EPILOGUE: With you, I'm complete

The Truth: Hidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[3 Years Later]

3 months after that beautiful proposal, we got married at our house that we shared after moving in together. It was a beatiful wedding filled with our family and friends- private beautiful wedding; just the way we wanted. The ring was a plain 15 carat gold ring that was designed by JMB as a one of a kind ring- it was the ring that i wanted after talking to this old man that was sitting by the bench in the park, feeding the swans.

[Flashback park]

I was just strolling one day when i decided to sit at bench by the pond resevoir and came a man who sat next to me. I smiled and gave him space to sit. I stared at the swans paddling their way through and birds chirping. I was looking to the side and saw this man played around with his ring- it was weird but i was curious about this man.

"Morning Sir. I don't mean to meddle in your leisure time, but may i ask about your wife?", I smiled.

"Its okay, miss..."

"call me Dara"

"Dara", He said with a smile, "my wife passed away nearly 10 years ago and this, as you can see, is our wedding ring. Back in the day, I couldn't afford her those diamond rings but only can give her a simple golden plain ring. When she married me, she told me that the ring is worth more than a diamond because it was the ring that i carefully chose, when thinking about her. She loved her ring so much that she told the give her ring one day to our child, unfortunately, we were not able to bear a child hence the ring was left with no heir. Until to this day, her ring is the once i wear around my neck because that ring was the only thing that made me feel like she is here with me"- that man spoke with such loving words of his wife. Over the months, i would casually invite him out for breakfast as well as he would by inviting me for social gatherings. The old man, Mr. Baptiste, became so fond of me that he called my parents that he would like to name me as his child. My parents have met him and they have strongly became close- I have introduce Tabi to Mr.Baptiste when he visits me in UK.

Unfortunately, in my final year, Mr Baptiste was dying of old age and i have never left his bedside and was there for him throughout.

I was in the room, holding Mr.Baptiste's frail hands with my family and his lawyer behind me.

"My Child, My beautiful child, Dara. If my wife, Marie, was here, i am sure she would love you as much as i do. Having you as my daught

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter