I

Perhaps, Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Memories and, perhaps, a little regret was what he felt whenever he looked at Soojung. She was possibly the most beautiful woman that Sehun had ever known but now, without her vibrancy, Soojung looked just a doll. A living and breathing doll with tubes inserted into her, helping her live.

His wife who was as still as beautiful as a painting and Sehun’s heart clenched painfully whenever he thought of the possibility that Soojung was never going to open her eyes and smile at him again. Sehun still remembered the day when he received the phone call from the hospital to inform him that his wife was involved in a car accident.

His heart filled with unease as he sat outside of the operating theatre with his son, waiting for Soojung to come out. His son had been crying as Sehun tried his hardest to comfort him. But children were often more sensitive than adults, Minsoo had sensed that the atmosphere wasn’t right and so he expressed it in the best way he known.

Patting him on his back, Sehun comforted him saying that his mother will be fine but he didn’t dare to make any promises. After 2 hours or so, Minsoo finally fell asleep in his arms and Sehun dialled Baekhyun's number.

“Baek?” Sehun rubbed his hand over his face. “I need you to come to the hospital – “

“What happened?” Baekhyun’s drowsiness went away immediately when he heard how weary Sehun had sounded over the phone.

“I will tell you everything later but I need you to come to the hospital to bring Minsoo home.” Sehun patted Minsoo on his back when he felt his son moving. 

“Which hospital?” Baekhyun was already out of his bed, dressing himself as he was talking to Sehun.

“Seoul National University Hospital,” Sehun told him. “Baek, thanks.”

“You know that there isn’t a need to thank me for this,” Baekhyun chided him softly. “I’ll be there in ten to fifteen minutes.”

 

 

Just as Baekhyun showed up, the operating theater’s door swung open. With Minsoo in his arms, Sehun hurried to the doctor. “Was the operation a success? Is Soojung going to be okay?”

“I need to speak to you, Mr. Oh. Please follow me to my office.” The doctor had told him instead of assuring him that Soojung was fine. It filled Sehun with dread as he followed the doctor with Baekhyun behind.

None of them said anything until they reached the doctor’s office and the doctor gestured for them to take a seat. By now, Baekhyun had already more or less understood the situation. Sneaking a glance at Sehun, he saw that his friend’s eyes were bloodshot, looking very much like a walking corpse.

How long had it been since Sehun last sleep? Baekhyun didn't know but he was going to get Sehun to sleep first thing after everything was over. Folding his hands and placing it on his laps, Baekhyun felt the doctor was thinking up of ways on how to best break the news to them. It was never easy to deliver bad news e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter