Chapter 2

His Delicate Hands

When he raised his gaze to see the reflection of Jaehyun on the mirror, his eyes met with a pair of bulging wide eyes instead. They’re sooo unlike Jaehyun’s. “So… Sorry,” stuttered the owner of the eyes who is obviously not Jaehyun. 'His voice is so smooth'. Jongin thought silently. He observed the face of the new hairstylist from the silky black hair; to his wide eyes which he find so cute even with large portion of the white part; to his cute nose; and finally to the red plump lips. He can’t help but thought that the hairstylist is the cutest human being he ever seen aside from his cute baby nieces and nephews. 'He can be my baby if he wants.' He giggles in his mind. 'No no no, I must be insane. How can I think about such thing?? It’s ridiculous. I am a heartbroken man; I am not ready to fall in love again!' He continued his monologue in his head. “Are you alright?” it seemed like not only his mind is talking, but his face also ‘talked’ because his eyebrows just about to meet because of the frown on his face and the hairstylist noticed it. “Ah, I’m alright. Please don’t mind me,” said Jongin while looking at his hairstylist through the mirror. The said hairstylist had his hands dancing on the crown of his head.

He continued on staring at the image of the hairstylist like he was enchanted by the image he saw. The movement of his hairstylist’s hands looked so delicate that he felt like he cannot stop staring at the hairstylist. The delicate movement however seemed to be a bit clumsy as he saw that the hands that danced through his smooth hair hesitated a little from time to time. 'He must be new here', Jongin thought. “Where’s Jaehyun? Are you new here? What’s your name?” The curiosity in him can’t stop his mouth to ask the cute hairstylist. The movement of the seemingly smooth hands stopped for a while as the owner looked up from Jongin’s head to the mirror in front of them. “Jaehyun-ssi was hospitalized yesterday because of an accident,” After noticed the changes of Jongin’s face, the hairstylist continued, “Don’t worry, it’s just a minor accident fortunately,” Jongin released a relief sigh after that. Before he managed to utter something, he heard the hairstylist said “Yes, I am new here. Please take care of me,” Then, he flashed a heart-shaped smile and bowed a little to the mirror because all this while, they maintained the eye contact through the mirror.

Suddenly, the head hairstylist of Taemin’s team came towards them to urge the hairstylist to be faster because the dancers need to rehearse in a short while. Their conversation stopped abruptly since then. Jongin found himself failed to fell asleep while the hairstylist continued his job. He just stared at the mirror to observe the hands that moved so expertly on his head while wondering about how smooth the hands will feel on his own hands. He also found out that the hairstylist managed to fight his clumsiness bit by bit as he concentrated on his job. 'He must be passionate about his job', Jongin thought while a small smile appeared on his face. The hairstylist was so focused on styling Jongin’s hair and failed to notice a pair of eyes that continuously stared at him.

It felt like he had stared at his hairstylist for hours when the hairstylist finally announced, “Done!” with a heart-shaped smile which made his eyes flickered because of the bright image. Jongin finally moved his gaze from the hairstylist’s reflection on the mirror to the reflection of his own image. On the mirror, he saw a different image of him with the hair styled by his new hairstylist. He found himself liked the style better than Jaehyun’s style. His current hairstylist seemed to know and understand what image he wanted for him. Then, he stood up from the stool he sat on to smooth his outfit and readied for rehearsal. He faced his hairstylist who happened to be about a head shorter than him when the hairstylist wanted to put on his last touch on his hair. His heart flustered because of the small distance between their faces when the hairstylist tipped on his toes to reach his hair. 'He does not only have delicate hands, his skin also looks so delicate,' Jongin’s mind seemed to be wandered again. He observed the face close to his intently (he really wants to touch it—maybe kiss it) until their eyes met and the hairstylist put his hands down abruptly and stood on his feet again. He noticed that the hairstylist’s hands shivered a little and the pink blush on his cheeks also did not go unnoticed. He smiled to the hairstylist because he realized that he was the one who made him flustered and he liked that. “Thank you,” he whispered on the hairstylist’s right ear and caught on the soft scent of his manly cologne while doing so. He smiled again after seeing that the pink blush that tainted his cheeks earlier has changed to bright red. He decided that red suited the slightly chubby cheeks better.

All of sudden, Sehun came and dragged Jongin out of the dressing room for their rehearsal and the hairstylist was left alone with his still red cheeks. “What’s up with your face?,” Sehun frowned. “What’s with my face?,” Jongin replied. “You look like a love struck puppy,” “Am I?,” “Yupp, and it’s gross!” Sehun said. “Shut up! And I’m not gross!” Jongin smacked Sehun’s head hard. Sehun tried to counter attack but failed miserably as the PD urged them to the stage as the rehearsal started. During the rehearsal, Jongin’s mind wandered everywhere; everywhere by any means to a certain hairstylist with delicate hands and delicate skin. He can’t seem to erase the image of his bright red cheeks when he left the hairstylist earlier. However, when he tried to say the hairstylist’s name to himself, he cannot utter any names. Then he finally realized that the hairstylist did not manage to tell his name as they were interrupted by the head hairstylist earlier in the dressing room. He determined to find out his name soon. After the rehearsal ended, they rested for a while and then continued on for the live broadcast stage. Even when on the same stage with Taemin, he found his mind was successfully drifted away from the solo idol and always caught himself thinking about the still nameless hairstylist all day long instead. He wondered whether the barrier he put in his heart has been broken by a certain someone. 'No way.. I’m not that easy', he tried to deny the ‘something’ he felt about his new hairstylist.

To be continued.. a/n: Thank you for subscribing this story! Comments are much welcomed!