Mysteries of the Night

A Pirate's Wife for Me

It had been eight days since Asuna had joined Chanyeol and his crew, the Black Sails. She was beginning to adjust to a certain routine, and hoped that she would be able to solve the many mysteries that plagued her new identity as Amora Napier.

Sure, it was taking some getting used to. It's not every day that you are suddenly transported to a completely different era, and forced to become someone you know nothing about, even though everyone around you claims that you were that person at one time.

None the less, she was fairing well. She spent most of her time with Kyungsoo in the kitchen, trying to avoid Chanyeol as much as she could. Facing him would mean that she would also be forced to face the fact that she had once loved him, even though she knew nothing of that time.

Her wounds were also healing nicely. Suho changed her bandages once a day, and the two were growing closer because of it. For some reason, when Asuna was with Suho, her mind was at ease. He helped her forget about the anxiety, depression, and frustration that came along with adopting a new identity, as well as her hidden past. 

 

Soon enough, on the eighth day, night had arrived with a frightening speed. Fortunately, Asuna had fallen asleep quickly due to exhaustion from stress, as well as working in the kitchen for such long periods of time.

 

"Asuna." The word came out more like a statement. It was a man's voice- Asuna could swear she had heard that voice before. But where?

"Asuna. Come to me. I'm waiting for you- you know where to find me." The voice spoke again, this time more urgently.

Where had she heard that voice before? Wait a minute- that's right. Asuna realized that it was the voice she had heard earlier during her first day in this strange era. She had fallen asleep in that tiny row boat from exhaustion. Then she had dreamed of a man with a deep and rich voice that sent shivers down her spine. He had called out to her, but until now, she had forgotten about it.

"Who are you? What do you want?" She responded to the mystery man. Was she dreaming again? Most likely.

"Asuna, have you forgotten me too? I am the god called Seth. I'm sure you will remember me, soon enough. I am coming for you." The conversation ended suddenly, and the man's voice slowly became softer. At the mention of his name, Asuna's heart clenched without warning. Even in her sleep, it was the kind of pain that scared people.

Am I having a heart attack? At such a young age? Asuna thought, panicking.

Could it be because I was somehow transported from present day Seoul to 18th century Spain? Maybe this is some kind of side-effect? Her heart clenched again, this time causing a disturbing feeling that resembled a knot in her chest. It was almost like someone was stabbing her through the heart repeatedly.

*GASP* She broke out of her dream, sitting up in bed suddenly. Her hand was placed over her heart, and it grasped her shirt tightly.

Even though she had awoken, the pain had not left. In fact, it had actually grown worse.

"C-chany-yeol.." She mumbled, calling out for the only person she thought might be able to save her.

Surprisingly, within a matter of seconds he was by her side. Asuna had grudgingly accepted the only available sleeping space left on the boat, A.K.A, right next to Chanyeol's bedside. 

He had originally offered to give her his bed, (he definitely had more charm than that idiot, Luhan) but she had politely refused, and instead took a small bed next to his. He had insisted that she sleep next to him just in case the ship was attacked suddenly.

"What's wrong, Asuna. Is it your heart?" He asked, seeing that she was clutching her chest. Asuna's eyes were shut tightly, but for a moment they opened, only to see Chanyeol's pain-stricken face. He seemed to be genuinely worried, no- angry that she was feeling pain.

 

"Y-yes. I think I might be having a heart attack." She sobbed, tears falling fast. She had never experienced a pain like this before. It was quite…terrifying.

Chanyeol's eyes shot open wide, and he exited the room at a inhuman speed. Most likely to retrieve Suho. In what seemed like seconds, he returned, Suho in tow.

A cold sweat had developed on Asuna's brow, and she could barely breathe.

Suho sunk down to her bedside, grasping her hand tightly.

"Asuna- take a deep breath. Listen to me Asuna, listen to my voice."

A choked sob escaped her lips. It was hard enough to breath.

How can I listen to your voice when I'm about to die?

Her vision was blurring, and bright colors were beginning to appear in her sight.

"Listen to me, Asuna! It's me, Suho!" He cried out, shaking her hands. Suho could see that her eyes were going out of focus, and that wasn't a good sign.

 

The multiple palpitations of Asuna's heart were starting to dwindle. Her heart was slowly…shutting down.

It took everything, but Asuna pushed through her blurred vision, and glanced at Suho's anxious face. His eyebrows were creased with worry- and she felt badly for upsetting him, considering Suho wasn't bothered by many things.

"Suho, why do I feel like we've been here before? You and I… we've done this before." She pointed to the situation. Was it true? Had Asuna and Suho gone through this same problem once before?

According to Suho's facial expression, she had seemed to hit the mark.

"That's right. But for now- just look at me. Concentrate on my face." He said, pulling her cheeks towards his. Chanyeol didn't seem to mind whatsoever. He stood behind Suho, looking distressed.

Asuna nodded, and obeyed the order. As her vision cleared, she was able to focus more on Suho, and less on the pain in her heart. Examining his features, all perfect, settled her heart, and after a while it began to subside, until all she could feel was the soft beating return back to normal.

In a sigh of relief, she threw her arms around Suho's neck, relieved to the point of exhaustion.

 

"S-suho. Thank you so much. I thought I was going to… die." She sobbed.

"I know. I'm sorry… I thought that this would have ended once you lost your memories." He said matter-of-factly.

"What do you mean?" An uncomfortable silence ensued, and Suho glanced at Chanyeol.

"Well… this actually started happening when the curse was set in place. A few months after you met us. After you met Chanyeol…

You would come to me in the middle of the night having the same problem. We were never able to figure out the cause of it… only that if you calmed down and focused on something, like my face, you would return back to normal." He whispered.

"That's strange. How scary… I don't think I'll  be able to go through that again.." Asuna muttered, already panicking at the thought of having to experience that all over again not once, but multiple times.

"That's the same thing you said last time… when it kept happening."

Asuna sat in her bed, baffled. Why was all of this so confusing? Why was it happening to her?

Amora, you have a lot of explaining to do.

"How strange. But it's weird- I actually heard a voice in my dreams before it happened. I don't really remember what he said though…" Asuna fought to remember, but for the life of her she couldn't.

"You must have been having a nightmare or something. For now, why don't you get some rest? You need it."

Asuna couldn't say it, but she was afraid. Afraid of falling back asleep. Afraid of being alone. Afraid of EVERYTHING. She was having an identity crisis- she didn't even know who she was anymore. Learning that all her memories about Donghae, about everything- were fake. At this rate, she just wanted to get her REAL memories back.

 

"I guess so." She responded. Suho gave a curt nod, and stood up- about to leave the room. Asuna stopped him, grabbing his wrist tightly.

"Suho. Thank you." She said honestly. He smiled, and left the room afterwards. What a sweetheart.

This left Asuna and Chanyeol alone, and both felt awkward. Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck, looking at Asuna desperately.

"Are you alright, Asuna? Would you feel safer if you slept with me?" Asuna's face instantly reddened, feeling hot to the touch.

"W-WHAT? NO I WILL NOT!" She stuttered, covering herself with her arms.

"How can you even think about something like that at a time like this?!" She gaped, surprised.

He gave her a serious look in response.

"I don't mean making love, you idiot. I mean just sleeping. I know that if you allow it, we can touch each other without getting sparked." He replied, kneeling down to her bedside.

There was a moment of silence, and Asuna gave the idea a serious thought. Being alone would surely cause her discomfort, but if she was laying with Chanyeol, wouldn't that be even worse?

She glanced up at him, feeling insecure.

"I… I guess so. But no touching!" She covered herself again, and Chanyeol laughed.

Without another word, he reached forward to pick her up, but was suddenly shocked.

"OW! Didn't I tell you to let me?" He whimpered, rubbing his hand.

"Well GOSH I'm SORRY! I don't really know how to control a curse yet!" She defended, crossing her arms. "Just let me try again." She took a deep breath, and closed her eyes tightly.

I'm not sure who I'm talking to, but let Chanyeol touch me. I'm allowing it. Got that? And with that, she re-opened her eyes, and motioned for Chanyeol to try again.

 

He reached out slowly, hand drawing back on impulse.

"I swear, if you spark me…" He murmured, but Asuna pretended not to hear it.

Ever so gently, Chanyeol stuck his hands underneath Asuna's legs, and cradled her sweetly. He got a good grip, and began walking to the bed.

She's so light, and tiny. I hope she's eating enough. He thought, worried about her.

He softly set her down onto the bed, and she didn't make a sound. She simply pulled the covers over her head in embarrassment.

Even from under the sheets, Asuna could hear Chanyeol walking around the bed to his side.

Dammit. Now that I'm actually in the bed, it's a lot smaller that I had originally anticipated. There's no possible way that we won't be touching! She inwardly wailed, wrapping her arms around her waist.

Suddenly she felt the bed sink in, and a large body slowly slid underneath the sheets. Asuna practically squealed in horror. She could feel his body heat off of his abdomen as it ever-so-slightly rubbed against her back.

OH MY GOSH. I've never spooned before! This is so weird. Why do people do this? She made a face, hoping that it would be over soon.

But another part of her was feeling something entirely different.

 

The other part of her, she guessed it was Amora, was feeling… warm. Almost…excited.

OH MY GOSH AMORA, SCREW OFF! She screeched inwardly, the odd feeling pulsating slowly. Damn.

 

Just the thought- his body against hers- the difference in size- it turned her on. It was an awful feeling- but also an amazing feeling. How conflicting.

Then out of nowhere, a long arm wrapped around her waist, and pulled her tiny body into his. Oddly enough, Asuna didn't move. WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME? WHY AM I ALLOWING THIS? I HARDLY KNOW HIM!

Asuna lay there, completely frozen.

"I know how you're feeling Asuna. But please, just let me. It's been such a long time…" Chanyeol whispered, his sleepy voice making an unexpected appearance. And before Asuna could even respond, he had fallen asleep. She tried to push his arm off of her, but it was useless. It wasn't moving.

An exasperated sigh escaped Asuna's lips, and she lay there, unmoving. And eventually, the comfort of Chanyeol sleeping next to her was enough to lull her to sleep.

 

 

The morning arrived in a few hours, and Asuna found herself waking up to the constant call of an annoying Sehun. This brat had been a constant bother to her as of late. Chanyeol's presence was no longer there, which left her feeling defenseless.

"Asuna~ Asuna~ Asuna~" He repeated, shaking her arm gently.

The shaking and calling ensued for quite sometime, until Asuna grew extremely irritated. She had hoped that he would leave after a bit, but soon discovered that he had no intentions of leaving any time soon.

"DAMMIT SEHUN! WHAT DO YOU WANT?" Asuna opened her eyes suddenly, and shoved Sehun off of her. He laughed idiotically, and took a seat on the side of the bed. Sehun suddenly leaned in, giving her googely eyes.

"I can see that a certain couple enjoyed themselves last night." He smirked, ruffling Asuna's bed hair.

"W-WHAT? NO WE DID NOT!" Asuna yelled, throwing Sehun's hand off of her head.

"Sure you didn't." He teased. "By the way- your morning voice is y~" He added, wiggling his eyebrows.

Asuna was outraged, and she crossed her arms.

"DAMMIT SEHUN! WHY ARE YOU SO ANNOYING?" She demanded.

"Because that's my nature." He laughed, and swiftly avoided Asuna's shove. He scampered across the room, making his way to the door.

"You better come down to breakfast, the food will be gone soon!" He chanted, and opened the door. At that- four boys fell into the room, all tangled together.

Sehun gave them a look, and hopped over them like a rabbit.

"YOU GUYS WERE LISTENING IN?" Asuna roared, and threw the covers off of her, running towards them.

They all scampered out of the room, shrieking.

"AHHHH!" Kai laughed, shoving Baekhyun down to get out first.

 

Breakfast had proven to be pretty uneventful. Asuna awkwardly gathered her usual pieces of fruit, but this time she tried to avoid Chanyeol completely. He seemed unaffected, but when Asuna avoided him when he tried to say good morning, he looked a bit hurt. Suho had watched the entire thing happening, and approached Asuna quietly.

"Ouch. I don't know what happened last night after I left, but you probably shouldn't avoid Chanyeol like that. You know how he feels about you." He whispered thoughtfully.

Asuna looked up from her plate, and gave Suho a puzzled look.

"What do you mean?" She asked, and Suho motioned with his eyes to a very solemn looking Chanyeol.

"Oh… Well nothing really happened!" She defended, setting her apple down. "We only slept together!"

A hush came over the room, and everyone's eyes were on her.

"YOU DID WHAT?" They all said in union, except for Chanyeol of course, who was looking as confused as Asuna was.

"You know what? You all have a REALLY bad eavesdropping problem!" Asuna huffed, standing up in a swift motion.

"We didn’t DO anything. Chanyeol just offered to sleep with me because I had a bad dream. Besides, I shouldn’t have to explain anything. What happens between us in none of your business…" Asuna pouted, shoulders sagging in defeat.

There was a moment of silence, until Baekhyun spoke up. "Chanyeol, you are quite the ert. We all know what your TRUE intentions were." He laughed, and the rest of the crew followed in suit. Asuna didn't like what she was hearing. Not because they still all presumed that the couple had engaged in physical actions, but because they were making fun of Chanyeol when he had simply wanted to comfort her.

"That's not true!" She defended boldly, looking Baekhyun straight in the eye. The laughing stopped abruptly, and suddenly the atmosphere grew slick with a weird, awkward feeling.

Asuna's face was bright red, and she was feeling extremely embarrassed at the moment. None the less, she knew she had to defend Chanyeol's honest intentions.

"Chanyeol… Chanyeol oppa wasn't doing anything bad. He just wanted me to feel better. That's all." Asuna's eyes were on her feet, and she could hardly bring herself to look up. She was feeling small and delicate at the moment.

Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around her, embracing her into a warm hug. Chanyeol bent down and whispered into her ear.

"Don't you know what you're doing to me? Is it even possible to fall in love twice?" He muttered, his hot breath the tips of Asuna's ear.

She was so absorbed into Chanyeol's loving aura that she wasn't bothered at all by the arguing that ensued around her.

"SHE CALLED HIM OPPA!"

"DID YOU HEAR THAT?"

"I CANNOT BELIEVE IT. I'M SO JEALOUS DAMMIT!"

Asuna smiled happily, and let Chanyeol hug her. What a sweet guy. No wonder Amora had loved him so much.

...

That same night, on an isolated island far in the east, a man downed in white silently schemes with another.

"I guess it didn't work. Yet again, your ingenious plan has failed." The other man muttered sarcastically. The man in white has a look of disdain plastered upon his face as he peers into the looking glass that is positioned on a very luxurious pirate ship. The two men watch as the captain of the ship hugs Amora Napier from behind. This causes the man in white to growl angrily, clenching his fist tightly.

"She has quite the knack to avoid mind control." The man in white's jaw grinds in a angry fashion.

"Except for the one time when her entire memory was erased. Seriously, why don't you give yourself more credit? You fooled her into doing that, isn't it enough?"

"No. It will never be enough until she's MINE."

 

(A/N: *GASP* Who is the man in white guys? Haha. I'm so excited to write more about him. *cackles evilly.* Speaking of cackling, how was everyone's Halloween? What did you guys dress up as?

P.S.- sorry for taking so long to write such a short update. I had ACT's last Saturday.)