Chapter 4

His Delicate Hands

He also wished that Kyungsoo is still single. He was so scared that his fragile heart will break for the second time in a short span of time. Trying to be optimistics, he thought to himself that he will never know if he doesn’t try.

Since he met Kyungsoo a week ago, Jongin has formed a habit of staring at the said man. His eyes always fixed on the hairstylist whenever they are in the same vicinity which happens every time Taemin has schedule. Also, every time the hairstylist styled other dancer who’s not him, he will send death glares to them but never to Kyungsoo. Today also does not differ from the other days. As soon as he enters their dressing room, his eyes start to roam around to find a certain figure of petite body and a cute face. Sehun once said that he looks like a ert. He received a hard punch on his skinny arm after that.

Today, Taemin has a fan meeting at an 'L' shopping mall. Their dressing room is allocated at small hall somewhere in the spacious shopping mall. The hall is too small to accommodate all the staffs, dancers and the idol comfortably. Their movements are a bit restricted but Jongin does not mind about it at all. To him, small space means smaller space between him and his crush. He searches for his eye candy, the apple of his eyes in the small space but in the process, his eyes lands on Taemin, his former crush at a secluded corner of the room instead. He can't help but thinks that the idol looks gorgeous as always. The idol is reading something on his phone with a smile on his face. 'It must be Minho,' he says in his mind. 'I should know that I don't have any chances at all since the beginning', he thinks. While drowning himself in self-pity, he spaces out until he does not realize that a small figure of a hairstylist approached towards his direction.

Kyungsoo was looking for the head hairstylist when he saw Jongin, a dancer who never failed to make his stomach tingles with foreign feelings every time their eyes meet. The said dancer looks like a kicked puppy, staring into nothing. He squeezed himself in the crowded space to make his way to the frozen figure. "Hi, Jongin-ssi?" he waves his hand in front of Jongin's face. Jongin blinks his eyes a few times, surprised at the sudden greeting. Upon seeing the person who greeted him, the corners of his lips stretch up to his ears. Grinning widely, he greets back, "Hello!", excitement is obvious in his voice.

Kyungsoo stares at the bright image in front of him. 'His smile is beautiful,' he thinks. 'But why did he looked sad earlier?', he wonders. His thoughts are interrupted by a pointer finger poked on his right cheek. "What are you thinking about?" Jongin asks with a confused expression but his face has a light pink blush. ‘I touched his face! Oh my God! His skin is really soft like I always imagined’, he squeals in his mind. “Uh.. Oh, nothing. Anyway, what are you doing, standing here alone? And you looked sad earlier?" Kyungsoo feels the heat slowly creeping to his cheeks after realizing his mistake of staring at the dancer openly. “I’m thinking about you,” Jongin blurts immediately. “Wha.. What?,” Kyungsoo face flushes deeper, his already wide eyes widens in shock at the dancer’s words. “I said, I’m thinking about you,” Jongin leans on to whisper on Kyungsoo’s ear; his breath caresses the ear shell of the hairstylist and makes him shivers terribly. ‘Even the mole on his ear is cute,’ Jongin thinks.

The hairstylist has his mouth gapes open, his heart beats rapidly and he can feel the foreign feeling starts to make his stomach churns. Jongin on the other hand just smirks because he likes to see the flustered hairstylist. ‘He looks really cute, flustered like that,’ that’s why he teases Kyungsoo whenever he has chances to do so. It is also one of his strategies to make the cute hairstylist fall for him.

Jongin taps Kyungsoo’s chin lightly to close the gaped mouth of the hairstylist. His action makes Kyungsoo’s face blushes redder. “You should proceed to your job. The head hairstylist is on her way here, Kyungsoo-ssi. Please do my hair today, okay?,” Jongin says and leaves the still flustered hairstylist alone to find his best friend. Kyungsoo remains standing there and just watch the dancer’s back profile as he walks away from him. He brings his right hand towards his chest as he tries to calm his heart down. After a while, he walks towards the head hairstylist who was approaching him to meet her halfway. She briefs about his task for today and both of them start to proceed on their job for the day.

Jongin may look calm but actually, his heart was beating unusually fast once his eyes land on Kyungsoo earlier. After the encounter with the cute hairstylist, he walks away slowly while trying to slow down his heartbeat. He finds his best friend somewhere in the crowded room, talking animatedly to a pretty make-up artist. ‘So, that’s Luhan,’ Jongin thinks. Sehun always talk about the pretty male all the time since they met about five days ago. Jongin finds that Sehun looks different when he is in front of his crush. His eyes have something that makes them shine brightly; something like, love. Jongin wonders if he looks like that too when he is in front of Kyungsoo.

All back-up dancers of Taemin’s team are instructed to dress up as the performance will start in an hour. The idol himself has gone to the fan meeting venue to greet his fans. After they are dressed up in given outfits, they are seated in front of the long mirrors to put on a little make-up and to have their hair styled. Sehun is giggling giddily beside Jongin when Luhan came and put on some make-up on his face. Jongin can’t help but feels a little jealous at Sehun. He wishes that Kyungsoo can touch his face too, not only his hair. He shook his head violently after that for letting himself thinks about such childish thing.

Kyungsoo was instructed to style the back-up dancers line for today. He can choose any dancers he wants to style, the head hairstylist said earlier. He makes his way to the make-up area with a heavy box of hairstyling tools in his hands. He sees that most of the dancers already have their hair being styled by other hairstylists. Then, he moves towards the end of the make-up area to find any dancer without hairstylist. He spots Jongin at the far end of the area; the dancer seems to be the only one who yet has his hair styled. He walks in the dancer’s direction, hesitantly because he is still embarrassed about earlier. He bites his lower lip nervously as he walks; his eyes on the floor all the while. He almost reaches the dancer when a foot appears in his line of vision; and suddenly, he feels himself getting pulled by the gravity and his body is flying towards the floor. The toolbox he held falls onto the floor with a loud crashing sound.

He closes his eyes and waits for the impact of hard floor on his but it never comes. Instead, he feels that his face lands (or literally squished) on a hard (but not too hard) surface and his hands supporting his body on the not too hard surface too. He sniffs a little and that’s when he smells a familiar manly scent. He freezes there when he feels a pair of hands hold his waist gently. He's afraid to open his eyes as he knows who he fell on; his forehead starts sweating madly he feels like hyperventilating and his heart—his heart beats rapidly but it seems like it beats matched with the one that beats in the chest he lands on.

To be continued..

a/n: My feelssss… O_o