Chapter 3

His Delicate Hands

'No way.. I’m not that easy', he tried to deny the ‘something’ he felt about his new hairstylist. However, that night, Jongin dreamed about a certain cute face with wide eyes, cute nose and red plump lips that formed a heart-shape smile, as well as a pair of delicate hands that danced on his crown of head. All this while, he usually dreamed about Taemin’s face and the idol’s suave body movements when he danced.

Morning finally came as the sun crept up slowly from the horizon. Jongin frowned slightly when a ray of early morning sunlight pierced through his bedroom’s window hit his face. He sat up on his bed and stretched his sore body to loosen his muscles a bit. “I really need a new mattress,” he muttered, annoyed because he was so tired of waking up on a ratty mattress everyday but upon remembering last night’s dream, his lips started to curve upward to form a small smile. He was excited to meet the person who appeared in the dream later. He smiled dumbly and skidded happily towards the bathroom to prepare himself for the day ahead. Never in his life he felt this enthusiast to go to work; well, he had once felt like that when he was chosen to be one of Taemin’s back-up dancers back then.

That day, they had a broadcast schedule at an ‘S’ broadcasting station and they need to prepare themselves since morning. He was so happy in anticipation to meet a certain nameless someone that he can’t put out a smile off his face. “Why are you so happy this early in the morning?” Sehun noticed Jongin’s weirdness as he is usually grumpy if they had schedule early in the morning. “Nothing,” Jongin just shrugged with the smile still lingered on his face. He knew that he might look creepy but he really can’t sweep off the smile on his face.

Once entering their allocated dressing room, he found himself kept glancing at the door as they began to dress up for the upcoming stage. All the staffs came in one by one but the person he waited for seemed to be taking forever to appear on the doorstep of the room. Jongin’s face fell a little when the thought about the absence of the hairstylist. He noticed that all the other hairstylists have arrived with the exception of the person he anticipated when all of sudden, that person appeared on the doorstep of the dressing room panting and gasping for air. His fringe seemed damp with sweat and stacked on his forehead messily. He happened to be late on his second day of work. Jongin sat quietly on a stool as he observed the hairstylist was getting scolded by the head hairstylist. He pitied the scolded hairstylist silently.

After a while, he approached the cute hairstylist after the head hairstylist left him alone. He who was preparing tools needed to do his job got shocked when he felt a soft blow of wind on his neck. He craned his head towards his back only to bump his forehead hard onto another forehead. “Ouch!” they both muttered while rubbing their bumped foreheads. Both of them blushed immediately as soon as their eyes met. Jongin blushed because he did not expect that his action of blowing the nape of the hairstylist earlier will results on the bumping of their heads while the hairstylist blushed because he did not expect to come face to face with the back-up dancer who made him blushed madly the other day once again.

“Sorry,” both of them said at the same time. The blush on their faces is getting deeper and redder. After a few seconds of silence, Jongin said, “No, I am sorry, you’re not at fault. I should not do that earlier,” “I… It’s o.. okay, Jongin-ssi. My head is alright, how about yours?” the hairstylist stuttered a bit. 'Wow, he knows my name! The head hairstylist must have introduced us to him'. Jongin’s insides were jumping happily. “Don’t worry, my head is hard as rock. They won’t break, umm..” Jongin stopped for a bit. “Kyungsoo. My name is Do Kyungsoo,” the hairstylist said while letting out a small laugh because of what Jongin said. “Kyungsoo..,” Jongin muttered silently and he liked the sound of the name from his tongue.

Their short meeting was cut off by the head hairstylist as she instructed Kyungsoo (now Jongin knows his name) to resume what he was doing before he was interrupted by Jongin. Jongin smiled a guilty smile and then backed off to sit on a stool beside Sehun. “I saw you earlier. He’s kinda cute,” teased Sehun as soon as he seated. Jongin did not say anything but the glare he sent towards his best friend said it all. “What?? I just said that he’s cute. I did not say that I want him, he’s yours anyway,” Sehun defended himself while Jongin blushed when he heard Sehun said that Kyungsoo is his. “He’s not mine,” Jongin said dejectedly as he realized that Kyungsoo might be someone else’s. “Not yet anyway. You have to catch him fast, you know. Before I catch him,” Sehun winked at him. Once again, Jongin sent him a ‘do you wanna die’ glare to his best friend. “Nah, I’m kidding. I’m happy to see you like this. You looked genuinely happy, and.. in love. You can’t close your heart forever and I’m glad that you chose him. He seemed nice,” Sehun said sincerely.

Jongin was so touched after hearing what Sehun said. He just smiled appreciatively at his best friend. He was glad that he met Sehun and befriended him even though he looked intimidating at first. He was also glad that he met Kyungsoo who had started to make his way into his heart. He searched for the image of the hairstylist through the crowded room and thought; I must make him mine, soon. He also wished that Kyungsoo is still single. He was so scared that his fragile heart will break for the second time in a short span of time.

To be continued.. a/n: Should I make this story angsty? Do let me know your opinion, please!