Chanced

Perfectly Flawed

 

She was like the moon. Part of her was always hidden away.

 

9th December 2013

 

 

[From: Minji]

 

HURRY UP!

 

Hwayoung’s phone in her locker vibrated and she stopped looking for her book to read the message.

 

[To: Minji]

 

Chill. I’m coming. Give me 10!

 

[From: Minji]

 

Yeah yeah. You said that since class started an hour ago.

 

Laughing at her friend’s grumpiness, she put away her phone in her pocket and continued rummaging through her locker to find her notebook.

 

“Hello Hwayoung-ssi.”

 

A familiar voice interrupted as she turned around to see him flashing his most gorgeous smile at her, making her hold her breadth instinctively. “Hello Luhan-ssi. You’re early.”

 

“Hahah.” Luhan’s melodious chuckle rang through the empty corridoor as he pulled open his locker. “Well, you are early too.”

 

“I’m sure we are.” Closing his locker, Luhan walked up to her as the ‘early birds’ made their way for class together.

 

Upon opening the door, they could hear their lecturer’s voice echoing through the lecture hall. Luhan crouched himself low, beckoning Hwayoung to follow behind him as he stealthily sneaked into class. He passed by a empty seat and went further down till he found 2, taking the corner seat and gentlemanly pull out the chair for Hwayoung as she slipped in. Their actions were surprisingly perfectly in sync.

 

The couple remained quiet, trying to blend in with the rest of the students, hoping that the lecturer didn’t realize them. Then, Hwayoung’s phone vibrated once again, breaking the silence.

 

[From: Minji]

 

WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! ITS BEEN 20!!!

 

Keying a swift reply that she was behind her, Hwayoung put down her phone just in time to see Minji turned around to look at her. She gave her a small wave and when Minji was about to return her a similar wave, her hand froze in mid-air.

 

[From: Minji]

 

OH MY GOD. IS THAT EXO M’S LUHAN?

 

WHY ARE YOU SITTING WITH HIM.

 

HOW COME?

 

SINCE WHEN ARE YOU ALL FRIENDS?!

 

The non-stop vibrations made Hwayoung throw her phone back into her bag embarrassingly. She could feel Luhan giving her weird looks as she smiled back at him apologetically, afraid that she might be disturbing him.

 

“Is okay if you want to sit with your friend you know?” Luhan told her softly, “I can just sit here.”

 

“No is okay.” Hwayoung whispered back, “If I go down now, I would definitely have to answer one of those market research questions.”

 

“I’m not that smart to answer questions that I was not taught.”

 

“You mean you didn’t learn right? I’m quite sure he taught.” Luhan teased playfully.

 

“Yeah, I’m sure you too late-comer.” Hwayoung blew her bangs at him, showing off that she was equally witty as him and it earned a soft chuckle from Luhan. The demure-looking girl was definitely straight-forward. Just as he was about to give a reply, the front row turned around and hushed them angrily, annoyed at their constant whispering when they were already late for class.

 

The couple bit their lower lips and smiled sheepishly before looking at one another from the corner of their eyes, sniggering at their internal joke before attempting to pay attention in class.

 

However, before they could even focus their attention, the lecturer ended his class and everyone started to pack up.

 

“Holy , I swear I learnt a lot today.” Luhan looked at his notebook that was not even opened and exclaimed sacarstically.

 

“Me too.” Hwayoung second that, “its time to start studying.”

 

“Time to start studying.” Luhan said it at the same time as her before adding on, “You mean you need to start coming early?”

 

“Yeah, says the person who was late.” Hwayoung argued back as she packed her stuff.

 

“Yeah, I think you are the one that is always late.”

 

Hwayoung couldn’t believe her ears. Luhan actually noticed that she was always coming late to class. And she couldn’t deny that it actually feels good to be seen as she bit back her smile.

 

“Erm, hi?” Minji’s voice snapped Hwayoung out of thought.

 

“Hello.” Luhan replied coolly before standing up, ready to join his dork friends at the front. “Anyway are you guys going to club tonight?”

 

“You mean the clubbing event that the student council organised for our course?” Minji asked enthusiastically, happy that the most famous clique in their course was talking to her. Wells, them.

 

“Yeah, going?”

 

“I.. don’t know yet.” Hwayoung replied. She was not sure if she should skip work on a Friday night when the club was most packed. The chances of her getting tipped would be higher too. However, when she looked up at his twinkling doe eyes, she knew she wouldn’t be able to refuse anything he asked.

 

 “Just come. It will be fun.” Luhan urged, “My friends and I are going.”

 

“We will..”

 

“We will see how.” Hwayoung interrupted Minji before she could a confirmation

on her behalf. “It’s quite awkward for the two of us to go alone anyway. Everyone here has a big group of friends except us.”

 

Shrugging his shoulders coolly, Luhan told her as he pulled her phone from her hand. “Join us then. I’m sure my friends wouldn’t mind making new friends.”

 

“Text me if you are coming yeah?”

 

“See you girls!”

 

“See yah.” Minji waved to Luhan excitedly as they watched him join the rest of the boys that earned every girls’ attention in the lecture hall. They see how the boys fistpumped one another before walking out of the place with an unknown aura surrounding them that was sufficient to make every head turn their way.

 

“Since when do you know Luhan huh?” Planting herself beside Hwayoung, Minji hooked her arms around her friend’s shoulders and asked eagerly.

 

“Since when?” Hwayoung struggled free from her and slung her bag over her shoulders with a dark gaze enshrouding her eyes.

 

“I wonder when too.”

 


A filler chapter. Sorry for the lack of updates.

Enjoy!