Dated

Perfectly Flawed

 

I think things are beautiful when you don’t plan them, and you don’t have any expectations, and you’re not trying to get somewhere in particular.

 

8th February 2014

 

 

Standing outside the Lecture Hall, Hwayoung took in a deep breath before pushing the doors open. She knew there was no turning back. From the moment she earned the sum of money, there was no way she could turn back anymore. There was not a tinge of regret. Instead, she was excited about the trip with Luhan. But right now, she was more excited to see Luhan’s face when she appears before him because she had not tell him about her change of mind to Seattle.

 

When she finally stepped inside the place, her eyes found Luhan instinctively. However, the smile that she wore faded shortly after. The guy that she had been texting the past few weeks was talking to a girl who is slimmer and definitely prettier than her. Hwayoung knew that it probably meant nothing but she couldn’t help to feel upset by the scene.

 

It was just annoying to see people flirt with the person you like. It was even more annoying to see him flirts back. It made her question how he feels about her. It made her question if all those texting is a just a lie. It made her heart ache inside and it made her whole body feel pain. Especially after all that she had done.

 

Turning her back around, she picked a seat on the other end of the lecture hall and plucked in her earphones, waiting for the exchange briefing to begin. She wasn’t mad at Luhan, she just hated the fact that everytime his name lights up on her phone, she falls for him a little bit harder. But everytime her name lights up on her phone, she was just another person he talks to.

 

Slowly, her initial upset became an embarrassment at her own assumption. Just because Luhan and her had been texting, she had already thought that he might be interested in her. Just because it was Luhan then she forgot that guys are flirtatious by nature, just like those men in her workplace. They would always prefer the prettier girl, or the slimmer girl.

 

No one would fall in love with a broken soul like her.

 

“Someone is quite early today.” Hwayoung felt her earphones being plucked out and she turned around to see Luhan sitting beside her, giving her that smile of his that made her lose her train of thoughts instantly.

 

“Of course.” She regained her composure and nodded her head.

 

“I thought you are not coming?” Luhan asked eagerly, clearly couldn’t contain the excitement that his eyecandy was going on an exchange with him. Initially, he thought she had stopped talking to him because for the whole weekend, she didn’t reply his message. But when he spotted her in the room, he came over right away.

 

“I changed my mind.” Hwayoung glanced at the girl whom he was talking to earlier to meet with her glare. “And anyway I don’t think your girlfriend looks very happy with you being here.”

 

“My…girlfriend?” Luhan furrowed his eyebrows and looked at the direction that she was looking at, breaking into a laugh right away. “Since when am I attached and I didn’t know about it?”

 

Before Hwayoung could give any reply, the briefing began. She wasn’t sure if it was the suggested itenary the school gave that made her feel excited or the fact that Luhan drew a clear line between the girl and him, she just couldn’t stop smiling. Even when she handed over the hardearned cheque, her smile was still visible on her face.

 

“Stop smiling. You are going to get a face cramp.” Luhan told Hwayoung as they walked towards the school gate together. He himself couldn’t stop smiling too. To be able to walk beside his eyecandy, it was beyond a dream come true. And as he neared the school gate, he got gradually nervous. It was now or never.

 

“I don’t mind getting a face cramp.” Hwayoung rubbed her cheeks and laughed.

 

Taking a deep breath, Luhan stopped in his tracks and looked into the girl’s eyes earnestly. “Wanna have lunch together? Maybe we can catch a movie after.”

 

“Why not?” Hwayoung smiled back at Luhan and he had to force himself from smiling too widely, but he failed terribly.

 

“Stop smiling Luhan, you’re going to get a face cramp.”

 

-

 

[To: Rae]

 

Lunch was great! We are heading for movie now. Wish me luck!!

 

[From: Rae]

 

Awww. You guys are so cute! Sehun and I are heading to Blackbox later but he looks so tired.

 

[To: Rae]

 

You two club everyday, I would be surprised if he is not tired.

 

[From: Rae]

 

Yeayea, says the one who clubs everyday too.

 

Luhan messaged his best friend as he waited for his date who went to the ladies. Lunch with Hwayoung went much better than he had expected. Through their conversation he found out that Hwayoung is different from the girls he brings home every night. They are those type of people who try very hard to impress others but in the bargain, lose their identity. But for Hwayoung, she is someone who had discovered throwing herself all over guys, asking them out and flirting with them isn’t going to help her get a boyfriend. It’s the waiting, the times when she was nearly going to give up because she had done trying then someone would notice her. And that is what she is waiting for because she doesn’t want to be someone’s option, she wants to be a choice, a conscious decision.

 

He had to admit her words impressed him. He hadn’t expect that she had this side to her and he could feel himself liking her a little more. Holding onto the popcorn and drinks, he walked towards the girl who just came out of the toilet. They went into the cinema and soon, the movie started.

 

Luhan was experience with making out girls but he was not experience with dating. Throughout the movie, he was worried that Hwayoung wouldn’t like the movie he picked. But when he saw her watching intently, he heaved a sigh of relief and started to focus on the movie. Till someone tapped him on the shoulder then he tore his glance away from the screen.

 

“Excuse me, your girlfriend fell asleep.” A girl pointed to the girl who had dozed off on her boyfriend’s shoulders.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry!” Luhan apologized quickly. “Do you mind to lightly put her on my shoulders? Sorry about it.”

 

When her head touched his shoulders, Luhan turned slightly to check if she was awake. But Hwayoung was deep asleep that she even snuggled deeper into the crook of his neck. He couldn’t help but to laugh inwardly before covering her jacket over her.

 

“Oh my god. I’m so sorry Luhan!” Hwayoung apologized as they walked down the streets of Seoul. She couldn’t believe that she fell asleep on their first date. But, she was really tired. She barely slept a wink the past weekend. The man who paid her continuously ed her, giving her no chance to rest.

 

“Hahah, don’t apologize to me. Apologize to the other guy instead.” Luhan laughed heartily. He just found the entire incident too hilarious. Hwayoung sleeping on another guy’s shoulder and his girlfriend had to tap him because she was sleeping too soundly.

 

Hwayoung really wanted to dig a hole in the ground and bury herself inside right now. Other than sorry, she didn’t know what else to say to Luhan. She screwed up their first outing together big time and Luhan was already nice enough to send her home. If it was other guys, they probably would have strand her inside the cinema.

 

“I had fun today.” Luhan stopped when Hwayoung suddenly stopped in her track. He looked behind her to see a apartment and he figured that she had reached home. “Thank you for coming out with me.”

 

Hanging her head, Hwayoung bit her lower lips. She was quite sure Luhan was being sacarstic because no girls would ever fall asleep on their first date with him. And she, Im Hwayoung is the first and she must have embarrassed him.

 

“And I’m not being sacarstic.”

 

Hwayoung head shot up right away, causing Luhan to laugh again. “How did you know…”

 

“I don’t care, you better not sleep during our next movie.” Luhan warned her playfully. “I don’t want to watch movie alone anymore.”

 

Blinking her eyes, Hwayoung was unsure if she had understood his words right. Because she was quite sure, he was hinting her for another movie date.

 

“So.. you better sleep early tonight for our movie date tomorrow okay?”

 

“Okay.” Hwayoung nodded her head as she mumbled softly. Her heart was beating so loudly that if Luhan came any nearer, he would be able to hear it.

 

“Goodnight Hwayoung.”

 

“Goodnight Luhan.”

 

With that, Hwayoung turned and disappeared into the apartment, failing to hear the sigh that escape from Luhan’s lips.

 

For the first time in the night, he didn’t want to kiss a girl goodbye. And that was the trouble.

 

He wanted to kiss her goodnight.

 

And there’s a lot of difference.


Things will be unfolding. Soon.

Enjoy!