A Surprise Lunch Basket

The Tale of Snow White
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun entered to his workplace 10 minutes late. Siwon was displeased with his late presence. "You're late, Kyuhyun," he scolded. Kyuhyun bowed politely and apologized. "Joesung-hamnida! I have an important matter to care."

"And what is the important matter?" asked Siwon.

"It's very hard to explain now," replied Kyuhyun. 

"I still need your explanation why you're late," Siwon still persuade him to tell. Kyuhyun explained about Baek Seol staying in his house. "Mianhe, Kyuhyun. I don't accept that as an excuse. Whether a girl makes a disaster in the morning, you have no excuse to come to work late." 

Just then, a phone call came and Siwon answered it. After a few seconds, he puts down the phone. "I have to go for an appointment now. Go back to your workplace. The next time you're late again, you're fired. Is that understood?" 

"Ne, boss," said Kyuhyun. He got up and left the CEO's office. Kyuhyun grumbles about Baek Seol after getting a scolding from Siwon as he walked to his desk. Baekhyun, who was beside him, notices his grumpy expression. "What's the matter, hyung? Got fired at by the boss for coming late?" 

"Then, what else does it look like?" Kyuhyun shot back. 

"Relax, hyung. There's no need to feel grumpy in the morning," said Baekhyun. Kyuhyun sighed and went on with his work. 

 

Back in the house, Baek Seol was watching some shows on Kyuhyun's TV. She enjoys clicking every buttons on the remote. "Wow! This is like a magic box or something. Everytime I press a new button, a new picture comes up." 

Suddenly, she thought of an idea on how to make Kyuhyun feel better. She plans to cook a meal for Kyuhyun. She opens the fridge and scan for something to cook. Inside, there are some eggs, butter, leftover rice, apples, lettuces, a jar of mayonnaise and ham in the freezer. "I know! I shall make some sandwiches and bring them over to Kyuhyun," she announces to herself. 

She took down some ham, cheese, lettuces, the bottle of mayonnaise and bread and place them on the kitchen counter. She also found a knife and spoon and she got on with her work. "I do hope Kyuhyun will like these." 

After she made the sandwiches, she places them in a basket. She wanted to leave the house, taking the basket along with her. However, she has no idea where Kyuhyun is working. She decide to call the doves passing by for help. When the doves heard her singing voice, they flew to the window. "Please help me take this basket to Kyuhyun. Hold them carefully," she told them. The doves took the basket from her hands and flew off. 

 

In the office, Siwon was introducing two new employees to the other employees. "Everyone, this is Sunny and Minho. They're our new employee. Please make them feel welcome." He turn to the new employees. "Good luck on your first day of work."

Sunny and Minho introduced themselves. One of the employees' showed them to their desks. "Didn't expect that we have new employees here. I like the new girl. She's hot,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter