10. Chapter

You're dating my DOUBLE!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

enjoy!^^

 

947 words

 

Zelo's POV 

 

"Here is your change. Please enjoy and have a nice day." I watched the customer leave through the small front door and heaved a soft sound of exhaustion. It was already quarter past 8 but the customers kept flowing in. Normally I should be making the cupcakes for the next day or at least preparing the dough, so i can do it tomorrow. But Jongup, my school friend and coworker, was sick so i had to take over his job behind the counter as well. Another customer entered and i finally admitted defeat. Though the shop closed at 9 and the employees barely stayed longer than half past 9, i would probably have to pull overtime work today.

Once the customer was gone and i was sure there was no one coming, i turned around and started to get the ingredients for the dough. The kitchen was right next to the counter and i could keep an eye at the door from here. These were the moments when i was happy for the rather small size of the shop. It was held in warm brown, light vanilla creamed and a cute, light pink. There was barely enough space for six small tables and a long but soft bench along the shop window. The kitchen was also rather small, but that was no real problem. 

I smiled as i thought about the year i was already working at this place. It was peaceful and fullfilling for me since i loved baking, it was my life. I put a set of cupcakes in the oven before turning to serve another customer with a friendly smile. But when i realized who it was, my smile froze. The man in front of me was around 30 years old, had short black hair and piercing dark eyes. He was completely dressed in black, i never saw him wear any other colour, and had a wide grin on his face.

"It's been a long time... Zelo." I flinched lightly at the way he said my name, it was as if he was a snake aiming for its prey. "Mr. Wu." He let out a soft chuckle as my voice trembled. "I'd have some of the strawberry cake." He watched me for a moment before adding.  "Did you think about it?" I flinched again and hurried to serve the order. "I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter