Chapter 6

His Delicate Hands

Doesn't he know there's a dancer with green heart full of jealousy looking at them from afar with a killing look, if looks can kill that is. The dancer who just finishes their performance rushes back as soon as he’s off-stage to the small hall to check on his hairstylist only to witness the intimacy of his crush with another man (a good looking man at that). He glares at the tall man from afar with a burning heart. He can see that the man- whatever his name is, has special feelings towards his cute hairstylist from his sparkly eyes; his too bright smile and the fondness look he gives when he’s talking to the latter. His heart is burning with jealousy and anger because the possessive side of him has just strikes at the moment. ‘Kyungsoo is mine, and only mine. No one aside from me can have him! I must make my move as soon as possible!,’ Jongin says in his mind.

His shoulder slumps dejectedly as he walks away, away from the heart-wrenching scene. Thousands of negative thoughts are floating in his mind at the time. ‘What if Kyungsoo likes him too?’ ‘What if the man is better than me?’. ‘Am I too late now?’. More negative questions keep appearing in his mind. Pouting, he brings himself to the gents to wash his face in hope that all his sadness and insecure feelings will just drain away together with the flowing water. He enters one of the stalls and sits on the toilet seat to clear his mind but just as he is seated, he hears a faint sound of footsteps entering the washroom. Not long after that, sound of flowing water from the sink echoes in the confinement. After a minute of silence, Jongin hears a familiar voice which he knows by heart says; “So, that’s not a dream.. What have I done? He must hate me now, I am so embarrassing! How can I faint like that? On top of him too?! He must think that I’m girly and weak.. Huarggh! Must I quit this job? Nooo.. I can’t! After all my hard works, how can I give up like that?! What should I do? How can I face him after this..” Jongin stays still in the stall as he hears Kyungsoo’s long ramblings; an amused smile lingers on his face.

-- A while ago –

"Thank you Chanyeol-ssi," Kyungsoo says while flashing his usual heart-shaped smile towards Chanyeol. He decides to be polite towards the stranger and worry about his 'dream' later. “Anyway, are you sure you’re alright? I saw you fainted earlier.. Your face was so red,” says Chanyeol. Kyungsoo’s face pales immediately. “Wh.. What are you talking about? So, um.. I really fainted?,” He stutters while his face starts to colour again. He blushes upon recalling the embarrassing ‘dream’. “Yes. You fell on top of one of our back-up dancers. He carried you here, Kyungsoo-ssi,” Chanyeol says with all hints of jealousy successfully hidden. He wishes that the cute hairstylist in front of him fell on top of him instead so that he can carry him like the dancer did. He has fallen for the hairstylist since the first day Kyungsoo starts working for Taemin’s team. It was love at first sight; his heart was captivated the moment he saw Kyungsoo’s small figure, fair complexion, wide eyes, cute nose and what caught his attention the most was Kyungsoo’s plump red lips that looked so enticing. He is one of the staffs from Taemin’s props team, so, every time Taemin has schedules, he will catch glimpses of Kyungsoo mostly only from afar. Sometimes, they bump with each other but only exchanged small polite smiles when that happens. Chanyeol also noticed that not only he was captivated by the petite hairstylist; he often saw Kyungsoo and Jongin from back-up dancers line interact with each other, their faces flushed red every time.

He decided to approach his crush when he saw his opportunity came when the back-up dancer left unconscious Kyungsoo alone for Taemin’s stage earlier. He thought that he must give a shot if he wants the guy for himself. There he is, fighting all the awkwardness to talk to his crush. Lost in his own thoughts, he does not realize that Kyungsoo’s eyes widens, his jaw falls and his face turns bright red after hearing what he said. He jolts a bit when Kyungsoo waves his hand in front of his face. “Are you okay? I need to go to the washroom, if you may excuse me..” Kyungsoo’s small voice says. Chanyeol sees Kyungsoo’s uneasiness and let him leave. “Do you want me to accompany you?,” he asks because he is still not satisfied that he talked to Kyungsoo only for a while. He wants to learn more about the hairstylist; he wants to hear his soothing voice some more and he wants to stare at his perfect face a little longer. “It’s okay, Chanyeol-ssi. I’m fine by myself,” Kyungsoo says with an assuring smile and leaves to the washroom after that. Chanyeol looks at the retreating figure with longing eyes. ‘See you later,’ his small heart says.

-- Present—

Jongin can’t sweep off the amused smile he had on his face all the time he’s hearing Kyungsoo’s ramblings. ‘So, he thinks of me, after all,’ Jongin can’t help but feels relieved. ‘I still have my chance, I’m not too late,’ he thinks silently. Kyungsoo is still rambling about his embarrassment in front of the mirror; saying something about undergo plastic surgery to change his face and something about migrating abroad as Jongin stays silent on the toilet seat. ‘How adorable,’ his smile widens. He decides to wait for a little while before revealing himself to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo is panting slightly, bending over the sink to inhale more oxygen after his long rants end when Jongin opens slowly the door of the stall he went in earlier.

“Ehem,” Jongin clears his throat to catch Kyungsoo’s attention. Then, Kyungsoo looks up at the mirror to see the intruder only to have his eyes widen and mouth gapes open upon seeing the person’s reflection. ‘OMG! How on earth he’s here?!’ He screams in his mind. Heat starts to spread all over his body and he is sure that his face has a beet red hue as he turns around to face Jongin. He feels like fainting again suddenly. ‘Must not faint again.. Must not faint again..,’ he chants in his head. “So, do you really want to do that plastic surgery?,” Jongin says with a teasing smile. “Um, I’ll think about it some more,” Kyungsoo replies; head down, too embarrassed to look at Jongin. “I.. I’m sorry for fainting on top of you, Jongin-ssi,” he continues. Jongin walks forward, approaching Kyungsoo who still has his head down. He cups Kyungsoo’s face softly with one hand and lifts it to face him then releases it once he gets hold of Kyungsoo's gaze. “You are too cute for your own good, you know,” Jongin says nonchalantly.

Kyungsoo stares at the dancer’s face in front of him with eyes wide open, shocked at the dancer’s gesture. ‘He’s too close,’ Kyungsoo says in his mind. He can’t help but becomes enticed at the image he sees. ‘His face is gorgeous, really,’ he continues staring at Jongin for who knows how long. His thoughts is interrupted when Jongin says; “I don’t mind about it Kyungsoo-ssi. Even if you sleep on top of me, I really don’t mind,” Kyungsoo feels like his heart will burst right then right there with overwhelming feelings he has. He blushes redder and deeper as he asks, looking straight into Jongin’s eyes; “Why are you always teasing me?”. Kyungsoo is a little afraid of Jongin’s answer. He’s so scared that Jongin only wants to play with his heart; purposely steals his heart only to crush it like a useless trash later. He is inexperienced in love that he doesn’t know how to differentiate flirting gestures with sincere love gestures. He shuts his eyes tightly while waiting for Jongin’s reply. ‘I must man up now. I don’t want to risk myself of losing him for that tall guy,’ Jongin says in his mind; determined to make a move. “That’s because.. I like you Kyungsoo-ssi,” comes Jongin’s reply.

He opens his eyes immediately and meets with the sight of a fidgeting dancer with face red all over; his ears seems like they’re on fire. Kyungsoo tries to form words- any words to reply the sudden confession but nothing comes out from his mouth. He opens and closes his mouth several times but still nothing blurts out. Jongin sees the stunned hairstylist and decides to do something to get his reply. Actions speak louder than words anyway. “If you don’t push me when I’m doing this, that means you accept my feelings; but if you push me, I’ll go- I won’t disturb you and your life anymore,” Jongin says, and waits for seconds before leaning down slowly towards Kyungsoo. “You can push me no--,” his words are cut short when a pair of arms yanks Kyungsoo away from him.

To be continued..

a/n: Hi, just a slight angst for you. I myself can’t handle angst very well. And this story is ending soon, I think. I don’t plan to write long fic at the first place. Thanks for reading my story. I write just to fill my leisure time. I just finished my college! FREEDOM! –Clap for myself- \(^_^)/