip and slid it to the side. We made eye contact for a long time. At first I thought he was playing with me, doing who-blink-first-loses, but his gaze was different. “I like you,” A moment of silence followed. He asked me in a shaky tone,” Do you want to go out with me?”

                I couldn’t believe it. This guy who always had a cool image is confessing to me. He’s showing his vulnerability for the first time. I was touched. All of these feelings started to take over my mind. In all honestly, I did not feel the same way, but I couldn’t bring myself to reject him. “I like you too,” I replied. I was not lying; I do like him and maybe this “like” will grow into love.

[End of flashback]

                The alarm blared from my phone. After swiping the little icon to shut it off, I rolled out of bed and got ready for school. I waited for Jiwon in the living room. My parents had left for work early so the house was quite. “Is this how I’m supposed to wear it?” Jiwon asked when he walked into the living room. The uniform fitted him perfectly. I mentally gave him another point for good looks.

                “Yeah, that looks right,” my voice became quieter towards the end of the sentence. We walked to the bus stop in silence.

                “Oh, Hanbin!” I jumped. He looked up at the sound of his name being called. I walked a little faster but not leaving Jiwon behind.

                “Hey,” He said. When I was in arm’s reach, he ruffled my hair.

                “Stop it!” I whined. I didn’t want Jiwon to feel left out so I quickly introduced them to each other.

                “Hey, I’m Kim Jiwon. You can call me Bobby,” the guy shined his smile.

                “I’m Kim Hanbin. You can call me B.I.” he politely smiled in return.

The bus arrived. I sat by the window with Hanbin next to me while Jiwon sat in the seat in front of us. “You face is a little puffy today,” Hanbin whispered. I covered my face with both hands. He cupped my hands and squeezed from left and right, contorting my face.

                “Ya! Stooop,” I whispered back. He laughed and let go of his hand. “Oppa, your hands are cold,” I picked up one hand. We naturally placed it palm to palm, measuring whose hands were longer. His were. Then he intertwined them and we held hands even when we got out of the bus. He hooked his arm over my shoulder once we got out to make it seem more playful.

                “Sumin when are you ever going to grow?” he teased me again. “Bobby, I heard you were from the States,” he suddenly switched his attention to Bobby.

                “Yup,” The boys continued their conversation. When we got closer to the school I spotted Seul.