Chapter 8

Exchange

                KHB (9:00 p.m.): We need to talk.

        Me: Maybe later. I’m going out with the class.

        KHB (9:05 p.m.): Good job tonight…I’ll see you tomorrow.

I faced the phone down before joining with the wild group of teenagers. Bobby with the mic in his hand, rapped from a song someone chose for him.

                “Ttokgatji yeojan da jeonbu (All girls are the same)

                Nam millyeopkkun neonen da yeou (I’m a poacher and you’re all foxes)

                Bet you never seen an arrow like me (Bet you never seen an arrow like me)

                Wingkue han bangimyeon ni mamen (With just one wink)

                Naega salji right? (I live in your heart, right?)”

                “Ow OW~ Bobby’s on fire!” our leader cheered. “Come on Sumin, help him finish the song,” he dragged me to the spot light.

                “Na gateun yeoja heunhaji anha (A girl like me, is not so common)

                Naneun dalla naneun naneun namdalla (I’m different, I’m special)” I passed the mic to someone that looked eager to finish the song. I was not the right person for those high notes. I glanced over at Bobby to see how he reacted towards my majestic voice. His two front teeth protruded, and his eyes squinted to form a line; but his expression was so happy and warm. I tried hard not to smile but ending up biting my bottom lip. The room was getting hotter so I moved back to sit down. Bobby and I gulped down what seemed to be water. “Why does this taste so weird?” I asked Bobby.

                “Maybe it’s flavored water,” he shrugged. Within minutes my whole body felt a surge of hotness. From my toes to my face, I felt like I was in a sauna. Then my speech became very runny, linking every word together.

                “Ya, what’s up with the two of you? Your faces are red,” some guy came over and asked us.

                “There’s something wrong with this drink,” Bobby pointed. His condition was better than mine.

                “Oh my—That’s a mix Luna (some girl in class) made for the loser of the bet” the guy was fidgeting a lot now. “Soju…”

                “WHAT!?” I yelled. “My mom will kill me if she finds out—,”

                “Just walk it off,” the guy said quickly. “You’ll be sober in no time.” He smiled before walking to the front to tell the news to the others. Everyone looked back at us and said, “Ooo, Sumin and Bobby got a head start already?”

                “Ya!” Bobby threw a small pillow at them,” You guys should’ve warned us.”

                “Alright, we’re sorry but I think you guys should go home for the night. Sumin doesn’t look too well.”

                I filled Bobby up on everything on the way home. We took a taxi just to be safe. In the end, I looked and felt like a mess. Bobby comforted me and told me that that misunderstanding will only worsen a relationship. I sobered up when we arrived at the apartment. Looking at Bobby from the back and thinking for a long time, I finalized my feelings for him. Being an only child, I’ve mistaken a brotherly love with a special love. I love him for being honest and caring, but I didn’t love him like I do towards Hanbin. I was so caught up on my pride and image, I was blinded; Bobby was right, I could’ve misunderstood the situation. Everything will be settled tomorrow.

                Seul (11:30 p.m.): Hanbin said you exchanged him out for Bobby. He said you changed and he doesn’t want to talk to you for a while. I don’t know what’s going on; I’m just the messenger.

I woke up in the middle of the night because of that text. Why would his text me saying he wanted to talk but then he tells someone else he doesn’t want to talk to me? Stunned by such message, I couldn’t sleep for the rest of the night.

                “Did you rob a bank last night or something? Your dark circles are insane,” mom nagged. Expressionless, I walked passed her and headed for the bus stop with Bobby.

                “Do I look like I like you?” I bluntly asked after falling a couple of steps behind him.

                “What?” He stopped to turn to me.

                “Like, do you think I have a crush on you?” I found myself more ridiculous after asking.

                “You have a crush on me?” his eyebrows scrunched together.

                Waving my hands side to side I said in a hurry, “No no no, it’s not like that.” I caught up to where he was and we began to match pace. “If someone were to see me and you, do you think they’ll think that we’re a couple?”

                “No because they know you’re dating Hanbin.” He stopped, “What’s going on Sumin?”

                “Nothing, honestly. I was just curious,” I lied.

There was a heavy atmosphere at school. I felt like more eyes were on me than usual, and this is when Hanbin was not around. I haven’t seen Hanbin or Seul, causing me to be a bit nervous. Lunch was probably what I was looking forward to most; but I soon found out, gossip was on the menu.

                “You sly fox! How could you live with some guy AND cage Hanbin all to yourself like that! Selfish .” This girl, whom I’ve never seen before, emitted such a strong sense of hatred that I felt scared being alone for the first time. “Don’t act all innocent. Everyone knows you’re living with Bobby. Imagine what the two of you have done already,” she inhaled in disgust,” Ugh. No class.” What? How did she know Bobby was living wit—she said “everyone”? Oh. My. Gawd. I lost my appetite and quickly exited the lunchroom before climbing up the stairs to the rooftop.

                Me: Apparently everyone knows about you living with me.

        Bobby (12:30 p.m.): That’s not a big deal. They’re making it seems like you did something bad to me. Don’t worry, I’m clearing this mess up.

I found a place on the rooftop to lean on and slept. I woke up to the sound of a girl whining.

                “She didn’t even come and find you today and did you hear those rumors about her and Bobby? Hanbin, being with Sumin will only hurt you. I confessed yesterday; I promise I’ll be better than her.”


A/N:

Thank you so much for subscribing and enjoying it (even if you only enjoyed it a tiny tiny bit, I'm still happy ^^)

Anyways, thank you for putting up with my long updates. School comes first, then health, then this. Honestly, this is my last priority. Sorry~ ><

But since I had a Thanksgiving break, I was able to finish this chapter. I think the next one will be the last. BUT, I have a little surprise :)

On a different note: I'm in LOVE with Bobby in HI SUHYUN I'm Different. His gaze can kill~ *-*

Can't wait for YG's project, "Come Here" with Master Wu, Dok2 and Bobby!!

I envy those who can go to one of Epik High's concert, but it's okay! I can fangirl at home...by myself ;_;

iKON Fighting! Epik High Fighting! Hi Suhyun Fighting! 

(Since when was I such a YG Stan?...)