Lost At Sea

A Pirate's Wife for Me

"Yo-ho, yo-ho, a pirates life for me." Asuna sang lowly, not very happen with the events of her day thus far.

Even now, she was still confused as to what had happened to her. Not only that, but a more pressing matter was upon her- how would she get home?

Not even five hours ago she had been sleeping soundly in her bed, awaiting her alarm clock that would go off at any minute. Now somehow she found herself in the middle of the ocean, struggling to row the small boat she was in.

The midday sun beat down onto her shoulders harshly, and she could feel her lips beginning to dry from her body's lack of water.

her lips thirstily, she wiped her forehead with the back of her hand.

"Let's see. I don't remember much from this morning. But I do know that after I jumped into that lake, I somehow ended up here." She rambled aloud, looking up to the sky.

 

For some reason, the only thing she could recall was jumping into the lake to save Donghae, one of her best friends from childhood. He had somehow fallen in (the reason currently had escaped Asuna's mind) and not being a very good swimmer, Asuna had been compelled to jump in after him.

The only problem was that as soon as she did, she had re-surfaced, only to find herself swimming in the middle of the ocean with not a shore in sight. Luckily for her, after a short twenty minutes of treading water, the lone boat had made its way into her sights, and she did not hesitate to paddle towards it.

 

Now she found herself pondering what exactly HAD happened.

"Hmm. Could it be that I perhaps knocked my head on something when I jumped in to save Donghae? Maybe I'm unconscious and am having a dream at this very moment. That would explain this odd situation." Asuna thought to herself.

She could not help but wonder if Donghae was ok or not. Had she saved him? Or had she been knocked unconscious before she could help? Donghae never had been much of a swimmer.

 

As the sun continued to beat down onto her shoulders, her white t-shirt began to grow sticky with sweat, clinging to her body with an uncomfortable feel.

"I knew I should have changed out of my pajamas before seeing Donghae this morning." She grumbled. Thankfully she had chosen short shorts, which left a cool breeze for her legs.

It wasn't a rare occurrence- her and Donghae meeting before the sun rose. It was more of an unsaid tradition between the two of them. Every Sunday morning they would simply 'happen' to meet each other on the high hill by the lake, and the two friends would watch the sunrise together. Coincidentally, this was how they had met as children.

But that was a story for another time.

 

"AISH!" Asuna threw down the paddles in frustration. Have you ever been stuck on a math problem for too long, and you feel like there is no way to solve it? The anger begins to build up inside until- BAM! Your pencil flies across the room and you leave to take a much needed break?

Unfortunately for Asuna, there was no escaping this math problem.

She leaned back into the boat angrily, and crossed her arms.

"How will I ever get back home? WHERE AM I?" She howled angrily, hands raking through her hair in a maddening fashion.

 

"Maybe I'm asleep? Maybe if I take a nap, I'll wake up next to Donghae? Yes, surely that must be the answer." She nodded, really just trying to find an excuse to take a break. Without hesitation, Asuna let her eyes drift shut slowly. She had originally thought that it would be difficult to fall asleep in this kind of situation, but before she knew it she was unconscious. The lull of the boat swaying back and forth, along with the sweet sound of the quiet waves was enough to rock her to sleep.

 

 

"Asuna?" In her drowsy state, Asuna was barely able to hear the voice that called out for her in the distance.

"Asuna? Wake up. Come to me, Asuna." The voice became louder, and clearer. It was definitely male, a deep, rich, almost velvety voice that soothed even the most angered part of her mind. Could it be Donghae? No, no. This was someone else.

"Asuna- I will protect you. Do not fear him- he cannot touch you unless he defeats me, which will never happen. Come back to me, Asuna."

What the hell? What was he talking about? Who was he talking about?

But before the stranger could speak again, Asuna's body shook violently, jerking awake.

It had been a dream.

 

To her dismay, she found that even after a nap she had not returned to the high hill by the lake. In fact, she was still stuck in the tiny row-boat that drifted in the middle of nowhere.

Only this time- it was pitch black. The only thing that Asuna could see was the faint light of the moon reflecting off of the water. It was even hard to see her own hand in front of her face.

Within moments, she began to panic. The reassuring light of day was no longer there to tell her that she was safe. Now, in the dark of night, anyone or anything could be lurking beside her.

 

Suddenly the boat rocked to the side, almost dislodging her body entirely from its safety. She grasped the sides tightly, knuckles clenching together.

Oddly enough, she did not hear the sea being violent at all around her. It was unusually quite. Too quite.

Had someone…jumped onto her boat? Was that why it had moved so suddenly?

That couldn't be right…there was no one around for miles. Or at least…she thought.

 

"I-is someone there?" Asuna found her courage, speaking out into the darkness. She did this often when she needed to confirm that no one was lurking in the dark.

When no one responded, her shoulders dropped down in relief, only to be seized suddenly from behind her.

Large, rough hands hooked under her armpits, lifting her up in one sudden motion. The action had her releasing a sudden howl that echoed into the night.

"W-who are you? Let go of me!" She croaked, suddenly paralyzed with fear.

Another set of hands grabbed her legs, lifting the rest of her body into the air. She twisted and turned violently, screaming loudly in the process.

"HELP! HELP ME!!" She howled, attempting to scratch her attackers with her nails.

Unfortunately, they seemed experienced in the art of kidnapping, and avoided each one of her blows with efficiency.

How exactly were they managing to kidnap her without capsizing the boat?

Asuna could feel her body being lifted, and then transferred to one person who easily slung her entire body over his shoulder.

She began to pound on his back with her fists, but he did not even flinch.

"LET ME DOWN! RIGHT NOW! IF YOU DON'T- I'LL…. I'll…" The threat ended when a voice suddenly emerged from the shadows.

"Or you'll do what?" A frightening voice came from the darkness, and Asuna was immediately thrown to the ground, earning a large gash across her back.

A stifled cry escaped her lips, not from fear, but pain. She had landed on something sharp.

She could already feel the blood escaping the wound, and absorbing into the white cloth of her t-shirt.

At the sound of her mangled cry, the scary voice burst out angrily.

"YOU FOOL! I CLEARLY remember telling you NOT to hurt her!" He threatened, and his voice shook Asuna down to her bones. It sent shivers down her spine…she felt that she had heard it before.

And finally, the clouds parted, letting the moons light illuminate the scene before her.

Her eyes widened slowly, as well as as it dropped open.

 

Before her stood six men.

But these men were far from ordinary. Far from normal.

As the moon shone down onto the large ship she had been involuntarily brought to, she could see a large, black flag waving in the air above the mast.

On it was a bleach white set of skull and bones.

The men all wore white, black or brown long sleeved, flannel shirts, paired with black leather pants, and dark colored boots.

Had she been kidnapped by... pirates?