01. The voice which I treasure

Let's stop to live for a second

Minhae-yah!”
I turned my head to see the faces to the voices, that I treasure so much.
Like always a big goofy smile was spread all over there faces, which made me till nowadays smile as well.

Hey losers”, I smirked and saw how Taehyungs expression turned from happy to a fake shocked expression.
I am hurt, Min!”
“I am hurt by your presence”,
after my response I hear Hobi's infamous laugh.
They both set down beside me in my room in front of the air conditioner, escaping the heat of summer. We are in the middle of the summer vocations. Since two days I am back from the visit of my grandmother in the countryside of Korea. Like every year I visited her. Enjoyed nature and lay around, helped her. But as a teenager it isn't that exciting as it was when I was young. I missed the internet and my friends. At least my lungs got some fresh air from all the city air.
Hobi and Taehyung spend also there vocations visiting there grandparents, but they are kid by heart and love to be around them and find fun in the small and simple things.
Back in Seoul we met us early as possible, which is today – in my room. We wanted to hang out in the park, but that would be insane since it is nearly 32° C outside.

How was your vocation, little bug?”, Hobi said.
Little bug was his nickname for me since I was 5 years old. I used to have always bugs hide somewhere in my clothes, when I came home after playing outside the day. My mom is scared of bugs and so am I, but they were hanging on me like I was there queen.
So Hobi started to call me little bug.
“You know. The fresh air is good and you can really relax from all the city chaos, but after a while you miss the internet and your friends”
“Aww, you missed us?”, Taehyung turned his head towards me.
“Don't be ridiculous, Tae. I only missed the girls and Hobi”.

He pouted and mumbled, “I know you missed me”.

Anyway Tae, tell me. I couldn't ask you since I drove the day of your confession away. How did it ended? Do you got a new girlfriend?”
“You know... I was in the bus. It started to rain and I hoped, that rain means gods blessing for our starting relationship. That the rain wash the past away”,
he said and with the words 'God's blessing' I turned my head towards Hobi trying not to laugh. Hobi looked at me amused and just shrugged the shoulders.

My attention was back to Taehyung at the moment, where he continued his dramatic story.

I keep on calling on her phone. I wanted to confess, but not once she picked up the call and with this I drove home. I met her a few days ago and she said, that she never picks up when it rains.”

And with this his story ended and made me and Hobi sit in a speechless state.
“Aehm... Tae... I would say...”, Hobi laid his hand onto my shoulder and just shock slowly his head, mouthed a 'No'.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, mouthing an 'Ok'.
I said nothing to Taehyung, just ruffled his head.

A comfortable silence came over the three of us. Couple of minutes pasted by after Hobi asked when I have to go working again.“This Thursday, so I got two stress free days to spend before reality grabs me”. Both knew how stressed I am these days. I got lot on my mind with catching up with school stuff and that I even learn in the vocations, my part time job and with the thought what I will do after the next 1 ½ years. I am always in worry. I know they got a lot in there mind as well, but they both don't work part time and they both have already a plan what they wanna do.
“Then lets spend the next two days in fun. TURN UP!”, pumped from his own words he jumped up and wiggled in front the two of us. It started with a giggle from my side and turned in a heart warming laugh, stood up and jumped as well. Hobi laughed and joined our little party and so we decided to have fun and go outside.

 

A few meters after we left the apartment complex...

 

Can we just turn up at home? In front of the air conditioner?”, I ask. It was to hot for my fragile body. “No”, the two idiots spoke.
Meanies”, I mumble and followed them to the subway. We decided to go to the Han river. Escaping the heat through fountains near the river. Gladly the trains drive here every few minutes and the subways are not overloaded with people. It was nice to see other people in our age, chatting and enjoying the vocations. I wish the entire life would be one big vocation.
I sighed and grabbed Taehyung attention with it.
Is everything alright?”,
Yeah, just the heat”, I lied.

When we arrived at our station we had a few minutes walk where the boys told me what they done in the last two weeks. We wrote of course through messages a few times, but they cost and cell reception in the deepest of the countryside isn't what you will get so it stayed with a few messages. Whatsoever when Taehyung started to tell his story how he got to know a girl, with the name...

 

Seriously I got no idea how her name was again... something with S … I guess... anyway.

 

I am honest. Whenever he is stating, that he started to date a new girl, it kinda bugged me.

Not out of being simple jealous. Ok, a bit. But in a different way, that you think.
I am throwing inside a tantrum, that this guys got more dates, that I will ever have.

I am here struggling with finding my first boyfriend and he dated so many, that I lost track.

Ok, his relationships do not last long – on an average it last for 20 days. Till the girl breaks up, because she get to know him and his personality.

Hobi is the more romantic one. He flirts a lot, but when he finds a girl he is loving, then he has only his eyes on her. But since 9 months he is single. His last and first relationship lasted for nearly 3 months, but ended, because she got cold feet to last it longer. After 3 months, well... things get more frisky in term of... se... I guess you understand what I mean.

 

At the fountains I took my shoes off and dipped my feet into the cold water. I felt how my inner temperature cooled down in a second. But my body cooled really down, when Tae started to kick the water towards me. The nearly young adult in me said I should not join him and his act, but my inner child said ' THIS AND SLAP THE WATER TOWARDS HIM TILL HE IS SOAKING WET'!
We both were splashing around and looked like the kids around us, enjoying it.
Hobi was the normal one in the round and knew we will regret it in a few moments.

So he stood like a father beside the fountain. Dipped quickly his feet as well, but stood safely a few meter away from us.
I forgot for the moment, that I am full and dripping with water like a sponge, when I played with him. But got reminded a moment later, when I slipped and fell backwards. Gripping after the first person, that stood near me. Almost soundless I felt on the fountain ground, to get shocked right away remembering that I got a phone in my shorts pocket. “OH ”, I never realized that I was still holding onto the person arm till the person came down to my level.
Everything ok?
I snapped out from the panic, holding my phone in the hand and watched into the eyes of a handsome male. “What?
He chuckled and got a bit shy, cough lightly and raised his voice repeating his question. Then I let go of his arm. “OH MY! I am very sorry. I automatically grabbed after your arm. I am sorry. I slipped and ...yeah I am fine. But I guess my phone had better days”.
“If you lay in a bowl of rice, the water will get soaked out and it will be dry. And since it wasn't fully under the water it will not be that bad”, he said and I finally noticed his accent.
I smiled, “Thank you for the tip, Busan guy”. You could clearly tell, that he was surprised, that I could tell he is from Busan. The moment he wanted to responds Hobi came towards me, helped me up. I bowed towards the guy, “Thank you for saving me”. He laughed and slowly and awkwardly made my way to the dry ground, panic shoot into my face when my feet touched the ground and I grabbed after Hobis shoulder, “I need you to lean me some money. We need to buy some rice! NOW!”