will

Perhaps, Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Life still goes on even if Sehun’s world was slowly breaking down bit by bit. Pushing open his office door, Sehun headed to his armchair and sat down. Like as always, the coffee was prepared and in the middle of his table, there were documents waiting for him to read and to be approved.

Leaning back against the chair, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He had never been so exhausted before and it was only until now that he realised his life had been nothing but a routine. Regrets filled him slowly as he recalled those times when he should be at home with Soojung and Minsoo instead of being in the office.

He never realised what he had been missing all along until it was gone, regrets always came last and there was nothing he could do about it. Taking the photo frame on his table, there was a sad smile as he caressed it with his thumb gently, it was a picture of the three of them in the park.

All of them had a bright smile on their face but Sehun remembered how he was called back to work because of an emergency in the company. Soojung had been understanding but there was no way that she could hide the disappointment.

Honestly, what has he had been doing all this while?

 

 

The both of them had first met at a function for the rich and famous. Socialising had been something that Sehun wasn’t particularly fond of but he didn’t have any choice that day since no one else was free to attend this on his behalf.

With a champagne flute in his hand and the occasional sips, he looked around for someone familiar to hang out with. In this sort of function, everyone had put careful thoughts in their dressing. Despite the laughter and smiles, none of them were sincere.

This was a stage and everyone here was an actor, each move was calculated with hidden intention. Such was the world Sehun had lived in and he hated it, never being able to get used to it but he learnt to adapt.

As he was putting down his champagne flute on the table that was when he saw her. In a striking red dress that showed her off perfectly with her hair that reached the small of her back, she was so beautiful that Sehun’s heart had just stopped slightly.

Sehun had never believed in love much less love at first sight but meeting Soojung had changed his views as he approached the woman who he would eventually marry.

Their wedding had been handled by Soojung because Sehun had been too busy with work. Their marriage had been happy, Minsoo was an unexpected surprise since they didn’t want to have children at such an early stage in their marriage.

But Soojung had a smile on her face as she took Sehun’s hands and placed it on her belly. “This is a gift from God to us – “

“But what about your job?” Sehun asked.

Shaking her head, “My job isn’t as important compared to building our family.”

Sehun had kissed her on the lips, thanking her and promising her that he will be a better husband to her. But sadly, that promise never did come true.

 

 

The day when Soojung got into an accident had been the day when Sehun finally got time off. He had planned for them to spend a day at the theme park to make up those time when he couldn’t accompany them.

Just as they were about to head out, Soojung got a call from her agency, telling her that she had a new offer. Sehun had told her to head to the agency first as he sent her off with a kiss. But what he didn’t expect was that will be the last time that he would see her smile and hear her beautiful voice.

If he had known, he would have asked her to postpone going back to the agency. If he had known, he would put in more effort in loving Soojung for all the sacrifices that she had made.  

If only he had known but he didn’t. 

 

 

His musing were cut short when his office door was pushed open. Baekhyun walked into his office with Minsoo in his arms.

“Daddy!” Minsoo greeted him. His arms reaching for Sehun who carried him as he thanked Baekhyun. Kissing his cheeks, there was a soft smile that only appeared when he was with Soojung and Minsoo. Now that Soojung wasn’t able to shower her love on Minsoo, Sehun had to love his baby son more to make up for it.

“Are you going to visit Soojung now?” Baekhyun asked, taking a seat in front of him. “If you aren’t, I will just – “

“I am going – “

“Mr Workaholic is taking a break?” Baekhyun widened his eyes in disbelief and Sehun rolled his eyes at his exaggerated action.

“It just that I realised I have been missing out on a lot of things in life.” Sehun said softly, so softly that Baekhyun would probably miss it if it was so quiet in the room.

St

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter