long backstory is long

patchwork

i thought a backstory would be nice

uh yeah

tell me what you like and what you dont like because i'm getting to the end of what i have written

... yup

oh yeah warning, his one has in it too

 



    Wonsik had known Jongin since kindergarten. Jongin had a hard time remembering Wonsik's name so he called him Ravi. His excuse was that he thought his friend just looked like a Ravi. In a mild form of retaliation, Wonsik started calling him Kai. Because his mouth was as big as the ocean.

    Wonsik learned early on never to express his desires around the other boy because whenever he said he wanted something, the next day Jongin would have one.

    Jongin was also a selfish friend and would never let him play with the other kids, monopolizing all of his time. Wonsik figured that it was because he knew what a bad friend he was and didn't want Wonsik to leave him alone.

    They spent their days outside of school with just the two of them poking bugs, riding bikes and playing video games. On the outside, they looked like the bestest pals anyone could be. In all actuality, Wonsik was lonely.

    All this changed in the first grade. Just after Christmas break, the teacher introduced a new student. He was short with a perpetual cowlick, massive eyes and a terrified expression on his face. The teacher put him next to Wonsik.

    "Hi." Ravi said quietly. "I'm Wonsik."

    Kai saw that Wonsik wanted him as a friend and as per usual, had to have him first.

He asked Kyungsoo to sit with them for lunch, completely shocking Wonsik. After that it was a matter of time before Kai paid less and less attention to his friend. Kyungsoo on the other hand kept trying to include the other boy as much as he could.

    As a result, Wonsik grew fonder and fonder of Kyungsoo over the years until he realized what the warm fluttery feeling was in his chest. He wasn't sure how he felt... liking another guy. He also wasn't sure how Kyungsoo would react. Maybe he didn't even like boys. He knew better than to talk to Kai about this too.

    He eventually decided to go online and asked a group of strangers. The consensus was that he'd never know until he tried. Just before his freshman year in high school started, he decided with the help of his online friends how he was going to ask Kyungsoo out.

He was going to take the boy on a date: dinner, watch the sunset from the ledge over town and then ask him.

    Just before he picked up the phone to call (because a text wouldn't do in this situation according to his friend Hyuk) He got a text from Kyungsoo that said

 

From :Soo

Kai just asked me out

 

From: Ravi

what did you say?  

 

From :Soo

  I was waiting for someone else, but I don't think he'll ever ask so I said yes.

 

From: Ravi

  Good for you

    He was crushed, but he'd put on a good face. He wanted to tell him that it would end in disaster, but he wasn't thinking clearly.

    He went online and told his friends. He also told them that he didn't think he could watch them being all romantic with each other.

    They convinced him that he just needed to step away from them for a while. Fortunately, he found out that his new friends were all going to be going to the same high school the following autumn.

    They met up for the first time that summer when they decided to set up a camping trip. That summer was Ravi’s first for a lot of things. His first kiss was with Hakyeon. Then the others decided they’d try to one up each other and prove to their new friend that they were the best kisser.

    He figured he’d give them all a second chance which led to the winner giving Wonsik his first . By the time they got back to civilisation the following Monday, Ravi had a handful of new hickies and seventeen missed messages and calls.

    Ravi picked up the phone and wanted to text Kyungsoo but sent a mass text inviting his new friends over to watch a movie or something instead. By the time everyone had piled into the living room and picked a playlist of movies to watch, there was a knock at the door.

    “Hey Ken, can you get that?” Ravi asked from the kitchen.

    “Why do I have to get the door?” He asked in a voice that sounded like a cross between an old woman and a petulant child.

    “You expecting someone?” Hyuk asked. Ravi just shrugged while shoving popcorn in his mouth and sitting on the couch.

    “Can i help you?” Ken asked as he stared at the smaller boy with huge eyes. Kyungsoo pushed his way into Ravi’s house without speaking and stood in between Ravi and the tv.

    “Oh hey.” Ravi said trying to sound nonchalant. “Movie’s starting. Have a seat.” Ken sat next to Ravi. Ravi threw his arm over the older boy’s shoulder. Ken snuggled against Ravi looking to the whole world as if they’d known each other forever instead of a week (not including internet time).

    “I was worried half to death that something had happened to you like you were dead in a ditch or something and here you are with these … is he seriously giving that guy a on your couch?”

    Ravi stared at Hakyeon and Taekwoon for a moment before clearing his throat. “You make a mess, I’m gonna ing kill you guys.” if anyone actually looked, it was obvious that Hakyeon was just rummaging through Taekwoon’s pocket.

    “Take it to the bathroom at least” Jaehwan said.

    “Last time they did that, we had to patch up N’s split lip because he tried to mount Leo like a chihuahua in heat.” Hyuk said.

    “Good times~~.” Hakyeon purred.

    “Have fun with your freakshow.” Kyungsoo pouted before leaving.

    “And he was never heard from again.” Hakyeon grinned as he pulled a twenty out of Leo’s jeans before using his phone to buy pizza. “Leo’s buying us pizza!”

    “And Hyung is going to my .” Taekwoon said softly.

    “Gladly!” Hakyeon grinned before handing Ravi the money and pulling Taekwoon to the bathroom. They found out quickly that Taekwoon was not at all quiet when his was involved.

    

    As all wonderful things do, summertime ended and school started again. They were at the bottom of the heap but they had each other. Occasionally, Wonsik would see Kyungsoo or Jongin around, but for the most part they stuck to themselves.

    Kyungsoo and Jongin had their own sets of firsts and were rumoured to have had super secret ninja in just about every room on campus.

    It didn’t hurt any less over the years to hear stories about Kyungsoo, but he managed to enjoy high school well enough. Wonsik learned that he had a knack for writing and he enjoyed more, varied types of music than ever before. Almost everyone in their group learned how to play an instrument. Taekwoon played keyboard, Jaehwan played drums and occasionally sang, Hakyeon was learning guitar and Sanghyuk learned the bass.

    They tried playing different types of music with varying amounts of success until they were finally asked to play a couple songs at the biggest house party thrown by a senior. This was their last hurrah before college and they played their hearts out before they got to join the party.

    Wonsik was on his third strong rum and coke before a familiar person sat next to him.

    “We need to talk, Ravi.” Kyungsoo said. His head was a little wobbly and he was obviously drunk.

    “What do we need to talk about?”

    “About our friendship that we need to res- salvate- sal- save. We need to save our friendship. I can’t go to college without staying friends with you. Kai is an a uh selfish, jealous prick.

    “I know. He always takes what i want before i can even get it.”

    “Oh yeah? like what?”

    “Everything. my bike, my boyfriend… I couldda had a boyfriend for- I’m gonna shut up now.”

    “Instead he es to this hot new model named Lee Hongbin… who is totally hot by the way.” Sanghyuk said as he walked past.

    “I’d him…” Jaehwan said, walking the other way. “then again, i’d Ravi as soon as possible too…”

    “Aww thanks Ken.” Ravi grinned.

    He threw an "again" over his shoulder before running off before Ravi could smack him on the .

    "What's he mean again?" Kyungsoo looked slightly jealous.

    "Sometimes when we're bored, we around. Nothing serious."

    "So. .. Not a relationship?"

    "Just friends."

    "Shikie... Why did you leave us? Just all of a sudden you weren't there."

    "I couldn't stay. I think it'd break my heart seeing what I could have had if I had asked sooner."

    "Are you saying you had a crush on Kai?" He asked loudly.

    " no." Ravi replied. Kyungsoo sat there for a moment and thought about it. He turned to Ravi,  pulling on the lapels of his jacket, catching him off guard and kissing him.

    He never gave Ravi a chance to argue before climbing into his lap and kissing him harder. His knees bracketed the taller man's hips and he ground against him. This brought Ravi back down to earth for a moment.

    "What are we doing?" He whispered. They were in their own little world and never realised that someone had taken a photo of them.

    "You're absolutely right. Let's go find us a bedroom." Kyungsoo pulled Wonsik up the stairs. He was going to argue, but then the drunk side of his brain told him that this might be his only chance to have with Do Kyungsoo, so he let the other pull his shirt off.

    They weren't sure whose room They ended up in but they were thankful for the condoms and lube in the drawer of the night stand nonetheless.

    Kyungsoo seemed confused with how gently Wonsik was treating him.

    "What are you doing?"He asked.

    "Called . And this is called your ." He said before mouthing at the head of his . Kyungsoo arched as he gripped the blankets under himself. He bit his lip hard in attempt to be quiet. "Go ahead, make noise. Tell everyone how much you're enjoying yourself." Ravi said as he pulled away to look at Kyungsoo’s face as he prepared him. The smaller man let out a gentle series of whimpers and tiny moans because he had spent so many years being quiet that he just couldn't make any loud noises.Ravi crooked his fingers and Kyungsoo moaned a little louder than normal.

    "Ready?" Ravi asked.

    "Have been for a while. .. Not used to this ." He in a gasp when Ravi dragged his fingers against the sensitive nerves one last time.

    "Get used to it if you ever want this again." He pushed in slowly and Kyungsoo gripped the taller man's arms harshly. "You ok?"

    "Please please don't stop. .. so good." He was in all the way and wanted to give his smaller lover time to adjust.

    "No!  Keep going!"

    "But I dont want to hurt you."

    "ing move already." Kyungsoo shouted. Ravi did just that, pulling Kyungsoo’s legs over his shoulders and leaning forward so the other man was folded in half as Ravi pounded into him.

    Kyungsoo clawed at Ravi's back and the scratches got harsher the closer the smaller man got to his end.

    "I can't last much longer." Ravi growled.

    "I'm so close..." Kyungsoo said, his throat not quite wanting to make the right noises so it sounded strange to his ears.

    " already." That was all Kyungsoo needed before he curled in on himself and then arched in an elaborate body wave that nearly threw Ravi off of him. His muscles clenched so tightly that Ravi came nearly the same time with a surprised noise in his throat. ". .." He whispered before pulling out and laying next to Kyungsoo. The smaller man looked as if he was going to get up, but Ravi wrapped his arms around him and pulled their sweaty bodies closer together before falling asleep.

    The next morning, the sun was barely shining through the curtains when Kyungsoo opened his eyes. Ravi felt him shift and looked at the man in his arms.

    "Why are we ?" He asked just before he resisted the taller man's attempt at a kiss.

    "Because we had ?"

    "No, if we had I'd be incapable of walking."

    "What the does Kai do to you?"

    "Why?"

    "No no s you have to keep quiet and it hurts? Do you like it that way?"

    "Does it matter what I-" The door opened and Kai was staring at the two laying on the blankets.

    "Was it worth it?" Kai snarled.

    "But we didn't-"

    "Don't give me that bull, you're covered in !" Kyungsoo looked down and saw what a mess he was. He was covered in a few incriminating hickies too.

    "Then why don't I hurt all over?"

    They gave their answers at the same time. Kai said "Because he's got a small ."

Ravi said, "Because he has no idea what he's doing."

    "I hope you're happy!" Kai shouted before he left, slamming the door.

    "I think this means we need to have a serious talk. Can I take you to breakfast?"

    Kyungsoo nodded, mildly in shock. "We were supposed to move in with each other for college. Where am I going to go now?"

    "We'll figure it out over breakfast. i’ll take care of you"

 

    They sat down at a nearby diner after slinking out of the room and following the trail of their clothing out of the house. Kyungsoo followed Ravi to a table he thought was much larger than necessary for two people and sat across from him. He fiddled with his watch and looked anywhere but at Ravi

    “Hey, it’s ok…” Wonsik said, putting his hand on top of Kyungsoo’s. “it’s just me.” he tried to reassure the smaller man.

    “No, it isn’t.” He sobbed, “It isn’t ok. I just wanted to rekindle our friendship and because i was stupid and drunk, I ed things up between us and to top it off I don’t have anyplace to go next semester.” He looked as if he was about to have a small panic attack. “I’ve ruined all of my chances of being friends with you agai-”

    “Soo, calm down.” Ravi grabbed Kyungsoo’s wrist a little tighter. “You’re my best friend. Always will be. I l- I’ll figure something out.” Ravi thought for a moment. “If you want we can- we could forget last night happened and just be friends again…” he said, trying to keep his voice positive.

    “You- you’re sure?” he asked while looking at Wonsik through thick eyelashes and big doe eyes. Wonsik hesitated for a moment, but nodded with determination.

    “Yeah… I won’t let you go and I don’t even know what i’d do without you…” he smiled softly.

    “Be stuck with Kai like I was?” Kyungsoo smirked. Wonsik smirked and texted someone. A few minutes after their food arrived, they were interrupted by Ravi’s friends who elbowed their way into the booth and started to steal bites of Kyungsoo and Ravi’s food. Kyungsoo finally understood why the other man ordered so much extra food.

    “So I suppose you’re wondering why I called this meeting.” Ravi said after the ruckus died down and everyone had ordered drinks.

    “You and Kyungsoo are finally a thing and he wanted to ask us for your hand in marriage?” Sanghyuk asked.

    “... no” Ravi took the fry that Ken was trying to eat, “My oldest friend, Kyungsoo has fallen onto some hard times.”

    “And hard ” Jaehwan giggled and gave Sanghyuk a high five, earning a glare from Wonsik.

    “And he has no place to stay next year for school, so I was thinking that he could live with us.” He looked expectantly at the others.

     “Are you two going to keep us up at all hours with your ing in the living room?” Hakyeon asked?

    “Goddammit guys, we’re not gonna be ing.” Ravi shouted loud enough to get the attention of the diner’s patrons in the immediate area. He awkwardly looked at his plate.

  "Damn" Hakyeon whispered.

    Taekwoon raised his hand slowly.

    “Then can i him?” He asked about the small man who was sitting next to him.

    Ravi paused for a moment before looking at Kyungsoo. “You have full permission to hit him if it so pleases you.”

    “Making out would also be a viable option, you can make out with him… or any of us for that matter.” Sanghyuk said. Wonsik buried his face in the crook of his elbow on the table.

    “ugh…”

 

    Later on, Wonsik walked Kyungsoo home.

    “I think they more wanted to feel out your reaction to how overtly… obnoxious they can be.”

    “Did i pass?”

    “Yeah. You didn’t freak out like last time.”

    “Will they really try to have with me?”

    “Only if you tell them it’s ok. Or if you just want to make out with someone...”

    “Like how you and Ken make out?”

    “We don’t make out all the time.” Wonsik said nervously.

    “Ok…”

    

    Kyungsoo soon realised that they weren't as weird as he originally thought. Kai had just been putting strange ideas in his head and keeping him in the dark about a lot of things. especially where Ravi and his friends were involved. He realised how much he had in common with Ravi and the others...including the newly realized crush on Lee Hongbin, love for music and knack for computers.

He was nowhere near as good as Ken, but he did manage to impress Leo and N on one or two occasions.

 

Wonsik and Kyungsoo started writing songs together and this brought them closer and closer.  Then one day Kyungsoo disappeared. Ravi had a weird feeling that morning, but brushed it off. He wished he knew why he felt that way.

Kyungsoo never answered his phone. He never left a note. The last anyone heard, he left Wonsik a text that said

 

Depending on how today goes, I need to tell you something when I get back.

He waited and waited. A week later, they found his car, another car and a mangled bicycle at the bottom of the cliff which was a shortcut that headed into the main part of the city.

There were no bodies so he continued to hold out hope.

The ray of light came when Ken pulled up a video of the supposedly untalented Lee Hongbin singing a very familiar song...