Who Am I?

A Pirate's Wife for Me

Asuna laid on her back, shuffling under the covers. She couldn't see anything. The only thing she could hear was the soft sound of Luhan's breathing. After a long day of watching the crew work, planning her escape, and receiving cold-glares from Kris, night had finally fallen upon the sea.

She had spent almost 30 minutes fighting with Luhan about how she refused to sleep in his bed. In the end, she had won, but she was still forced to sleep in the same room as him. You would think he would lovingly give up his bed for her, but instead she was cast to the floor to sleep on a cot. Psh. She was even wounded for God's sakes!

In the end, no matter what she did, she could not fall asleep. She then quickly decided that she would go and see where the crew was sleeping. She wanted to ask Xiumin some questions about the story that he had never finished earlier.

Slowly pulling the covers from over her, Asuna snuck quietly into the hall. She was sure Luhan would hear her and punish her- or something- but surprisingly he didn't. Casting frantic glances around the hall, she realized that no one was awake anyways.

Now where are the sleeping quarters? Asuna wondered. Maybe one of the guys were awake on deck? She decided to start from there, and cautiously made her way up to the deck.

As soon as she emerged from the hold, or the brig, Asuna saw the moonlight hitting the waves around her. The ship rocked back and forth smoothly, and she spotted Xiumin standing by the helm, or ships wheel.

"Xiumin. Do you do this every night?" Asuna suddenly asked. Xiumin didn't seem startled at all by her sudden presence, but instead looked like he had been expecting it.

"No. We all take turns. I switched with Chen earlier because I had a feeling that you would want to talk tonight." Xiumin replied.

"I hope you don't take this the wrong way but- for a pirates, you guys don't have a very big crew. It must be hard to run this ship all on your own." Asuna reasoned, feeling bad that Chen, Tao, Xiumin, Lay, and Kris probably got the brunt of the work whereas Luhan most likely did nothing but boss people around.

"Hm. You haven't been the first to think that. And yes, it is hard. But Luhan… he isn't someone that trusts too easily. As we are his childhood friends, he knows that we won't betray him. Anyone else is a different story. One wrong move and…" Xiumin trailed off.

"Never mind that. I assume that you would like me to finish the story I was telling earlier?" Xiumin asked, turning away from the helm and to her.

How does he know all of this? It's almost like he's reading my mind…

"Yes. I would really appreciate it if you did finish. I feel like I need to know." Asuna decided. Maybe the story would help her regain some memories.

"Well, unfortunately, I cannot. I'm sorry." Xiumin said with a deep sigh. Was he hiding something from her?

Then realization hit her.

"Wait a second. Did Luhan tell you not to tell me? Why?" Asuna demanded. She was just assuming things, but for some reason she felt that she had guessed correctly.

"Hm. Looks like you're smarter than I thought. But yes, Luhan told me not to tell you. If I do, you know I could get into big trouble, right?" Xiumin insisted, but he didn’t look all that worried.

"I know.. I'm sorry. I just feel that if you tell me more about her, maybe I'll regain some memory. I mean- from what I can tell, it's obvious that I am her. Luhan can't touch me, which means Amora's curse is still in place, whatever that is anyways. And since it is still in place, that means I am her."

"That's right. You catch on fast, Asuna. So… I will tell you. But you have to keep this between us, ok?"

"Sounds fair. But why does Luhan not want me to hear the rest of the story? Matter of fact, he barged in earlier right when you were getting to the 'good part'." Asuna asked, scratching her chin.

"That's because he's afraid that if you get your memory back, you'll leave him." Xiumin said matter-of-factly.

"What? Really? And how would I do that? Last time I checked, I'm injured, and trying to escape didn't really work out for me earlier."

Xiumin laughed.

"Maybe. But even so, Amora could. If you remember everything, and become Amora again, he has more than one reason to be afraid. Amora Napier could kill all six pirates on this ship if she wanted to, and escape even if she was injured worse than you are currently. Hatred fills every part of her. A hatred of pirates, specifically."

"She would…kill?" Asuna choked out, barely able to picture herself killing people, much less six strong pirates.

"Of course. Although… there is one person she wouldn't." Xiumin thought out loud, looking to the stars.

"And who is that?" Asuna asked, quite interested.

There was a moment of silence.

"That's a story for another time."

Asuna pouted.

"Fine. But why would I- I mean, Amora kill all of you? Doesn't she feel guilt, or remorse?" Asuna asked.

"Well, yes. But let me just say that Luhan is not on her 'nice' list. There have been multiple times when he has caused bad things to happen… or tried to kidnap you. This isn't the first."

Well that's no surprise.

"Is that so? Well anyways, why don't you finish the story now?" Asuna asked, pushing the topic aside for later.

"Have you gotten all of those questions out of your system?"

"Yes." Asuna laughed.

"All right then." Xiumin took a seat on the hardwood surface floor, and Asuna followed in suit.

"So- the story continues with Asuna after she watched her parents being murdered. 

When the surviving attendants and police went searching for her, they couldn't find her. Because of this, many rumors were flying around. Some said that she had been killed as well, but there was no body to prove that. Others said that the pirates had taken her with them. But the rumor that turned out to be true was that she had changed her identity and left the kingdom, wanting revenge for her parents deaths.

It is said that she went to an old monk, and was trained in an elite style of martial arts. Even Tao, our fighting member was never able to even disarm her.

Anyways- after five years of training, Asuna had turned 17. She was still nowhere to be found, until one fateful night.

It just so happened that one of the most notorious pirates ever, Red Scar, was pillaging a very wealthy kingdom that night. Many people were violently slaughtered, and most of the kingdom was rampaged. The pirates had broken through the Kings defenses, and were holding the Queen and her children hostage in a bedroom, demanding more money from the King.

Unfortunately, the King had no more money to give. It had all already been taken.

Enraged, Red Scar was about to kill the Queen and her children when suddenly, a beautiful young woman 'flew inside from an open window', or so the rumors say.

She called herself Amora Napier, and claimed that she would soon become the most notorious she-pirate to ever sail the seven seas."

"But I thought that she hated pirates?" Asuna questioned.

"That's true, but as the saying goes- 'If you can’t beat em', join em'."

Asuna nodded, but guessed that there had to be a better explanation as to why Amora had become something that she hated so passionately.

"Anyways- Red Scar found this quite amusing, and wanted to 'end her foolish thoughts quickly, because he would always be the most famous pirate', so he requested to duel with her to see if she could live up to such a high standard.

Amora accepted, and withdrew a sword that was as black as night itself from the sheath tied around her waist.

It is said to be the most powerful, yet beautiful sword in all of existence, and to this day no one is sure how she obtained it. Many think she killed the pirate using it. I myself am quite interested as well."

"Well when I regain my memories, remind me to let you know." They both laughed, and then continued.

"So yes- she drew her sword, and within seconds she slaid Red Scar and his crew, and had single-handedly saved the kingdom. Then without a word, she disappeared. Just like that. She was somehow able to obtain a crew, and a black pirate ship that is supposedly rumored to strike fear into the hearts of even the most horrible pirates.

She has defeated countless pirates, saved hundreds of lives, and instead of stealing, the townspeople and kingdoms reward her profoundly with thousands of dollars, making her one of the richest pirates ever." Xiumin finished, with a happy smile on his face. It seemed that he was waiting for something.

"Are you waiting for me to suddenly remember everything?" Asuna crossed her arms.

"Haha, I guess so?" He suggested.

"Well no luck. I don't remember a thing."

"Not even a tiny memory?"

"Why do you care so much? You wanna get rid of me that much?" Asuna pouted.

"No! But you were the richest pirate ever… So I was hoping you would give me a reward for being so helpful…" Xiumin trailed off, and Asuna gave him a swift kick to the knee.

"OUCH! What was that for?"

"For being greedy."

"But I'm a pirate! We ARE greedy!"

They both burst into laughs, until they were both cut short by a low growl.

The couple slowly turned around, and found a very angry Luhan standing directly behind them.

Crap.

He was angry. Firstly, Xiumin had gone against his orders of not telling Asuna about her childhood. And secondly, he could not stand the sight of Xiumin getting along better with Asuna than he had been.

"May I ask what you are both doing?" There was a cold iciness to his voice.

"W-well… uh.. We were just discussing… things." Asuna trailed off. She never was a good liar.

"Don't bother making excuses. I heard everything." Luhan's voice dropped to a low note that frightened Asuna horribly.

"Xiumin, meet me down in the brigs in five minutes." Luhan said, and turned back around swiftly.

"Luhan wait! If you heard everything- than you know that I didn't remember anything! There is no reason to punish him!" Asuna insisted.

"My dear, you say that, but for all I know you could be lying."

Asuna was taken aback.

"Psh. I thought you loved me- what is love with no trust?" She tried hopefully. Anything to get Xiumin out of this situation.

"My dear, pirates trust no one." There was a tone to his voice that was saddening. He trusted no one- and that was sad in itself.

Hm. I recall Xiumin telling me earlier that he doesn't trust anyone. Well there is no future for us if you can't trust me.

It seemed like Asuna would have to take a more direct route.

"LUHAN. IF YOU DARE LAY A HAND ON HIM- I'LL… I'LL-" The threat was paused, Asuna stuck in mid-sentence.

"You'll what my dear? If I do recall, your threats never get very far."

"I will jump off of this boat." Asuna finished, and ran straight for the edge of the boat.

"ASUNA- DON'T DO IT. I- I won't punish him!" Luhan insisted.

"Ha! I don't trust you, because you don't trust me. Besides, I was planning on escaping soon anyways. Thanks Xiumin!" She nodded in his direction, and he smiled back, which seemed to infuriate Luhan even more.

"Fare well!" And with that, Asuna dived gracefully into the dark waters below. This time, the moonlight was all she needed to guide her. After hearing from Xiumin that she had once been a fearsome pirate, she was more confident.

Sure, her wounds hurt like hell. In fact, they had probably re-opened. Her escape plan had a few holes, considering she was now injured again, and there was no where to go. She would also grow tired of swimming after a few hours… not to mention she would become dehydrated. Ok, her plan had quite a few holes.

But anything was better than being held to be forcefully married to someone she hated, right?

Besides. Now that she had escaped, Luhan wouldn't be able to blame Xiumin anymore. The only person he could blame this time was himself.

As Asuna swam in the opposite direction swiftly, she could hear Luhan screaming in her direction.

"ASUNA! YOU COME BACK HERE RIGHT THIS INSTANT! YOU'LL DIE OUT THERE BY YOURSELF!"

"HA! I'm the most fearsome she-pirate in the seven seas, apparantly! I'll be fine! Oh, and thanks for the clothes!" She yelled back. Luhan shrieked in frustration, his hands pulling through his hair angrily.

"MEN! GET UP NOW! TURN THIS SHIP AROUND!" He wailed.

But it was too late. Asuna was swimming faster and faster in the other direction.

Unfortunately, something stopped her in her tracks.

"What IS that?" She whispered, treading water.

The horizon was cloudy and misty, but something was slowly emerging from the darkness.

And as it grew closer, she realized that it was a….

Pirate Ship.

Oh no. Maybe jumping from Luhan's ship hadn't been such a good idea after all.