Bumped

Perfectly Flawed

 

Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn your house, you can never tell.

 

9th February 2014

 

 

[From: Rae]

 

Good morning. Just saw your message. Your outfit looks fine.

 

Luhan fished out his phone from his pocket and keyed in a reply quickly before putting it back in his pocket.

 

[To: Rae]

 

I sent you that picture 2 hours ago. I’m already out of house hello.

 

[From: Rae]

 

Chill yo. Hwayoung will like everything you wear my dear Lu-ye.

 

Despite rolling his eyes at his best friend’s text, he couldn’t hide the smile that was spreading across his face. Just as he was about to reply Raelynn, the front door of Hwayoung’s apartment pulled open and he locked his phone right away.

 

“Hello.” Luhan greeted the girl cheerfully as he eyed her from top to toe. The girl wore a dark blue knee-length dress which he thought she looks really pretty in. “I hope you slept well last night?”

 

“I did.” Hwayoung stuck out her tongue at him playfully. She couldn’t get used to how Luhan was waiting for her outside her house like this. It was like a dream come true for her. “I definitely won’t sleep during the movie later.”

 

“Hahah. We shall see!” Luhan as they boarded his car towards Myeongdong to catch a movie together. Although both of them could sense that they were being shy around each other, the atmosphere wasn’t awkward at all. Instead, it was quite electrifying for the both of them as they secretly stole glances at one another during the movie, and how their hands would brush on one another’s when they take the popcorn.

 

“Luckily the man beside you didn’t tap me today.” Luhan placed his hand over his heart and pretended to sigh in relief causing Hwayoung to hit him lightly. Giggling at her angry looking face, he swiftly poked her sides causing her to shun as she attempted to hit him again. As the couple got a little physical with one another, a phonecall broke the loving ambience.

 

Hwayoung waited patiently beside Luhan as he picked up the phone. Occasionally, he would look at her and smile as he gave simple acknowledgement to the caller.

 

“I will let you know again.” Hanging up the phonecall, Luhan looked up at Hwayoung to see her looking back at him. Instinctively, he gulped.

 

“Everything alright?” She asked. The phonecall somehow gave her an uneasy feeling.

 

Nodding his head, Luhan comforted her. “Everything’s fine. Kris is asking me to club tonight.”

 

“Oh.. Go ahead. I can go home by myself.” Hwayoung didn’t want to show her disappointment that their date had to end just like that. She spent the entire night thinking about today, about what they would do after movies but looks like they would not be doing anything she had imagined.

 

“Let’s go for dinner first. I will send you home after.” Luhan led the way to the restaurant and they took their dinner. However, halfway through the dinner, Luhan changed his mind. He didn’t want to send Hwayoung home, he didn’t want her to go.

 

“Do you want to come along with me?” He asked as they walked out of the restaurant. “I will get Xiumin to bring Minji if you are afraid that it would be awkward.”

 

“Or.. I can ask a few other friends from our university to come over too?”

 

Luhan’s continual suggestion made Hwayoung difficult to refuse. A part of her didn’t want to go to a club but another part of her didn’t want to end the date on a bad note. In the end, she nodded her head, giving in to his plea.

 

“I will go with you.”

 

However, the moment she stepped into Luhan’s lifestyle, she really didn’t like it. She disliked the guys in the club casually touching girls that were half-drunk. It was just like her workplace; girls being treated as objects. And, she also disliked how the Exo-M members talk about girls, occasionally linking Luhan with them, especially a girl called Raelynn.

 

The feeling of hearing her crush being coupled with other girls simply just spoilt Hwayoung’s mood for the night. It wasn’t helping when her best friend, Minji was holding hands with Xiumin, gazing into each other’s eyes lovingly. It just made her feel so lonely in this crowded place.

 

And it simply made her feel upset.

“Guys, we will leave first.” Xiumin stood up and held onto Minji who was already half-drunk protectively.

 

“You sure? Need my help?” Hwayoung offered kindly as she stood up, unaware that she was also swaying with liqour she had downed cups after cups in order to get rid of the way she felt.

 

Nodding his head, Xiumin declined her offer and left. Immediately, Luhan stood up and patted her shoulder, assuring her that Minji would be safe. That sudden skinship sent adrenaline rush surging through her veins as her face grew hot. If it wasn’t for the club setting, everyone would probably seen her bright pink face.

 

“I’m going to.. the toilet.” She excused herself quickly.

 

“I will go with you.” Luhan offered. He realized that she had drank quite a fair bit today and with her given state, she would fall as a prey for the hungry lions inside the club. Without giving her a chance to refuse, he held her by her wrist as he cleared the crowd ahead till they reached the toilet then he let go.

 

“I will wait for you here.”

 

Luhan leaned against the toilet door, watching the people around him come and go till he caught sight of a blonde man entering the club. He wasn’t sure if it was his height that attracted his attention or his sharp features that made him look oddly familiar, either way he felt that he had seen this guy somewhere before. He watched how the man stood at the entrance, casually looking around before heading towards the bar.

 

Before he could figure out who that man was, Hwayoung stepped out of the washroom and Luhan went up to hold her arms. However, the girl refused.

 

“I’m fine.” Hwayoung told him coldly. She regretted coming to the club with him. If she hadn’t, she probably wouldn’t know that she was just another girl that Luhan texts. Then maybe, she wouldn’t feel this disappointed.

 

“Let me hold you. With this state of yours the guys here will definitely lay their hands on you.” Luhan insisted as he held onto her shoulder.

 

“Including you?” With the liqour in her, the two words came out of instinctively, sounding harsher than it would be.

 

Hwayoung’s words made Luhan furrowed his eyebrows immediately. It was clear that the teasing that Exo-M made earlier had caused Hwayoung to be mistaken. Holding her firmly, he turned her around and told her seriously. “I’m a flirt, but when I’m in a relationship, I’m one faithful and loyal person.”

 

“Loyal?” Hwayoung scoffed, “You can never be loyal if you club everyday.”

 

“If I’m attached I will stop clubbing for the girl.” Luhan was also getting heated up. He didn’t want her to misunderstand him, not even a single bit. Looking into her eyes, he replied confidently. “I will not do anything to let her feel insecure in anyway.”

 

“Because she deserves all of my attention, and only mine.”

 

His sincere words and intense stare cause Hwayoung to be dumbfounded. Although the music was blasting behind them, she could hear her own heartbeat loud and clear. The adrenaline rush that came from that indirect confession caused her to be slightly light headed as they continued to look at each other like they were about to kiss.

 

Luhan too, had felt the electrifying tension between them. He likes Hwayoung but he wasn’t going to let their relationship escalate so quickly. He wants to take it slow because she deserves all of his attention.

 

“I will take you home.” Clearing his throat, Luhan broke the silence. Hwayoung nodded her head and followed Luhan out of the club. He didn’t shy away from their close proximity but instead, laced his fingers with hers as they walked out.

 

Although tonight there was no one accompanying Luhan for the night but he knows he will fall asleep remembering every time that he should have kissed her. Holding her hands tightly, he braved pass the crowd as his eyes instinctively fall on the familiar looking man who was pulling away from snogging a red haired girl.

 

And that moment he finally recalled who he was.

 

Raelynn’s boyfriend, Oh Sehun.


Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been really busy and I'm sick recently so I couldn't write.

This chapter took me 3 days to complete. /:

Enjoy!