Amora Napier

A Pirate's Wife for Me

"You WHAT?"

"I plan on making you my wife."

Asuna sat, stunned. All she could do was…

"HA! Very funny. But you can't. I don't know if you pirates know this or not- but when you want to marry someone, the other person has to LIKE YOU BACK!" She howled, finding the strength to stand up.

"I don't know you. I don't know who this Amora Napier person is either. You must have me mixed up with someone else." She reasoned.

"Baby, the way your playing innocent is quite adorable, honestly. Why don't we take that attitude into my quarters?" Luhan prodded.

"In your dreams, ert!" Asuna yelled. And with that, she cast a quick glance behind her. She found herself backed up against the edge of the boat. The quiet waters sat below, and with only slight hesitation, Asuna made a bold move.

"I don't know who you people are, but I don't belong here! I need to get back to the twenty-first century." She exclaimed, and did a back flip off of the boat and into the freezing water below. She could see Luhan's eyes widen dramatically, and he rushed to the part of the boat she had jumped from.

She wasn't sure where she had gained such courage or experience to do a back flip, but she was somehow able to swim back to the surface, and begin treading water, even though she was injured.

"I knew she was playing dumb! Men, Amora has escaped! … again. CATCH HER!" Luhan raged.

What in the WORLD do they mean?? Whoever this Amora person is, she sure owes me an explanation.

Suddenly Asuna heard a splash directly behind her, and she figured that one of the men had jumped in after her.

"Aggghh!" She wailed, and began to the water quickly, swimming as fast as she could in the opposite direction. She looked back, hoping that she had gained some distance, and saw that the pirate ship really was huge.

It was crafted beautifully, and she had never seen something so extravagant.

 

Out of nowhere, Asuna felt the ocean current change, and could feel her body rising in the water.

A large wave suddenly appeared, and she was dragged underneath it before she was able to take a breath. Asuna felt her body rolling underneath the tide. With the last of her strength she pulled herself above the water, only to find Kris grab her shirt collar, and drag her back to the ship. Asuna was slowly losing consciousness, and her eyes slowly shut, her eyelids feeling heavier than rocks.

 

 

"Hey, guys- I think she's waking up!" Asuna heard the voice that seemed to be very far away. What had happened? All she could remember was Kris dragging her back onto the ship…

That's right. She had passed out, most likely from her injuries.

As Asuna slowly regained consciousness, she felt her torso tightening. It seemed that she was wrapped in bandages.

As she woke up, she was greeted by four handsome faces, as well as a splitting headache.

Lay, Xiumin, Chen, and Tao all sat by her bedside, eyes wide, waiting for what she would do next.

"W-where am I? What happened?"

Asuna was quite disappointed that even after she fell unconscious from severe bleeding, she still had not woken up to find Donghae next to her side. Instead there sat four pirates.

"You're in the Captain's quarters. He insisted that you stay here for the night." Chen said solemnly, and he seemed to at least have some kindness locked away behind the dark façade he was putting on, as well as the rest of them. Asuna guessed that if they did not put up a front, their crummy 'captain' would punish them, or something.

"When you tried to…escape last night, you fell unconscious because of your wounds. You lost too much blood. So Lay fixed you up." Tao said, motioning to his friend. Asuna gave him a thankful smile. Even if they had kidnapped her, she could have died if Lay had not stitched her up.

"No one knew that you were so seriously injured. Luhan was furious… he saw to it that Kris was punished." Xiumin added, and Asuna noticed that in fact, Kris was not among the four.

 

"Why did he punish him? It was an accident, after all." Asuna said, but in reality she did hold resentment towards Kris for being so rough with her.

"Yes, but it was an accident that he caused. It could have been avoided if Kris had been more gentle with you. I guess he thought that you would put up more of a fight than you did…" Tao said, setting a hand behind his head.

"What do you mean? Actually, now that you mention it, why do you all seem to think that I'm some violent and dangerous person?" Asuna mumbled, feeling self-conscious. After all, she was covered in nothing but bandages and four extremely handsome men were surrounding her bedside.

 

"Well actually, we have all been discussing that the entire night. It seems that you've forgotten who you are…" Chen murmured. Were they hiding something from her?

"Well, let me first say that for my kidnappers, you guys seem to be very well mannered. I was expecting…other things." Asuna drifted off, not wanting to say those 'things' out loud.

"WHAT? We would NEVER do anything like that!" Lay shrieked, obviously upset that she had even suggested it.

"For starters, we aren't those kind of people. And secondly, if we ever did anything like that…" Lay began.

"Luhan would surely kill us." Xiumin finished. They seemed to be telling the complete truth. After all, what reason did they have to lie to her?

"W-what? Why would he ever do that?" Asuna stammered, suddenly feeling a bit scared of Luhan. Although it wasn't like she hadn't been before.

The four men cast worried glances at each other, seeming to be afraid of what could happen if they said anything.

 

"Let me just say, I'm not sure why you can't remember who you are. It took a lot for us to be able to willingly sit by your bedside. We were afraid that once you woke up, you would kill us…" Tao said, looking at anything but Asuna.

"What? What do you mean?" It seemed that Asuna was asking a lot of questions as of late.

"Are you SURE that you don’t remember? Anything?" Chen prodded with a serious look on his face.

"I'm 100% sure. All I know is that I belong in a completely different time period than this one. I don't…belong here."

 

"Well I guess we can start from the beginning." Xiumin began. Despite his young childish looks, it seemed that he was the oldest of the group.

"It all started 20 years ago. A young princess was born in England, and her parents named her Asuna. It is a Japanese name, but that's a different story."

"I-isn't that… ME?" Asuna stammered. After all, ever since she had arrived in this era, everyone she came in contact with had called her by that name. They somehow knew her.

"I'll get to that in a minute." Xiumin replied. She nodded apologetically, feeling rude for interrupting his story.

"Anyways, the kingdom was rejoicing. After many years of failing, the King and Queen were finally able to conceive a child to take the throne. They had been hoping for a young prince, but they were happy with a girl just the same.

Twelve years passed, and the young girl was turning into a fine princess. She often volunteered at local orphanages, fed the homeless and poor, and was insistent on her parents donating to different charities.

Unfortunately, the age of the Pirate was coming upon the kingdom. And before they could stop it, Pirates had infiltrated the kingdom, stealing from not only the rich, but the poor as well.

A path of destruction was made, and once the pirates heard of the endless riches hidden inside the castle, greed blurred any sense of guilt they had once had.

One night they attacked the castle, killing the Kings guards and the King, as well as the Queen. It is said that the princess watched in horror as her parents were being violently slaughtered."

Asuna gasped. For some reason, her heart was clenching. She felt like she had witnessed these horrors herself. She could picture the bloody scenes in her mind.

Her eyes were beginning to grow foggy. She couldn't help it. Her heart ached for these people. As well as this poor girl that had lost her loved ones in such a violent fashion.

"Then what happened? What happened to the Princess?" Asuna asked, leaning forward. Her wounds strained, but she did not care. She absolutely had to find out what the Princess's fate had been.

 

"That's the best part. It is said that-" Xiumin began, eyes widening in excitement, but before he could say anything the door to the small room slammed open, revealing a very angry Luhan.

 

"What are all of you idiots doing crammed in here? Didn't I tell you to do your chores?" He howled, sending the men flying out of the room faster than anything Asuna had seen before.

Hmph. This is the thanks we get for patching up your beloved princess. Tao thought.

 

With an eerie silence, Luhan approached Asuna's bed slowly. She slowly sunk underneath the covers, doing anything to get farther away from him.

Suddenly, Luhan's eyes flew open in surprise.

"My dear, why are you crying?" He quickly closed the space between the two in a matter of seconds, and bent down to reach her eye level. Asuna realized that her eyes must still be cloudy from earlier.

"W-what? I'm not crying." Asuna murmured stubbornly, pulling the sheets above her nose.

Unfortunately for her, Luhan found the action quite endearing.

A small smile appeared on his lips, and he reached out, planning to wipe the tears from her eyes.

"Ack!" He whimpered, and his hand pulled back in shock.

"W-what is it? Are you alright?" Asuna asked, but refused to pull down the sheets. She might have been a little worried about him. But not that worried.

"I'm fine. Sometimes I forget that the curse is still in place." He mumbled, and stood up, brushing off his legs.

But before Asuna could ask what he meant, Luhan began speaking again. She didn't want to interrupt, fearing what he might do.

 

"Are you feeling better? I'm sorry that I didn't notice you were injured earlier. You were probably too shy to say anything." He smiled, looking off into the distance.

Ugh. More like if I did say anything, you would take advantage of me.

"Yes, I'm feeling fine now, thanks to your crew." Asuna said, wanting to get the four boys on Luhan's good side again.

Unfortunately, he looked unimpressed.

"Hmph. They can be useful. Sometimes."

Gosh! The nerve of this guy! They listen to his every command, and he isn't even thankful!

"Speaking of your crew, what did you do to Kris?" Asuna asked subtly, not wanting to bring too much attention to the subject. She might be acting all kind and innocent right now, but she planned to make another escape attempt soon enough. Small talk was just a cover up.

"Ha. That bastard? He got a good lesson in manners. He won't be doing that ever again." Luhan said, crossing his arms.

 

Strangely, Asuna felt badly for Kris. Sure, he had hurt her, but he did originally think she was an entirely different person. He had been expecting a more dangerous version of herself...apparently. Or rather, whoever this Amora person was.

If she made the huge giant Kris nervous, Asuna was positive that Amora was an extremely dangerous person.

 

"O-oh. Is that so?" Asuna responded under her breath.

"Why do you ask? Don't tell me you feel badly for him?" Luhan asked, stunned.

What, was the notion of feeling remorse non-existent in this Pirates life?

"W-what? Of c-course not! Don't be silly..." Asuna said.

Luhan stood there for a moment, seeming to judge if she was telling the truth or not.

"Hmm..." Then suddenly, his face lit up.

"Oh yeah! Asuna, why do you keep stuttering around me? I'm not that scary am I?" He smirked, and Asuna could literally feel the cockiness radiating from him.

Instead of denying it, she told the truth.

"Well what do you expect? You abducted me! And you're holding me against my will." She huffed.

"What? That's not true!" Luhan said, appalled.

"Oh yeah? Then i'll be leaving. See you again- never!" Asuna said happily, and threw the sheets off of her.

"Wait just a minute! I didn't say that you could leave!"

"But I thought you weren't holding me against my will?" Asuna questioned, eyebrow raising.

 

Luhan stood for a moment, arms crossed. He seemed to be frustrated beyond comprehension.

"Well, I guess I am. But it's for your own good!" He exclaimed.

"Oh yeah? And how is that?"

"Well… if you think about it, there is really no where for you to go. Amora knew her way around the ocean, but it's obvious that you have forgotten about that part of yourself somehow. This is the age of the pirate. It wouldn't be safe for you to be rowing that tiny fisherman's boat in the middle of nowhere, would it?"

Besides, i'm not the only pirate that wants to make you mine. Luhan thought.

There was a moment of silence.

"I…I guess not." Asuna grumbled, and once again retreated back under the covers.

"But don't think I've given up on escaping!" She rallied boldly, and with that, she hoped that the conversation had ended. She wanted some time to think, and more importantly, plan her escape. She wasn't joking, after all.

 

"All right." Luhan did not take her seriously whatsoever. "Now that the topic is out of the way- why don't you come down to the kitchen for breakfast? You probably haven't eaten in a while. Lay made some great food, and it shouldn't go to waste." Luhan offered. Now that Asuna thought about it, her stomach was growling loudly. He had probably heard it. How embarrassing!

But- she also realized that she was getting too friendly with her captors. But it would be rude to decline…

"Hmm.. Well I GUESS it would be a waste. I should probably have some. Would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of the kitchen?" Asuna asked.

"Of course, my dear." He let his head drop in a smooth motion of respect.

Bleh.

Hesitantly, Asuna slowly made her way out of the bed. Realizing that she had no shirt on but was instead covered in bandages, she scuffled through the sheets, hoping that she hadn't misplaced it.

"If you are looking for that poor excuse for a shirt, we threw it into the fire. There are replacements right there." Luhan said, pointing to the end of the bed where a light brown shirt and white flannel pants were paired with a hearty set of pirate boots. How dreadful.

"Well. I guess I should be thankful…?" Asuna murmured, not feeling that way whatsoever. It didn't matter anyways. These clothes would help her fit in better.

She grabbed the set of clothing, and was about to pry off her blood-stained shorts when she caught Luhan staring at her.

"I'm sorry. Why are you still here?" She asked.

 

Luhan chuckled softly.

"My dear, it does not matter if I see you now, or later. We will be married soon, so why are you being shy?"

Taking a deep breath, Asuna shoved him out the door, quickly closing it behind her.

Now that the moron was gone, she could change in peace. As she turned back to the pile of clothing, she got a great look at the beautiful room around her.

All the wood work was finely crafted, and painted to perfection. There was a fireplace to the side, and in the middle sat the huge master bed that she assumed to be Luhan's.

She knew that in order to afford such a luxurious ship, Luhan and his crew must have stolen from multiple different kingdoms. They might have even killed people. After all, seeing that Luhan had such a short temper, she couldn't put it past him.

 

 

After Asuna had changed, she opened the door that led her out and into a hallway. She assumed that Luhan's bedroom, along with the kitchen, was underneath the deck.

Luhan had waited for her outside, considering she did not know her way around the massive ship.

"I can see that the fit isn't anywhere near right." Luhan said, motioning to the clothing.

"I'll have to agree with you on that. These are huge." She replied.

"Well, that is to be expected. They are mine, after all." He smiled, and Asuna immediately felt violated.

"Eeew. I wish you hadn't told me that. Now I feel like you're indirectly touching me." Asuna squirmed.

"My point exactly." Luhan winked, and Asuna sighed deeply. How would she get used to this?