always

Perhaps, Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sehun woke up to a smiling Minsoo who was peppering his face with kisses, a smile was on Sehun’s face as he squeezed Minsoo’s cheeks before placing a kiss on both of them. It was at times like this when Sehun was more than grateful for Minsoo. Otherwise, he really wouldn’t know how he was going to continue on with his life.

“Daddy! Uncle Baek is here,” Minsoo informed him before scooting closer to whisper. “He says that he is cooking but I feel like he is tearing our kitchen down.”

“I heard that!” Baekhyun appeared at Sehun’s bedroom doorway, wearing a pink flowery apron and looking very much at home.

Covering his mouth, Minsoo widened his eyes to appear as innocent as he could. Baekhyun ruffled his hair fondly, knowing that there was no way that he could get angry at Minsoo for long. “Are you working today?”

“It is Saturday so I am planning to tie up all the loose ends and taking break after that,” Sehun rubbed his eyes as he yawned. Swinging his legs to the side of the bed, he got up with Minsoo in his arms. He placed his Minsoo in his chair first before sitting down and starting on his breakfast. “By the way, do remember to clean up the mess here.”

“Brat,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 

 

Sehun’s initial intention was to bring Minsoo along with him when he was visiting Soojung but Baekhyun had brought his son out to take a breather. Maybe it would do Minsoo good since he could feel his son getting slightly clingier when he wasn’t so in the past.

He reckoned this was probably his son’s way of being afraid that Sehun would leave him alone just how Soojung did. He sighed, turning the doorknob into Soojung’s ward. As his usual routine, he changed the flowers in the vase before going over to Soojung’s bed.

Brushing Soojung’s hair away from her face, Sehun bent down and placed a kiss on her forehead before sitting down beside her. He started his one sided conversation beginning with how he was woke up by Minsoo’s kisses.

Eventually, he had nothing more to say as he looked at his sleeping wife. After a while more, Sehun made his way out of the ward. He was about to head out when he saw the boy yesterday, his face streaked with tears as he sat alone.

Strangely, for someone who never took notice of anyone who wasn’t of any importance, Sehun remembered Luhan vividly. He wasn’t a nosey person by nature but in his darkest time, Luhan had been the one who gave him a glimmer of hope to cling to. The least he could do was to repay him back for the hope that Luhan had given him.

“Thank you for yesterday,” Sehun told him as he took out his handkerchief and gave it to Luhan. His face was as cold as always, not letting anyone have a glimpse of what he was truly feeling.

“It’s nothing,” Luhan was hesitant in taking the handkerchief and eventually, decided not to take it. Firstly, he didn’t know the person well enough and secondly, the handkerchief looked to be extremely expensive. Lifting his head up, Luhan saw a pair of dull and emotionless eyes, much like the dead.  "I don't need the handkerchief."

Sehun didn't reply him as he kept his handkerchief before sitting down beside the boy, "I wanted to thank you for bringing Minsoo that day."

"It is nothing," Luhan shook his head. "It is something that anyone would do and your son is really cute."

"Yes, he is, isn't he?" A soft smile was on Sehun's face at the mention of Minsoo and Luhan marvelled at how it managed to change his face drastically. For a minute there, Luhan was simply struck by the love and affection in his eyes and how handsome the man was. 

He was quickly broken out of his musing when a nurse waved him over, Luhan excused himself and made his way to the nurse. 

 

Judging by the conversation, it didn't appear to go very well as Sehun crossed his legs. Sehun should be on his way back home, settling his endless tasks but he didn't know why he simply didn't want to move from this spot. Maybe he was simply tired and he needed a place to unwind and the boy was comforting. 

In front of everyone else, Sehun was a man who was able to handle anything that life throw at him. He looked to so strong that no matter what happened, he could simply keep going but that wasn't the truth. After all, he was a human and everyone will get tired at one point in their life. Letting this boy having a glimpse of him breaking down wasn't part of the plan but he guessed that was why he felt so at ease with him. 

After all, the boy had already seen his worst side so there wasn't any prete

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter