Cooking for the Crew

A Pirate's Wife for Me

(A:N/ So- what does everyone think about Tao's 'scandal'? Personally, I don't know what to think. Of course, it's none of my business. But since we know now, I don't mind. After all, he has the right to do whatever he wants. Tell me what you guys think in the comments. Is anyone here Tao biased? If so, what are you feeling right now? I'm Kyungsoo biased, and I would be pretty devastated if he had a GF. Maybe SM is trying to cover up crap with more crap.)

 

Even as Chanyeol's boat drifted farther away from Luhan's, Asuna could still see the despair on Luhan's face when she told him that she had decided to leave with Chanyeol.

Of course, she was thankful that he had taken somewhat good care of her for the last day and a half, and had kept her safe.

But she also felt badly for leaving Xiumin, Chen, Tao, and Lay. Did they feel betrayed? It was obvious that the two groups of pirates had been stand-offish for a while now, so did it hurt them when she had chosen to go with Kai, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Suho, Sehun, and Chanyeol rather then the people she new better?

She had hugged each pirate *except Kris and Luhan of course. Instead she just bowed thankfully* before she had left, but still. Was that enough to show her gratitude?

Unfortunately, it was the only thing she could do. Besides, she had to go with  Chanyeol. It was obvious that he knew more about what had happened than Luhan, and staying with him wouldn’t have gotten her anywhere. Never the less, she was sure that she would be seeing Luhan and his crew soon enough.

Going with Chanyeol had been the right choice. She was sure of it.

The boys were already starting to warm up to her, asking her all sorts of questions.

"So, what was staying with Luhan like? Were those idiots annoying?" Sehun, the youngest, asked.

Not as annoying as all these questions. Asuna thought for the thousandth time.

"It was ok, other than sleeping on a cot. And no, they weren't annoying. Except for Kris. He was cold." She replied tenderly, while peeling a potato.

Upon arrival she had insisted that Chanyeol put her to work somewhere. Standing around all day was doing nothing for her other than creating unwanted stress.

So he decided to let her help Kyungsoo run the kitchen.

 

It had started off easy enough. Kyungsoo was extremely quiet, and only spoke twice. First to tell her the rules of the kitchen.

"Let me tell you that there are rules when cooking in this kitchen. If you are going to earn your keep here, you need to follow these rules.

1. Wash your hands whenever you enter and exit the kitchen.

2. Never sneak food out. I count inventory, so I will know if you do."

He began, but Asuna interupted.

"Why would I steal food? Do I look like that much of a glutton?" She questioned.

"Not at all. I'm simply being careful. It was a regular occurrence for Amora to steal bread and pastries from the kitchen when I wasn't looking." He stated, and began once again.

"4. Never promise anyone on this ship that you will make them something specific.

And 5. NEVER. EVER get in my way. Also- questions are permitted." He finished, chopping a potato in half with a hard slam of a knife. Asuna jumped, shocked.

 

Questions are permitted? He sounds like a drill instructor.

 

Asuna sighed deeply, and began to start cutting the vegetables in front of her like Kyungsoo had told her. Not soon after she had started, Kyungsoo threw his knife down in frustration, which shocked Asuna once more.

"You aren't doing it right. You have to cut them thinly, like this." He began, and suddenly wrapped his arms around Asuna in a way that made her face redden profoundly.

His hands rested on top of hers so that he was physically moving them to cut the correct way. She could feel his chest rising and falling against her back slowly, and was also well aware of his soft cheek as it rested against her own. 

 

"Um. Am I interrupting something here?" Sehun's voice appeared, sounding quite amused.

Kyungsoo practically threw himself in the opposite direction, slamming his knife down onto the table in the process.

"W-what? Of COURSE not!" Kyungsoo breathed, obviously flustered.

"I was just teaching her how to cut the correct way!" He reasoned, hands flying in every direction.

"Sure you were. It's not like you can cut something the wrong way." Sehun mused, and walked towards Asuna slowly.

 

"So, Asuna. Tell me what you've forgotten. Do you remember how you and I used to be good friends?" Sehun questioned, leaning over the table towards Asuna. He gently rested his chin in his hands.

"I don't really remember anything. All I remember is what happened before I got here." She stated, trying to ignore how his face was inching towards her own.

"And we were friends? Are you sure?" She asked, tilting her head.

"Of course I am. We were super close." He added.

"Ha! That's a load of crap. You hated him the most, Asuna." Kyungsoo raged in the corner. His back was turned to the both of you, probably still embarrassed from earlier. For some reason, Asuna's heart quickened when he said her first name.

"Hm. That's what I thought." Asuna's eyebrow rose. 

 

"Psh. I thought this would be a great opportunity to get you this time around." Sehun murmured, giving a annoyed look. "Thanks a lot, Kyungsoo."

"You're welcome."

 

Suddenly there was another knock on the kitchen door.

"Come in." Kyungsoo said.

 

The door swung open, revealing a very happy looking Kai.

"Hi everyone. Mind if I watch?" Kai asked, and strolled into the kitchen.

"KAI! I told you to stay out of here while I'm cooking!" Kyungsoo wailed, once again throwing his knife down in frustration.

Kai put on a pouty face and made puppy dog eyes.

"But hyung, I wanted to become better friends with Asuna." He shook his arms, doing a bit of aegyo.

Kyungsoo sighed deeply.

Is Kyungsoo a er for aegyo? I'll have to keep that in mind. Asuna thought.

"Fine. But you need to help out. Wash those dishes over there." He motioned, pointing to a huge pile of disgusting dishes.

"I was wondering what that smell was." Asuna choked. Sehun laughed heartily.

"And don't think you're getting away with loitering around in here. You help him too, Sehun." Kyungsoo demanded. Both boys whined tiredly.

"Hyung~~ We just finished our other chores! Don't make us do these too!" Kai complained.

"No! If you want to talk with Asuna, you can't be taking up space in here. Be of use to us." He finished, and began chopping once again.

 

 

In less than thirty minutes, Kai, Sehun, Baekhyun, and Suho had all somehow made their way into the kitchen.

Kai and Sehun had finished the dishes, and were now mopping the floor. Baekhyun was cutting the fat from the meat, and Suho was beginning the stew.

Kyungsoo stood next to Asuna as they continued to chop different vegetables. Their elbows touched every once in a while, and Asuna could barely concentrate.

 

"So Asuna. What was Luhan's crew like?" Suho asked, leaning over the stew pot.

"They were cool. Especially Xiumin. He told me about Amora's past, and how she became a pirate. All in all, they were all kind. Except for Kris.." Asuna drifted off. She could clearly remember his cold glare, and even now it frightened her.

She hoped that he would open up to her one day.

"Oh yeah. Do anyone of you know why they call themselves the Six Deadly Sins?" She perked up.

"Ha. That's just some stupid name that Luhan came up with. But yes- I do know which sin each crew member stands for." Kai began.

 

"Kris stands for pride. This is easy enough to decode- he's obviously extremely prideful. No secret to that.

Lay stands for Sloth. This is because when it comes to fighting and doing almost anything, he's too damn tired to do it. Or so he says.

Xiumin stands for envy. You wouldn't think it at first glance, but he gets jealous easily.

Tao stands for wrath because he has amazing fighting skills, and if you harm one of his friends, he won't let it go until you have paid the price.

Chen stands for greed because he is greedy. But then again, a lot of pirates are.

And Luhan- he stands for lust because he'll screw anything that moves." Kai laughed, as well as the other men.

 

Hm. I don't think that's it. There has to be more to those labels. Asuna pondered.

"Is that so? And why do you guys call yourselves the Black Sails?" She asked.

"Is there any hidden meaning to that?"

"Eh. Not really. Chanyeol just can't come up with anything bett-" Sehun began, before he was interrupted.

"I'm not into the whole 'our name has to have a hidden meaning thing." Chanyeol silenced Sehun with a hard slam to the shoulder.

He had appeared so suddenly that even Kyungsoo was surprised.

"Chanyeol, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"I wanted to talk to Asuna for a moment. Do you think I can borrow her for a bit?" He asked.

All the boys released exaggerated 'ooh's' and 'aaah's' that made Asuna's cheeks turn pink.

"Of course. We're almost done here anyway." Kyungsoo said.

 

Honestly, Asuna didn't want to be with Chanyeol alone. Of course, he couldn't touch her, but that didn't mean anything. She could still feel her stomach doing flip-flops from earlier when he had been so close to her…

 

 

Asuna had reluctantly left the kitchen, and it just so happened that once she did, so did everyone else. As she walked down the corridor with Chanyeol leading the way, she could still hear Kyungsoo's angry yells behind her.

"SO ONCE ASUNA LEAVES YOU ALL DO TOO? WHAT HAPPENED TO 'I came here to help'?? HUUH? GET BACK HERE SEHUN! SINCE YOU'RE THE YOUNGEST, YOU'RE CLEANING THE TOILETS!"

She could hear the boys laughing as they scurried away in different directions.

 

"Is it usually this lively around here?" Asuna murmured, half to herself. Chanyeol had heard it nonetheless.

"Not particularly. They are only like this when you're here." He smiled, and held the door open for Asuna that revealed a vast room.

It was obviously the Captain's quarters. It held a luxurious king size bed, with an amazing view of the ocean from beautifully crafted windows.

A gasp of wonder escaped Asuna's lips.

"It's beautiful." She sighed.

"That's funny. Amora said the same thing when she first saw this room." Chanyeol laughed.

"Please. Sit down." He motioned to a small table accompanied with two chairs. On the table sat a large map with different marks on it.

 

"What's this for?" Asuna motioned to the map. When Chanyeol didn't answer, Asuna turned around in her seat. Chnayeol had been standing right behind her, and now pinned her in between the table and him. His hands grasped the tables edge, knuckles whitening.

The only thing separating them was the chair and the curse.

 

"What are you doing?" Asuna asked, voice quieter than usual.

Chanyeol leaned forward, turning his head to the side. The same thing men did when they were about to lean in for a kiss.

"Why  bother? You can't kiss me." Asuna stated, pretending to be unaffected. In reality her heart could barely be contained inside of her chest.

"Are you sure about that?" Chanyeol whispered, his delicious breath dazing Asuna.

As he leaned in closer and closer until they were only milimeters apart, her heart began beating faster and faster until she too leaned in. Once she realized what she was doing, Asuna broke out of the trance that Chanyeol was enticing her into. Her hands shoved against his chest, pushing him away.

Oh my gosh. Those chest muscles! Her eyes flew open.

 

Chanyeol seemed…pleased.

"Wait a second. I can touch you?" Asuna questioned.

"Yes. That's what I was waiting for." He replied, touching the place on his chest that Asuna's hands had felt.

What a weirdo.

 

"Ah. I see. You wanted me to touch your chest, didn't you?"

"I didn't mind where you touched." He replied, smirking.

Aish.

From the jerky motion of shoving Chanyeol away from her, Asuna's shirt sleeve was slowly falling down, revealing the white bandages that wrapped around her torso underneath. Chanyeol caught sight of them, and his eyes widened slowly into a silent fury.

"What. Are. Those?" He pointed to the bandages. Asuna quickly pulled her sleeve up, not realizing that it had been drooping in the first place.

"U-uh… Just a scratch. Not a big deal.." She trailed off, looking in a different direction. She was sure that he would be able to tell if she was lying or not.

 

"Asuna. Don't lie to me. What really happened?" He asked. His voice was becoming angrier and angrier. Although, she knew he wasn't directing it towards her. He was going to punish whoever did this to her.

Aish. I can't tell him. Luhan already punished Kris for this.

 

"If I tell you, promise you won't do anything rash?" She questioned.

"Besides, Luhan already punished the person who did this."

 

"So it wasn't that arrogant fool who did this? It was one of his idiot crew members!?" He roared.

"They aren't idiots! But yes… Kris did it." And at the words, Chanyeol practically flew out of the room.

"Dammit! I told you not to do anything harsh!"

 

(A:N/ So now we know that Asuna can touch the men. This means that if she allows it, she can touch them without either of them being affected. But no matter what- if a man that loves her touches her, the curse will still be in place. So lets say Asuna wanted to kiss Channie. She would be able to without either of them getting zapped.)