02. Wise words of busan boy

Let's stop to live for a second

~

I made my way through the small supermarket. The cashier gave me a funny look, when I came in wet like a poodle. Hoseok never left my side and walked quietly, giving me as well a funny look, since I am following the words of an stranger. Taehyung walked behind us. Stopping at the snack section.

You are seriously believing the words of the stranger?

Why not? He was not yelling at me, even tho I practically held onto his arm if my life would depend on it. And I have to try everything out, since my phone is new”, I said, sighing at the thought that I seriously took my phone into the fountain.

When I got finally in front of the rice, I took the cheapest package and went straight to the cashier, lay it down the counter and pushed Hoseok forward.

My boyfriend will pay”.

Hoseoks eyes widened, but stayed silent.

The cashier scanned the pack of rice, when suddenly a pack of choco pie got thrown on the counter. I turned my head and saw Taehyung grinning from ear to ear, “My brother-in-law will pay”. I smiled amused at his action and turned my head to Hoseok, who rolled his eyes and paid for the stuff, “I should have stayed single”.

The cashier chuckled at Hobi's comment, which all of us surprised, but we did not let out a sound.

I took the plastic bag and went outside the store. Hobi was counting the change he got and Taehyung was already opening the snacks.

Thanks for the rice, Hoseok honey

Everything for my Minnie mouse

Ew, this is disgusting”, I scrunched up my face at the nickname. Hoseok cracked up laughing into my face. I gave Hobi the plastic bag and took out the pack of rice. Slowly opening the pack and poured rice into the plastic bag, threw the package away and took my phone out placing it in the bag.
Hobi shook the bag lightly so the rice covered the phone, “Let's hope that the stranger gave you the right tip”.

 

Since I wasn't in the mood to go near any water after the incident, the three of us made our way into the a mall, escaping the heat through the air conditioner inside. “Ugh, everywhere the faces of those idols. The overly perfect faces”, I said with a bit annoyed tone. I felt a bit insecure with my look, since I think it is the reason why I got never a boyfriend. “Oh Minhae, do not be like that”, said Tae and threw his arm around my shoulder, giving them a little squish.

You will see, sooner or later a boy will fall for you. You are pretty and got a nice personality.”

You have to say it since I am your best friend

You do not have to do or say anything. I am saying what I want and this is the truth. Believe me for ones”, his words made me smile. We walked down the way of shops, when I suddenly stood still. “Wait here guys!”, I made my way towards the shop. My eyes spotted a pretty black circle skirt. I wasn't usually the girl to wear skirts in her free time, only to school my uniform skirt, but outside the school time I wear shorts and oversized shirts.

Do you like the skirt?

I jumped a little, but I should have knew it better that these two would not wait.

Mhm... kinda. But I am not sure, since I am not used to it. And I think I am not girly enough

You would look beautiful in it”, said Tae.

I have the same opinion. I think it would suit you, since it is black and looks kinda chick. Totally you”, said Hobi which made me chuckle.

Maybe next time, when I got my money with me. Let's not stand that creepily in front of the shop”, I pushed Taehyung next to me lightly with my free hand, a smile spread over my face, happy that I got them as friends. The day continued with us strolling through the mall and Hongdae, till 9 pm when I excused myself and went home. I need to study, since I am a bit behind the subject material. It isn't that I am bad. I am average, but I try to improve since it is my last 1 ½ years and if I decide to study I need good grades. What I want to be? I am not sure. I got no special talent or any interest – up till now I just existed and now I must live.

I sighed, watched the clock which said it is over midnight. I stretched my arm out and grabbed after the bag. I thought of how long it has to stay in the rice.

The busan guy didn't told me how long it has to lay in the rice... I did not got the chance to ask him after his name.” In that moment I heard the click of the door and knew my mom is back home. I hide the bag under the bed since she would get mad if she knew what happened to it.

My door slowly opened and I saw my mom pecking into my room.

You are still awake?

I nodded and pointed towards the book on the table, “I was studying”.

Did you ate something for dinner?”

Yeah I made some cold noodles since it is so warm. I left you a portion in the fridge.

Thank you. I did called you earlier, didn't you heard it?

I gulped and act like I had no clue, “I didn't hear anything. But I haven't checked my phone since hours.”

She mouthed an ok and wished me a good night, which was my cue to continue my studies.

 

I woke up the next morning with my head on the table, my neck stiff and a blanket around my shoulders. I stretched and yawned, made my way to the kitchen.

I was surprised to hear sounds out of the kitchen, since I know that my mom isn't home. She has her own flower business. Gladly she doesn't want me to assume the shop later. She says when her body says, that she cannot work anymore, then the shop will also close. She want me to have my own dream and job – sadly I got no dream nor wish yet.

I made my way to the kitchen, surprised to face Hoseok.

What are you doing here?

I thought you will probably study the night over again and worried about your health. So I came to make you some breakfast.

My heart started to ache, since he knew me so well and I felt bad to make him worry. Slowly I wrapped my arms around his body frame and hugged him tight, bury my face in his chest.
I murmur, “Thank you, my bogus boyfriend”.

He hugged me back, laughing lightly. “No need to thank, my bogus girlfriend. So tell me... how do you like your eggs?

I let go of him walked to the fridge, taking out some eggs.

After such a time you know, that I mostly like my eggs in a cake.”

He laughed, taking the eggs.

Meanwhile I went to the bathroom, brushing my teeth, remembering I got the bag of rice in my room and went straight with the brush in my mouth to my room.

Slowly opening it so nothing will fall on the ground, I dig after the phone, hoping it will work.

And it did.

I sighed in relieve. Ran to Hobi and wiggled with my phone in front of his face. He saw the display and smiled, “So the busan guy was right”.

I jumped around, glad that everything was fine and wished that I could thank the busan guy in any way.