03. Because I care

Let's stop to live for a second

My wednesday was full with joy. Hobi and I spend the morning together, talking and enjoying each others company. Just being with him from time to time is peace for my soul. With Tae around us he is dorky and loud, but when it is just the two of us, we talk a lot about serious topics. He is helping me a lot with dealing about life and worries. Don't get me wrong – I love Taehyung to the moon and back, but I got the feeling, that he would never take me serious. I actually never talked about more serious stuff with him, but I am afraid of trying and getting disappointed.

Sadly, he was meeting his family for lunch at a restaurant, so he couldn't stay with me on the couch. While I was living the comfortable, lazy life on the couch, my phone started to ring – Tae was calling.

So Aliens try to get in contact with me?”, I said into the phone speaker.

Ah your phone works. The trick was useful then. I should remember it

Say what you want Tae

Wanna hang out?

Nahhhhhhh. The couch is confi and the tv shows aren't bad. Maybe next time.

I heard a sigh from the other side of the line.

Minhae, come on! It is your last free day. Let's do something. Drink some bubble tea, make some window shopping or some real shopping! Just let's do anything!”, he whined.

When I was just about to protest again, the skirt of yesterday popped up my mind.

Come and pick me up. At the time you arrive I will be ready.

I heard him cheering and end the call. Made my way to the bathroom, putting some light make up and changed my clothes, since they are still the same from yesterday.

By the time Tae arrived, I was ready. Together we went to the mall from yesterday and went straight to the shop where I saw the skirt.

Ahh the skirt

I shrugged of the comment and searched for my size and tried it on. Seeing myself in the mirror made me unsure, 'aren't my leg to fat?'; 'do I look shorter?'; 'is this to ty?'.

It was like Tae could feel my self-doubt and asked behind the curtains, “Minhae? Show off. I can help to decide”. I stick my head out. “No...

He doesn't play long games, since he got two younger siblings and had to play such back and forth stuff every day. He pushed the curtains by side and I startled by the move, “I could have been ”. “You could only have been without pants. And I saw you in less stuff” (reffering to childhood).

My eyes widened, looking around to see, that we grabbed some peoples attention.

The people around our aged either smugged or giggled. The older ones looked at us like we were some unholy dirt.

Buy it”, he said and made me snap out of my thoughts. “What?

I said 'Buy it'. The skirt looks pretty on you. And don't say your famous line 'You say it just, because you are my friend'. I say the stuff I want and you know I cannot lie”, he smiled.

I mouthed a 'thank you' and closed the curtains again, changing into my shorts.

I bought the skirt and our little shopping tour continued, walking from shop to shop.

An hour or two passed and he suggest we should grab something to drink.

Bubble tea?

Like I don't make them enough at work

But you still like them

True...

Yes, I am working at a coffee shop, making coffee and also Bubble tea. Kinda cliché, but Seoul is the city with most cafes. While ordering I saw an empty table and went to it, saving the seats for us.

I placed the bags down and watched Taehyung ordering our beverage. Two girls catches my eyes, how they stared at Tae and giggled, whispering behind there hands to each other. Typical, I thought and was keen if they would try to get his attention, like the most of these girls do.

Gladly, Taehyung would not ignore you. That is something I admire about him – he only sees the person he is with him. There is nobody else. Only the person – may it be me or Hobi or another friend. He would not flirt, he would continue to talk to you and ignore every signal around him.

A cup got placed in front of my hand and I looked up to see his smiley face.

In thoughts?

Kinda”, grabbed after the drink, “Thanks”.

Makes 4500 Won

My face turned from happy to irritated, grabbing after my bag to get the money for the drink, when Taehyung started to laugh.

Just kidding, Min”, he patted my head, chuckle amused, taking a sip of his drink.

The giggles of the girls died down, after the last few interactions of ours, I watched them from the corner of my eye, seeing disappointment in there faces.

Min?

Again he snapped me out from my thoughts.

Everything fine with you? You seem a lot in thoughts these days”

It is nothing

Nothing is something different. You know you can tell me anything

I nodded, sipping my drink, not giving a real answer.

He sighed, “Don't you trust me for taking you serious and what is going on in your mind?

He hit the nail. I was a bit taken aback from the outspoken truth, that I couldn't react and I keeped silent. He knew he was right. He looked hurt and it made my heart clench together – I felt guilty.

Tae...

I am just the funny one. The dork who cannot be serious. But I am taking you serious. I take our friendship serious, just because I don't show it right away or in the same way like Hoseok, doesn't mean I don't care”, he was playing with the plastic cup in his hands, wiping the condensed water with his thumb away. He nodded to himself. Silent came over our table. Guiltiness was eating me up and I was just about to try to make some excuses, when he broke the silence.

Is it ok, when I drop you in front of my door and you go the rest of the way for yourself?

Tae...”

I need now a bit time for myself

These words hurt me, but I understood. I hurt him with my actions. I slowly nodded my head, taking my bubble tea and following beside him. The ride home wasn't fun. He remind silent and left without any goodbye into his apartments complex. I felt miserable, because Taehyung isn't someone who is showing his emotions openly and you see him smiling rather then sad. And that I as his best friend made him sad... I was angry at myself. I opened the door of my families apartment. Coming into an empty home.

My mom is at work till the evening and my dad is visiting my aunt in Ulsan for a few days, who gave birth to a newborn. My mom and I couldn't go, since we had to work.

I wasn't hungry. I just had the need to sit on my bed, listening to music and re-think what a horrible friend I was. And so did I. I left a note for my mom, apologised for not making any dinner for her and I wasn't in a good mood since something between me and Taehyung happened.

And with it I locked my door, sat on my bed and listening to music.